Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Managing Student Preferences- DESELECT ALL BUTTON NEEDED

I am trying to make groups in the collaboration space of OneNote and only allow for certain students to be in each group. When I manage student preferences, ALL students are checked and there is no box to deselect all. I have to manually de-select all students. I have 10 groups, in 5 classes, with an average of 40 students in each class, so for each group, I have to deselect 36 students manually. PLEASE add an option to UNCHECK ALL.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When using cross notebook or indiv notebook it’s very frustrating to have to go into each students notebook to properly complete the distrib

Distribution should be one step. Once the activity says it’s distributed I shouldn’t have to click into each students notebook ( click new page) to them wait for the distributed page to appear. I then need to delete the New Page I created. Defeats the purpose of distribution in my opinion

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix a camera bug that doesn't let me use my camera's

You guys should maybe fix an issue that some laptop's and mobile's can use their camera. I just got blamed for a week in a row and teachers sent a message to my parents, about not being able to show my face. I tried it on 2 different laptops and my mobile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I need an additional subdivide folder.

The ability to add an extra tab when filing would be beneficial. Eg- in Class Notebook, I need to be able to file in at least 3 tabs, not only 2.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. stickers

I think we should be able to personalise the stickers permanently. E.g. what is already on the sticker isn't specific enough feedback for my students and I have to constantly amend it (e.g. to say "great quality notes on ____"), then the next week amend a sticker to say the same thing. I wish one note would remember my specific stickers that i have made in the past.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Great stuff. Two things I would like: 1. In Assignments I don't seem to be able to

1. Allow Insert Audio in Assignments that have been handed in. I use a Mac and this feature is not available in Assignments. (It is in work being done in student CNBs.)

2. In Private Channels there is no Notes tab. Please include one. This will make Private Channels better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. let us leave the team

khjhiouoijuyiugto768gt

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dynamic linking of Excel to a OneNote class notebook.

Provide the ability to dynamically link a worksheet or a range of cells from an Excel file to a student tab in an Class OneNote notebook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More training

Your beginner's guides are fine as far as getting us started, but how about some advanced training from teachers who actively use the notebook or OneNote?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make the notebook function on different channels NOT be collaborative and having the choice to use the "document library" instead.

Make the notebook function on different channels NOT be collaborative and having the choice to use the "document library" instead.

I want to post different files that link to the same lesson on one "note page".

When I do this it's on the collaborative section so students can change it and I do not want that. There should be an option to have the channel "one note" tab to be the document library section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Set up existing class notebook

Allow team owners to set up class notebook by selecting an existing class notebook rather than creating a new one.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. rename class notebook in teams

Rename a class notebook in Teams
    I would like to be able to rename a class notebook created by Teams.

This is because they all begin with "Notebook for..." ("Notatblokk for..." in my language region). This makes it very hard to distinguish a list of notebooks in the OneNote app.

A notebook can be renamed in Sharepoint, but this breaks the link between Teams and the notebook.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. subnote folder in teams class notebook setup

I would like to be able to create subfolders when creating a class notebook in teams, so that assignments and notes can be organized into chapters/units.
    I have created them in onenote after setting up the team notebook but can not select subfolders as a location for Teams assignments to be placed when they are completed. (I can choose them as a source for the assignment from the content library but not a destination for placing the finish assignment in student notebooks).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a quick access toolbar to onenote

OneNote 2016 has a quick access toolbar and I hope to see this feature on the OneNote desktop app soon. It's extremely useful for grabbing different pen colors, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Inking Bug when reviewing OneNote pages in Teams

I tried to leave this feedback through the "Report a Problem" option, but my rant is too long.

I'm reviewing my first student OneNote assignment through the Teams interface. Normally I grade only through OneNote, but I want to use the rubric feature Teams provides. At the same time I use the rubric, I still want to leave feedback through ink on a student's OneNote page. This can't be done without it being a cumbersome awkward process that no teacher wants do. Here's why

While in Teams, when I'm reviewing students' OneNote work through the Review interface, I'm looking at…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base