Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications not recieving on PC, when I am seeing them on my phone!

I don't need to see notifications or messages recieved when I am checking them on my phone.
    There is a setting for the vice-versa of this, i.e. when message is recieved, and I'm active on desktop, mobile won't get the notification.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. in addition to different skin tones also include male pattern balding

option to change haircut from default to include bald on emojis

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The Auto Emoji

The Auto Emoji feature should have a feature in settings where you can turn it off, not a lot of people like them and have to find other ways to go around them. Personally I use a space between, like so : ) or (: if it doesn't fit the conversation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Parental controls with Chat under Teams

Provide an option for parents to control/set the chat time with other students. (I.e, daily time limits, daily times chat is available to communicate with other student, without impacting the availability for a student and teach to chat).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create a schedule send feature in MS Teams

As an MS Teams User (who is part of an organization),
    I want to be able to send a message now, but have it delivered later, so that I don't have to risk forgetting to send the message later, and the receiver(s) of my message get it at the time they need it, instead of sooner, which increases the risk of them forgetting or having that messages pushed out of sight due to other messages being sent.

This feature is already available on some instant messaging platforms, and most email clients, including MS Outlook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Question mark

On message reactions you should have a question mark reaction so if someone does not get what something means they can react with the question mark so other people know that they don't understand. That is why I think we should have a question mark reaction.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I am an Owner/Teacher. I post directions for, and start a meeting .Allow me to edit my post during and or after the meeting

I am an Owner/Teacher. I post directions for, and start a meeting . Allow me to edit my post during and or after the meeting. I want the option to edit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Unblock my chats i did nothing to get them blocked

My chats got blocked I'm a student how the **** can I get ahold of teachers now unblock my ****

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Put a button called "Rejoin chat"

I quitted the Boys Group Chat last year and today, I miss them. Please add a button called "Rejoin chat" because I want to rejoin the chat. I don't want to cry. Pls, add the button :(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow for copying or downloading the chat messages. Currently, only small snippets of chats can be copied.

Only small snippets of chats can be copied and even then, the highlighted text does not always get copied to a clipboard so when I go to paste it in Word, most of it hasn't copied over.
    I have important information in some of my business chats and need to be able to save these as supporting documentation. Had I known that there was no download or copy function, I would never have used MS Teams for business matters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pop out teams

It would be verry nice if you could pop out a entire team. mutch like popping out a chat.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Seperate private chats from teams meeting chats

Currently the chat shows all chats from private messages and teams meeting chats. The only options right now are to show recent, contacts, and filter by name. Can there be an option to filter direct contact chats from the teams meeting chats. or have them as a separate tab such as teams meetings tab and the chat tab.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. to change notification position

My teacher scheduled re-occurring meetings and we automatically have to type in the same chat as the other meetings and she likes to ask our ideas or opinions on something related to the topic. and because it's a re-occurring meeting it has the same chat as its other meeting, and because my teacher asks us type something in the chat every meeting so whenever I type something and the other person sends a message Teams sends a notification that covers up the place where I'm supposed type and does not let me type so I am suggesting you to change…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create a feature/chat/personal notes/personal chat where you can send things to yourself

I went under 'chat'. I thought I could send a message without adding anyone in the chat with the intention to send something to myself. It did not go through and it said that I needed to add someone to the chat before sending that message.

I hope Microsoft Teams can look into this and soon everyone will not need to send emails over and over just for a piece of document. Soon everyone will have a classified list of notes, documents and ideas just by sending things to themselves using Microsoft Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create a feature/chat/personal notes/personal chat where you can send things to yourself

I went under 'chat'. I thought I could send a message without adding anyone in the chat with the intention to send something to myself. It did not go through and it said that I needed to add someone to the chat before sending that message.

I hope Microsoft Teams can look into this and soon everyone will not need to send emails over and over just for a piece of document. Soon everyone will have a classified list of notes, documents and ideas just by sending things to themselves using Microsoft Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Increase read receipt information

Provide read receipt information for up to 50 chat users. 20 is not enough!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. To add blocking people

its really annoying when people are annoying you and i suggest that you should not be able to block teachers, so if u could add the feature to block students that would be nice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow people using computer to reply to messages in private chat

Allow people using computer to reply to messages in private chat like how we can in the phone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Message pop up in front of student

A way to send a message to the student but not in the chat box. For it to pop up in front of them. Sometimes we need for kinder kids to click on a link, but they have a hard time locating chat box. Or we might need to grab the attention of a child through a private message that pops in front of them right away.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base