Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Class Notebook - Backwards page distribution for new students

Backwards page distribution for new students!! Instead of having to distribute pages every time a new student is added, have the option to automatically distribute previously distributed pages to a new students' notebook!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Primary teachers are not happy with Teams due to lack of easy to read icons -they want features like Seesaw

It would be so beneficial to be able to change function words to icons so that young students who are emerging readers can independently use Teams. Teachers in our district want to use Seesaw. It has the same features but it easier for young students to use...at an extra cost.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a set of backgrounds for Class Notebook pages in Teams - lined, squared, grid, handwriting guidelines...

Add a set of backgrounds for Class Notebook pages - lined, squared, handwriting line guides... I know that some of this is available in OneNote, but they don't carry over when pages are opened in Teams.
    This is a real opportunity for MS to gain traction in primary schools and move teachers over from the software the currently use on their interactive panels (e.g. Smart Notebook and ActivPrimary).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Class Notebook should notify upon corrections.

I have a suggestion regarding the class notebook. As a student, it would be really beneficial if I could get a notification whenever a teacher corrects the work that I have put in the notebook.
    It gets very difficult to look through all the notebooks and all my work to look for a correction.
    Thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Indian Languages for Dictate tool

Indian Languages for Dictate tool

Microsoft always consider "inclusive" approach for their products and services. In Class Notebook currently one can use immersive reader to get translation of given page in most of the Indian languages.

Dictate tool reduces time and efforts of students as well as educators while creating their own content or taking notes. Speaking native languages and system converting that speech to text makes it is for every age group.

Requesting team to get this feature so that it can support millions of students, learners to learn & create using their native language. Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Tamil,…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Lock/make read-only an entire Class Notebook within Teams

If you do not want students to write in their class notebooks after a certain date, it seems like you need to lock individual pages (very time consuming for large classes).
    If you archive a Team it does not appear to archive the class notebook as students can still access the notebook via office.com.
    Please could you develop a way to lock a class notebook for the whole class within a Team?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I can not see class notebook in an Android phone

Class notebook should be seen on a mobile also

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. thumbnails of student work in class notebook

In ClassKick and Nearpod, the teacher can see an array of thumbnails of the students' work while they are working on it. I would like this option in the Class Notebook when I distribute an assignment. I'd like the ability to be able to watch the class as a whole with an array of thumbnails so I can click on one to see in more detail, or watch all as they work. This should be an option in "Review Student Work".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. H5P

Can we add embed code from H5P activities please?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lock individual student pages in OneNote

In OneNote for Windows 10 we can lock student pages but only if we distributed the page. In OneNote desktop we used to be able to lock individual student pages.
    We need this feature back. Students do homework in a OneNote page they create. Teachers will want to provide feedback and not have students edit the page after.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Share OneNote with more than one team

I would like to have a class notebook that can be be shared with multiple teams. My reasoning is that if I have created resources in the content section it would be great if this could be seen by all classes. Due to the size of my OneNote resources this is not possible at the moment so I am having to have all classes in one team with tags separating the groups.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. self marking assignments

ability to set self marking worksheets of link to teachermade (using apps)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option to send image to background in class notebook within Teams

It would be nice to have the option to send an image to the background when working with Class notebook from within Teams. Currently I need to open in app (desktop version) to get the option to set the image as background. When an image is not set to background, the students can deleted by accident or it moves on them as they are completing their work.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Viewing Student Work

How about creating a tile view of files, so that you can move from one student to another to check specific pieces of work? It would save time going into individual students and then the separate folders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Alerts for pages that have been edited in Class Notebook

I send pages via Assignments but pupils also update their own pages. Please make it possible to review all pages from all Class Notebooks across all Teams so that I can tick to have viewed and add comments but don't have to search for any updated work across multiple Teams and notebooks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sub-sections in ClassNotebook

Please can you look into setting up sub-sections for ClassNotebook to make it easier to manage student work?
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. get a

help me get a clas

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Integrate Onenote with Teams

In the Mobile app of Teams, you have to install Onenote also to view class notes instead it can all be in one app that is Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adding a class book to specific team channel

At first our school started with working with OneNote. So every teacher created his own class notebook. Now we have teams for every class. And every teacher has his own subject channel inside. Now we want to add the existing class book to the specific channel in a team.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base