Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want the ability to choose to post a created assignment to any channel or NO channel at all.

After creating an assignment I currently have to pick a channel to post it too. I want the choice to not post to any channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teacher student in own classroom

There needs to be a way the teacher can demonstrate how to use Teams to the students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. two things

Two things, one i suggest making it so that the student and teacher can privately chat on an assignment. Second, i deffinetly beleive you should go back to being able to see all of your assignments at once instead of having to click the specific teams assignments you want to see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Instead of the Assignment Tab showing only the Teams (classes) show all the assignments instead of the teams

This will be much easier for students to navigate assignments, it will be better if instead of the teams (classes) are showing up, only assignments will be shown

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. change add resource into button

many people confuse, incluing myself that I am a teacher that now how this works, click the send assignment after they see the small link to add resource, because send is bigger an mor visual

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show active assignments

In the assignments section, there should be a list of all assignments that have not already been turned in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Set up quizzes and record answers

It would be good if quizzes with multiple choice answers could be set up in Teams and students' answers could be recorded for grading purposes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sync Teams Graded Assignments with ATLAS portal - Fresno Unified.

Same idea as the posting "Sync grading in teams assignements with eschool plus grading" but to the ATLAS portal. Eliminate extra steps and promote more teacher use of Teams with classrooms and students to turn in assignments more promptly because the updated grades will reflect on their student portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams Activity Library

A content library that you can choose from and assign it to your students. This way you are not creating your own curriculum!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow activities within an assignment to ordered

When I create an assignment, I often have different activities in that assignment. It would be super helpful to be able to simply sort the activities in the order that I want the students to do their work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please dont make assignments default to post immediately. My students are doing them before I teach them.

Instead of defaulting to post immediately, can we please have the option to choose when the assignment posts. I have already accidentally forgot to change it and students are doing work before I teach it.
    It is 4 clicks to change it from post immediately and I almost NEVER want an assignment to post immediately, since I am prepping after or outside of school hours.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hidden replies

My teacher likes to post a 'warm-up' question or an 'exit ticket', which usually consists of a question that relates to what we learned the day before or just learned in class. I don't see these as challenging because I can see the replies of other students giving me the answer.
    My proposition is to allow the teacher the ability to hide replies from students who haven't replied yet, after they reply then they can see what other students have written. This can also help with class votes, or voicing honest opinions other then feeling like part of a group…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add New features of Personal Comments

I think that MS teams should add new features under Assignment and that was Personal Comments/message.
    If this feature is available so students can add personal comments regarding their assignments to the faculty.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. display step for uploding file and error while uploading file on ms form on form given

it become difficult for students to upload file if they are aware of error and steps it would help them and reduce panic level

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. allowing 2 rubrics

Would like to be able to add more than one rubric to an assignment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. can you provide students with alarm during taking the exam to help in tracking the time left?

alarm being on the page of exam to help students tracking the time specified by teachers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. PDF

PDf's documents needs to be able to be assigned in Assignments not only notebook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base