Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. delete chats and group chats permanently

oh.. my gosh this feature is so bad i really hate ms teams. i searched the whole of internet on how to delete private chats and group chats. whatsapp has this feature. even in gail u can delete mails. even on social media u can. so... y not on teams... i dont get it. MS TEAMS PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE update this feature... its urgent

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mute student conversation for large Class Teams

I have discovered that the ability to Mute Members' Conversations in Class Teams to stop them from posting in chat does not work for large classes (more than around 90 in my testing). Upon clicking 'Mute All' I am told it is 'Unable to mute members at this time'

This is a bug which needs to be fixed please as we have groups containing large numbers of students and this feature is especially imperative for these large Class Teams.

Thank you

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New way of conversation (Please vote)

(Use of the link is given at the end of the article)

By https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/users/2323166872-microsoftuser1,

It would be great if you add a text to speech option as it is in mobile phones; for the desktop users. It would be convenient as we do not need to type the whole message (especially big) and it would be auto-typed by speaking. It would also be great if it supports many languages and yes, I have 1 more feature in which we can translate the text written in one language to another for eg. Hi in English to any other language or…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. You should add a thumbs up button that goes with the raise hand button.

You should add a thumbs up button that goes with the raise hand button. That way students can agree even without a mic.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Having the ability to delete unwanted messages in chats, or deleting the whole chat itself

If we accidentally sent something on a chat (in class Teams or private chats with other students) that we didn't mean to post, we should have the ability to delete or edit those messages, or even the ability to permanently delete the whole chat history itself.
    Say, you sent some embarrassing or unrelated messages/images in the past, that you don't want to be read again and remembered. So, the ability to delete these messages would be very helpful. And if you just wanted to delete the whole chat history for both the sending and receiving end, to make it look…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Post scheduling in Channels

When posting on channels, please make it possible to schedule posts

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. cant we students have our private chat???

cant we students have our private chat???

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. DELETE ENTIRE CONVERSATION

Please add a feature delete an entire conversation of private chat

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. you could make

you could type someones name so the message it goes to them
    personally and
    and only they can see it and no one else
    because its important that we all communicate as well as work

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. add eyeroll reaction to messages

The thumbs up, laugh, heart, and sad face are all nice, but when you are on a team in teams the EYEROLL emoji would be an excellent addition as an instant reaction.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Paste as plain text

It would be very appreciated to add "paste as plain text" as an option when pasting text.

We constantly paste code or formatted text and it's rare to want to keep the original format. I'm constantly pasting and copying into an intermediate text application to remove formatting.

We need this feature in Linux and Windows app

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Delete posts

Once someone (student or teacher) has posted something they should be able to delete it

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to block status updates (Users using @ mentions to chat even with chat disabled)

Even with chat disabled, students are using the status window to @ other students and talk.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Include a "deliver quietly" option for messages.

While sending messages, if there is a deliver quietly option, then it will be very, very helpful.
    This is required because, if the message is not urgent, or if person is in a meeting, but needs to see the message we can simply wait till he opens his chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. clear chat or delet chat

after a couple of weeks chat page gets to bulky and it is not convenient to work with, has to be option to clear it when I need it or must go a way after period of time must be setting options.
    Thanks

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can you please enable an option to delete multiple chat messages at once, also, an option to delete messages of other people from our side?

Can you please enable an option to delete multiple chat messages at once, also, an option to delete messages of other people from our side?

Please, It's a severe Request...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Chats and Messages

Greetings, Microsoft Teams Staff...

Requesting you to kindly add an option to delete chats and clear all messages in groups and personal chat accounts as they look like they're filled up in the chat section. This is a feature available in apps like WhatsApp and Messenger. Requesting you to please see through this as sometimes, packed messages can be pretty annoying when the inability to delete them is not present. Please do the needful. Thanks in advance.

Kevin Sajan T.
    Student of Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Making it able to mute urgent chats

It gets really annoying when someone keeps chating you urgents when you are busy i think you should be able to mute them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Blocking People on Chat

My school recently switched over to using teams because of the corona virus pandemic, so anyone in my school can privately chat me. I do not like the feature. 1) you should be able to send a request, asking if I can privately chat with someone. If they refuse, you cannot chat with them. If they accept, you can chat with them. 2) I believe that you should be able to block someone. I have recently been able to mute someone, but I still receive their messages! So please, Microsoft, make a feature that allows people to block people.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base