Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. IMPORTANT : please read my suggestion, please add the reply feature to the desktop app because it is only there in the mobile app

If you are wondering where you can put that feature, you can put it in the details list of the message.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. chat

be abl to chat

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Having the ability to delete unwanted messages in chats, or deleting the whole chat itself

If we accidentally sent something on a chat (in class Teams or private chats with other students) that we didn't mean to post, we should have the ability to delete or edit those messages, or even the ability to permanently delete the whole chat history itself.
    Say, you sent some embarrassing or unrelated messages/images in the past, that you don't want to be read again and remembered. So, the ability to delete these messages would be very helpful. And if you just wanted to delete the whole chat history for both the sending and receiving end, to make it look…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A way to delete accidentally messages in messages

Ive sent multiple accidental files and messages so itd be great to be able to delete messages as i currently cannot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. DELETE ENTIRE CONVERSATION

Please add a feature delete an entire conversation of private chat

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The ability for owners to enable/disable chat for individual members

When in a general team meeting and chat is disabled for all members, it would be helpful to have the ability for owners (teachers) to have the ability to chat with individual members. Particularly, for students that require more intensive support.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. allow for private messages in chat. I don't need everyone to see the message sometimes

Some messages are only for one person in the meeting. Private chats would be good to have

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add nicknames function

add nicknames to teams and chat functions

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. React Features

The method of reacting to comments in the chat is slightly cumbersome. I want to be able to click on a comment, and have the reacts window pinned to the top of that , rather than just hovering over the message. My mouse will slide out of the reaction window and I have to repeat the process again, this is compounded if someone comments in chat, and it moves the whole chat log up. It only wastes a couple of seconds, but this adds up over time.

Maybe if the chat froze/didn't autoscroll while you clicked on a message, that's…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide context for chat search results

When there are search results in chat, it only shows the one single message with the search term. It would be much more useful to be able to jump to that message in the chat and be able to see the surrounding messages in context.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be very useful if you could add a option to "delete the chat" in teams chat rather than "Hide chat "

It will ensure more privacy for people if we could delete the whole chat instead of only "hiding" the chat. Hope you consider this suggestion :-)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teachers need the ability to turn off the chat option

We need to be able to turn off the chat, so students can focus on the lesson. The chat is so distracting, and I cannot manage it.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mute student conversation for large Class Teams

I have discovered that the ability to Mute Members' Conversations in Class Teams to stop them from posting in chat does not work for large classes (more than around 90 in my testing). Upon clicking 'Mute All' I am told it is 'Unable to mute members at this time'

This is a bug which needs to be fixed please as we have groups containing large numbers of students and this feature is especially imperative for these large Class Teams.

Thank you

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. clear chat or delet chat

after a couple of weeks chat page gets to bulky and it is not convenient to work with, has to be option to clear it when I need it or must go a way after period of time must be setting options.
    Thanks

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Paste as plain text

It would be very appreciated to add "paste as plain text" as an option when pasting text.

We constantly paste code or formatted text and it's rare to want to keep the original format. I'm constantly pasting and copying into an intermediate text application to remove formatting.

We need this feature in Linux and Windows app

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. New way of conversation (Please vote)

(Use of the link is given at the end of the article)

By https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/users/2323166872-microsoftuser1,

It would be great if you add a text to speech option as it is in mobile phones; for the desktop users. It would be convenient as we do not need to type the whole message (especially big) and it would be auto-typed by speaking. It would also be great if it supports many languages and yes, I have 1 more feature in which we can translate the text written in one language to another for eg. Hi in English to any other language or…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. You should add a thumbs up button that goes with the raise hand button.

You should add a thumbs up button that goes with the raise hand button. That way students can agree even without a mic.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Blocking People on Chat

My school recently switched over to using teams because of the corona virus pandemic, so anyone in my school can privately chat me. I do not like the feature. 1) you should be able to send a request, asking if I can privately chat with someone. If they refuse, you cannot chat with them. If they accept, you can chat with them. 2) I believe that you should be able to block someone. I have recently been able to mute someone, but I still receive their messages! So please, Microsoft, make a feature that allows people to block people.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. have private chats with class mates

having private chats so the whole class can not see what you talk about

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Private Chatting with orginisers/teachers/managers ext

It would be an intelligent idea to introduce chatting privatley with the orginiser of the teams call. This would be an appropiate idea to intorduce due to students maybe feeling anxious about unmuting and speaking in the chat. It may also help if you are doing a test and blocking others from getting a notifaction you can just privatley chat the teacher.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base