Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Oppgaver

Tror det hadde vert bedre som før

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a button to assign in the future that is more visible upfront

It's hard to find the assign in the future option - please move it to the front screen and it would also be helpful to have it be available even after you've written a draft assignment, not just at the beginning of the process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. be able to change which students get an assignment

Repeating assignments

The ability to assign tasks that repeat on a schedule. Ideally, we'd be able to exclude and edit task after it has been assigned.

Example: Every Monday second trimester, except MLK day, my students get a math problem solving assignment that is due that Friday. Or every day my students have to read 30 minutes, but sometimes something happens, so I cancel it for that day only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Assignment problem

I can t view the assignments or submit a work even if it is not late

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it so I can see when students turned in their assignments or typed in responses

Right now I can only see if students have turned in assignments in Teams. I would like to know when (the time and date) students turn in their work. This would help to see when students are working on their assignments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow students to submit non-office files (like c-code) for assignments

The title says it; any file type (or at least more coding file types) should be allowed so the students don't have to copy this manually into a Word document (which obviously won't run/compile).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can we also get an average for the student?

Thank you for the grade feature and exporting to excel!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unviewable Assignements

Teachers can create assignments that students won't see. For example, giving students credit for completing something in class that is not a formal assignment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. can you make assignements private once handed in

Is there a way to make an assignment private or unviewable once handed in? It would be really nice to be able to distribute tests and then mark them, but not have the students still be able to fully access the assignment after the due date. Also make assignments hand-in times down to 10min or so not 30.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make files solely editable by the teacher and the student who uploaded it

We run technical courses which have a number of different, small pieces of coursework which need to be worked on over a period of time before they are finally submitted and graded.

At present, if I ask students to upload these pieces of work to the files tab, we can work on them together, but all other students can also access that file and edit it.

Is there a way of either:
    Having files which exist in the files tab, which can be set so that only the teacher and the student who uploaded it can edit it.

Or

Have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have a built in file management within teams rather than sharepoint.

Add a feature that allow users to change file access permission within Teams even after the initial file/assignment creation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove task from assigned

In teams, assignments, I have 'drafts', 'assigned' and 'graded'. To remove a task from 'assigned', I either delete it or give feedback.

That is fine, but it doesn't work well if a task is set electronically, but not dealt with electronically. I.e. if a task is 'Hand in a poster' and the grading done offline.

I should be able to mark a task as completed, without deleting it, but have that task not fire blank feedback to each student (as this has been done by returning the marked paperwork).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be able to duplicate assignments from one team in another team of your choice

Create an option when you create a new assignment is also created in another team of your choice. This includes assignments, sharing Powerpoint presentations, links, ect. This way you only have to create something once in a team instead of having to create an assignment in each team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base