Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notification Enhancements

We have moved back to using Skype as the notification for Chat is not customizable. Staff that use Team for chatting, miss incoming messages, compared to Skype. I want to push the use of Team, but this factor renders the app useless.

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature is being worked upon and I hope to have more details to share in the coming months.

-Warren

2. Draft posts

I would like to be able to draft items in teams that I can either manually post at a later time or schedule to post at a later time. I am a teacher and would like to be able to set items (such as a conversation post) ahead of time but then post when my students are ready for that specific information

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. View all unread messages for a team

If I have unread messages across several channels on one team, I would like an "All Unread" option (similar to Slack) where it shows all the unread messages divided by channel. It's a good way to catch up on everything in the morning without a lot of clicking around.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notification banner privacy option.

It should be possible to hide the content of incoming notifications. In school the teacher laptops are often connected to Interactive Whiteboards which the class pupils are looking at.

When a notification comes in it will show the content of the message which is obviously not good when this is easily visible by the entire class and could contain private information.

The Teams desktop app really needs the option to hide the message content and instead just show the banner with only the name of the sender displayed.

Thank you.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make the distinction between "Reply" and "New Post" much clearer

People seem to overlook the "reply" option frequently and start "new" conversations, and so then the conversation gets fragmented. If you could highlight "Reply" or "Type a new message" more clearly, I think that would help.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. reply to thread in private chat

Would like to be able to reply to a thread in a private or small group chat the way you are able to in a channel. Since you are not able to start a new chat with the same individual or small private group, this is the only way to keep conversations organized and eliminate confusion when threads get long.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. archive conversations and chats

Hi folks, definitely need to see ARCHIVE button for conversations and chats.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I want to try to provide clarity on the current functionality because we find that sometimes people are unaware of the settings available to tenant & team admins. There are three different types of edit/delete settings, all of which are switched on/off at the tenant or team level.
    1) Allow users to edit their own messages
    2) Allow users to delete their own messages
    3) Allow owners to delete all messages

Tenant level settings:
    Tenant admins can update capabilities from the “Messaging” section in the Admin center.
    By default, allow users to edit/delete their own messages is ON at the tenant level (and therefore the team level).
    By default, allow owners to delete all messages is OFF by default in all tenants, except in EDU where it is ON by default.

Team level settings:
    If edit and delete settings are enabled by the Tenant admin, team owners can also control…

9. move threads

As owner move a thread that doesn't belong in the current channel to another. As owner I only have the ability to delete a message that another user submits. I understand maybe this could be abused but as a Team owner I can clean up and monitor the channels for accurate messages/threads.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Owner is able to delete member posts in conversations

As a teacher, and owner of the team, I need to be able to delete inappropriate comments left in the conversations. This is VERY important to for many reasons but one glaring reason is for language and cyber bullying. I can't be seen to condone such words by not deleting them.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. block private chat for groups of students

So we can turn off the chat for everyone, or just the students apparently. But what if you want to allow access to say the grade 12's but not the grade 9's? Or to the science class but not the music class? Can this be done? I would like to see the ability to block specific student groups rather than all students

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Notification

It would be nice to have the notification option, We can not see when there is conversation or message.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Admin/Owner ability to delete messages in a channel.

As a team administrator it is vital that the assigned owners of teams channels have the ability to delete any message in a team channel. This is a feature that will cause my entire company to stop using Teams if not addressed.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. increase group chat size

The current group chat limits the number of participants to 19 or so. I would like to see this expanded, as my team is larger than this and we would like to have the ability to have a group chat.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Better notification icons

The icons on the left (Chat, Teams, etc) should show when there are unread messages. In Slack, for example, each Slack Team icon will show a number of unread messages and each channel or private conversation will be bolded. You have the bolding down, but when I'm in Chat I don't know that I have pending Team messages.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Manage sticker options by Content Rating

EDU tenants receive a different sent of stickers from other customers. For example the entertaining Office Drama editable memes are not available in EDU. Microsoft says the provided options are "more relevant to education and friendlier for our younger audiences" which may be true for K-12 but not post secondary audiences. Not to mention business users at EDU customers.

Teams already has a control for limiting GIFs by a user defined content rating which can be set by user type (one for faculty/staff and one for students). It would make more sense to classify the sticker options and honor that…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "SEEN"

Hi Team,

I think that you should add "seen" word in the end of the last messenger as the signal to show everyone know if it has been read. :)

Thanks

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rename saved messages

Rename saved messages so that you can find the relevant saved message quickly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. have a speaker when we type in the chat

when you are texting some one you can have a speaker

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)