Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Commercially, I'll use my very own meeting combined.

My idea is commercial websites that I can combine, descript and build websites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a setting in assignments and OneNote so that students cannot (accidentally) erase my markings.

Add a setting in assignments and OneNote so that students cannot (accidentally) erase my markings.

It would be great if there's a setting that would make the teacher's input/ marking only erasable by the teacher herself. Students might accidentally erase my marking when they do corrections.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hide OneNote page after the assignment is submitted

In order for my students to show their mathematical calculations Homework assignments, tests and quizzes are distributed through OneNote. I would like an option for the page to be hidden (not locked) once an assignment is submitted. I teach several periods of the same course, if the page is still visible other students can view the test throughout the day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can see everyone's face, including teachers during lesson. And also, have 4 people screen.

Can see everyone's face, including teachers during lesson. And also, have 4 people screen.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Prevent students from copying and pasting from another student's notebook

It would be nice to prevent students from copying and pasting from another student's notebook into their notebook. For instance, I graded one student's work and somehow another student copied and pasted that student's answers/work into their notebook page, including my corrections as a teacher.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Class Notebook in Teams - consistency in functionality

MS Teams has expanded so much but for some reason, the development team fail to ensure all features found in the OneNote desktop app is carried over to the Teams hub. Why can't all versions / access points for our Class OneNotes be consistent in functionality? For instance, staff are unable to lock a section within the Teams hub, instead they have to access the desktop app to do this. Surely, consistency in the product's functionality is not too much to ask? Teachers want to use MS Teams but not if they have to keep going backwards with the tools.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Synchronise Class Notebook name if Team name is changed

Allow better integration between Team name and Class Notebook name. If a Team name is currently changed, this does not automatically change the name of the Notebook and the link between the two is damaged, meaning assignments/grades, etc, do not work correctly. Implement a system whereby there is a natural link between the Team name and the Class Notebook (OneNote) file name.

Extend synchronisation to if a channel name is changed, for the corresponding sharepoint area.

At present, there is little synchronisation when anything is changed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Integrate ToDo/Planner with OneNote

If you look for example at Dropbox Paper, they did something great...You have the ingredients but they are not yet well interconnected. The idea is that you can define tasks (with checkboxes) in many different notebooks and pages, but they will be automatically scanned and referred in your ToDo list at a global level.
    The big problem with groups, channels and notebooks, is that, after a while, you won't find back important things to remember. With the cross-discovery of tasks/checkboxes in your notebooks and centralization of the global list, you will never forget something, even if it is hidden deep…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can you delay handouts being accessible to students?

When I publish handouts in a Classnote book, they instantly become available for students. Could you put an access or live button or something which you can activate once you've done teaching/discussions? It would stop students rushing a head. If I distribute the page (when I want them to see it) it can take a long time to load.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make sure my work stays in existence

I don't know just please fix this - it was properly synced and my teacher marked it but now it is gone. I don't know why.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Easier Connect to Student

It would be nice to click on the folder with the student's name in Class Notebook to send them a message rather than going to the chat and then having to go back in to Class Notebook and find where I left off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. OneNote 2016

Add ALL functions from OneNote 2016 to OneNote for Windows 10 or update OneNote 2016

I’ve tried using OneNote for Windows for a few weeks now and the functionality is terrible. Please would you add ALL the features of the 2016 edition to the latest one? And make it work? Features such as being able to insert a printout into a page from the doc on the page as well as in Class Notebooks distributing SUCCESSFULLY to students are just two of the features that I’m really missing. I’ve been told I should switch, but if it doesn’t work properly,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Edit Distributed page

Add option to edit a page that has been distributed so all students get the edit and we don't have to go into each student folder to make an edit or delete the page

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. auto update

Since each page is in a notebook comes from the original, it should update if I,
    - make changes
    - delete it
    without me having to go to each student's notebook and delete it. Especially if they haven't edited it yet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Better Apple Pencil and ink support in Class Notebook on Teams app.

I use the Class Notebook feature of OneNote every day. Our SIS is connected to Teams, so we can post grades and sync them to our SIS directly from teams. However, opening the Class Notebook on Teams is still a bit clunky. I would love to see things like drawing work as well in Teams as it does in OneNote, in particular with the Apple Pencil. Being able to navigate by touch and draw with the stylus is very helpful for me. I find myself using Teams much less for this because it is not as efficient in this way.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. remove tabs

For grades K-2 let us be able to remove tabs from the top that we do not use. ie class notebook and grades

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. provide a one click screenshot button

it is very difficult to take screenshot in laptop as when i take screenshot with windows icon plus print screen the pop up of controlling the video and audio comes out and it interrupts the image of screenshot and give us trouble to take notes after class

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base