Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A full dictionary as a part of immersive reader.

The picture dictionary is good, but a full dictionary as part of immersive reader would be amazing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Closed Captions for Everyone

Right now I can't get to the closed caption feature, but I need it to focus in my online classes. The feature is only available on certain computers/browsers. I have many classmates that also can't focus without it or aren't able to hear what's happening without it. It would be very helpful to neurodivergent/hard of hearing people to be able to access this feature no matter what.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lock captions on.

I would like the option to make captions on the default rather than having to enable it each meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add Hindi as a translate language

Hindi, the national language of India is not a language option in Teams, although Indian English is. In general, Microsoft could do better with the list of language options, which are very limited at the moment. Google includes Hindi, and also Marathi, another major Indian language.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can I suggest special characters / keyboard for Spanish in the posts/messages?

A floating additional keyboard would be awesome when you type.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Full name in captions

There are people with the same names in the class
    e.g Aayush A and Aayush A
    Please add a full name in captions so that we can understand who is speaking.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sort using the tilde or other accent mark

Currently, Teams does not recognize the tilde ~ placed above letters in languages like French/Spanish. It would be great if when sorting, Teams recognized the accent mark so names like Nuñez are sorted correctly instead of ignoring the ~ above the second n or a name with an accent mark like à or á is being ignored as well.

Teams should recognize the local language in which it is sorting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. second audio channel for translating

it would be great to have option for second audio channel in the meeting to provide on the fly translation

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to see languages available for closed caption in video meeting

I would like everyone to be able to use closed captioning feature in their prefered language on their screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Immediate Translate on groupcall

It's really easy to add a translation to immediate translate on groupcall, when someone talks, like youtube or ... its a lot of problem for international students, if it could be possible, it's gonna be great

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Accuracy in translation & captions

Hi
    I'm Joe, a student in India who is using this app for studies. First of all, lemme tell you something. When I was in a meeting, I just turned on live captions. But the weird thing is that, the captions couldn't identify the language and translate to display them. Many times, the captions had crashed. Even if we spoke English clearly, it turned the right words into some other words (like, for example, the thing turned the word 'work' to 'word'. That's stupidity!). Please develop this captions and also add a feature like when someone says something in another…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Language option

We have a foreign language educator who teaches Marathi.
    Can we add that language in the language options?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Legenda

Habilitar o autor de uma live/videoconferência a colocar legenda para seus alunos surdos assistirem/ participarem como os outros

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. To add English (United Kingdom) as a language feature for keyboard language. Because not everybody spells the way Americans do

Just to change the options for language settings to better suit people living in other countries.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Usage of Term "Conversation" in French is confusing.

In french the section Chat is translated as "Conversation" and in the section Teams, the Tab Conversations is translated as "Conversations".
    From a user perspective this is a little confusing and it should be nice to keep Chat untranslated as it's commonly used in French too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base