Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. reply to messages

much like whatsapp where you can reply to a specific message and that particular message will be quoted alongside the reply. Also the function to reply privately to a message sent in a group setting would be helpful

777 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

102 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your patience. We are thrilled to that replying to a chat message in the desktop client is now available as part of our Public Preview. It is expected to roll out to the public ring over the next several weeks.

Please see feature details here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-public-preview/now-in-public-preview-quoted-reply-for-desktop-web-coming-soon/td-p/2761594

For details on switching to the Microsoft Teams Public Preview version, please see : https://aka.ms/TeamsPublicPreview.

We look forward to your preview feedback!

2. Supervised Chat - non-restricted users should only be able to delete chats for restricted users

For supervised chat, non-restricted users should only be able to delete chats for those in the restricted group. OR there needs to be another solution that would give more control over specific content that is able to be deleted.

The concern is such that if non-restricted users can just delete chats for anyone, this would allow employees to delete chats in times when they shouldn't. Example of this would be employee deleting directives/messages from a manager. Even this ability being there would affect the confidence that management would have on teams messaging being a valid tool for communicating to their…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams & Chat: Add more to context menu

Really tired of copying and pasting formatting into my Teams Chats. Can we get some more choices in the context menu? How about the choices we see in Office 365? or just "Paste as plain text" or "paste w/o formatting."

Thanks,

Chris

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. improve pop out chat

I'm glad I have a pop out chat option now! But it's terribly implemented. Any time I have to leave what I am working on to go chat (or to go POP OUT a chat) is a hassle.

Improvements:

1) Ability to pop out the entire chat function. All of the chats, one window (or pop out of that window), separate from the teams app. Then you don't need a whole bunch of pop out chat windows.

2) Pop out from banner notification. If I get a chat notification I want to be able to pop it out from the…

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Anytime Typing

while talking in teams chat whenever the chat typing bar is not selected it does not type anything, So the person has to click on it and then type. So it takes a lot of time. Improvement - when the person clicks on the chat tab he can start typing on the chat without having to click on the text bar just like in discord

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Blocking Users

This feature would give each user a chance to block people who are messaging them. It might be useful for people who are getting spammed. The mute feature silences a chat but I think that it is also necessary to block someone altogether, similar to how it is possible to block someone on WhatsApp.

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delete chat where students post bullying, verbal abuse or profane words or/and phrases

It will sometimes be necessary to delete chats that students have created. As Teams administrator, we want to be able to delete reported chats that contain bullying, verbal abuse or profane words or/and phrases either in the chat itself or in the chat title. Even in renaming chat titles, system messages will display previously profane words and phrases that need to be deleted

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Schedule when your Post appears

Allow the ability to schedule when a post (or new conversation in Posts) appears similar to how Assignments can be scheduled. This will further help automate daily tasks for teachers.

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please make an option to expand and collapse all groups in the contact list at once

Please make an option to expand and collapse all groups in the contact list at once

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Thumbs down available on the emoji shortlist panel in chat

Teams chat is our primary means of communication. We need a thumbs down option in the shortlist attached to comments. We acknowledge that it is available to include in chat, but we need it to be able to respond directly to a message/comment.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. in addition to different skin tones also include male pattern balding

option to change haircut from default to include bald on emojis

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Team chat as a popout.

When I am grading or doing other work on Teams and a student chat message pops up, I would like to quickly read it and come back to the work I was doing, but I have to leave the page to read the chat message. Would it be possible to create a popout chat feature for times when we are working within the Teams platform and don't want to leave our page?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow people using computer to reply to messages in private chat

Allow people using computer to reply to messages in private chat like how we can in the phone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want an option to delete chats.

I would really like an option to delete chats. there are some people who I would like to lose all contact with, to have them NEVER text me again. I am confused as to why there no option to do so already. so far I have 4 chats that I wish to delete, and I want to have space for the chats I actually use! The only option is to "hide chats" but as soon as the text again, the chat just reappears! tell me Microsoft, WHAT IS THE POINT OF THAT? I look forwards to seeing this option added.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add reactions

We can add reactions to a message (more than 1 reactions to a message) and we can use any emoji. The same goes to the reactions in a meeting. And can we have more skin colours?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Thumbs Down/Dislike Reaction

Add a thumbs down/dislike reaction for messaging. The angry and sad emoticons often aren't appropriate for expressing disapproval. A thumbs down or dislike reaction would be more useful for professional, academic, and recreational conversation.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Forums in Teams

Discussion forums should be added to Teams!

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A way to stop urgent messages

I suggest the team to add a way to stop urgent messages without admin intervention.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Let us access old messages of chat if chat is disable

Our administrator had disabled chat ok we wont chat but let us access old messages I wanted a file which my friend had uploaded a few days ago and I could not access it. And also everybody's chat enabled now but I am not able to chat with everyone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Group Chat Improvements

1. Ability to change group chat icon so that educators can add school logo.

2. Ability to pin group chat to the top for mobile phones as well currently its available only for desktop apps.

3. Ability to pin specific message to the top in a group chat.

4. Ability to see the names of members who have seen the specific message in a group so that it becomes really handy for educators to know whether their messages have been seen by students or not.

5. More control to the Group Message admin so that they can allow / disable members to send message at…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 71 72
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base