Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Download attendance list in a Teams meeting

Download an attendance list from a Teams meeting

2,069 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

155 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback and waiting for this feature with patience. We have enabled download of a meeting attendance list during a meeting. This is released for general availability. Please note this feature is turned off by default, and needs to be enabled via admin policy.

See documentation for this feature here: https://support.office.com/article/download-attendance-reports-in-teams-ae7cf170-530c-47d3-84c1-3aedac74d310

Note: We are continuing to work on enabling download after a meeting has concluded, as well.

Thanks.

2. Allow to split meeting in separate sessions (breakout rooms)

For online trainnings, we wish to allow to split a meeting into separate sessions. The meeting host can choose to split the participants of the meeting into these separate sessions automatically or manually and can switch between sessions at any time.

The teacher can host a meeting for all classroom and divide sub meetings for students work in small groups and after that they can return to main meeting with all students.

1,290 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to record meetings in private channels

Holding meetings in private channels is really useful (students don't need to know when instructional staff is meeting), but I want the ability to record them like I can in a general channel. Recording 1-1 meetings would also be helpful to international students who could then review them.

1,147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. block calls between students but allow teachers to call students and students to call teachers within an allotted time of day

There is a feature to block students from calling but this disables them from calling the teacher. They need to be able to call the teacher as well as the teacher to call them. There also needs to be a guideline time in place so that students could not call teachers at 3am. So restricting calls between the hours of 8am-8pm for example. Not that the teacher is required to pick up all of those hours but the would prohibit the student from times outside of the window.

406 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to pause/turn off meeting chat

I would like to disable & enable the chat function attached to a recurring meeting (or a past meeting). Students use the chat all hours and I can't be there to moderate.

403 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase maximum meeting participants to 500

Currently, meetings are limited to 250 participants.
    We have several departments within our organization containing 250-500 employees.
    Because the current Teams meeting maximum size is 250, we use other applications to host meetings for these departments.
    We would like to be able to use Teams for these larger group meetings.
    Please increase the number of participants in meetings to 500.

380 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are expanding the limit for Teams meetngs from 300 to 1,000 active participates. Similarly, we are including a view-only experience for up to 20,000 people. For more information on the Advance Comms SKU which will include this experience, please visit https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-add-on-licensing/advanced-communications.

Please see the roadmap for more details: https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?searchterms=65952

7. Live event concurrency

Increase the number of concurrent live events to more than 15 per tenant - required to enable large cohort remote teaching which is a massive priority for universities at the time of the Coronavirus worldwide incident.

Universities will often have more than 15 large lectures running at the same time and increasing the number of live events to 30 or 45 will allow universities and colleges to remotely teach large numbers concurrently

332 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Unmuting a student

I love the 'mute all' option, but working with young kids, it is sometimes difficult for them to find the unmute button. It would be helpful as a teacher to be able to unmute a student.

304 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hard disable students video during a meeting (so they cannot turn on their cams)

I want a button to do hard block on all video feeds from participants. The setting you have now can be overridden by participants. There is risk of them showing inappropriate body shots or material.

286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. People with hands raised should be listed in the order they raised their hands, not alphabetically

In accordance with Robert's Rules of Order, I would like it if people who raised their hands were listed in the order that they raised their hands, so that I can take questions or comments in the order that they arose. I have noticed meeting organizers sometimes give undue attention to people whose names come first in the alphabet because of the way the names are listed currently.

285 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the "specific people" or "owners" option to who can bypass the lobby.

For education, there can be multiple teachers (owners) of a class page, but only the person who scheduled the meeting can bypass the lobby or way too many people (students) can bypass it. My co-teacher and I would like to both be able to bypass it. Having the "specific" people option like in the "Who can present" drop down would help immensely.

275 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need option that can switch record modes from organizer to participants.

Need option to switch record modes. Organizers should have the option to easily control who end up on recordings for meetings. Its not always that you need 9 faces on the screen especially as a teacher I need to have recordings that I can share with students if they missed my session with only me as the presenter on the screen. There should be some type of toggle that should easily control the outgoing recorded video.

225 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show who mutes or remove a participant

Show who mutes or remove a participant during the meeting.

223 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Record the whiteboard during a live meeting

During a live Teams meeting, you can use the Whiteboard, but it doesn't record. For classroom purposes, this makes it difficult for students who go back to watch the lesson later. They can't see what was done on the Whiteboard.

194 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Attendance list

When downloading the attendance list, it would be nice if the first and last name were separated into their own column. This would allow the teacher to sort by either first name or last name making it much faster and easier to take attendance. This would allow for more instruction time with the students as every minute is important.

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Access to Meetings Options when creating a Meeting

Seems to be that you can only change the options for a meeting once it has been created and scheduled.

Please make them available when creating the meeting.

Especially useful if you're using Meet Now for a classroom of children, and you don't want all of them to be a Presenter.

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mute all default in Classroom Teams

Once Teams is synced with the student information system the class Teams should default to Mute all and give the teacher the ability to unmute once digital citizenship is taught. This is a great what to teach students how to behave digitally.

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. We need a circle-format for meeting/conferencing/collaborating

We need a circle-format that highlights each person in the group and relates to a visual format, as if the students were actually sitting in a circle for education purposes and for implementing restorative justice circles in a distance learning format. This should include a virtual "talking piece" that would show up next to someone's name in the participant list, and at the same time, when the virtual talking piece is passed, the speaker's mic should turn on, and the other mics should automatically be muted. The icon for the "virtual talking piece" should be either a ball or a…

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Turn off student's ability to chat within the chat thread during a meeting

I would like to be able to selectively remove the ability of certain students to chat in the chat thread during a meeting. I am currently able to remove their ability to respond to the general thread via chat but not individual students during a meeting. This would be helpful to ensure that conversation remains appropriate.

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Introduce a way to give a non-invasive instant feedback to the presenter(Professor, teacher..)

Hello everyone,

I'm a university student and I sometimes have the need to give a rapid feedback to my Professor for example when they ask if everything is clear and if we are understanding the new concepts presented. In this case the only way to interact is by opening the microphone(which is a bit invasive in my opinion because everybody hears you and you kind of interrupt the lesson just saying "yes" or "ok!"; however it is also necessary for the teacher in order to have an idea of how the students are perceiving the lesson).
    I've thought about a…

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 138 139
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base