Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Assignments list

can we have a list of all the assignments under the assignments tab? the week to view means students have to keep clicking right to see whats been set.

I don't want any excuses!

312 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your great feedback. Our product team is working to provide list view functionality . This will be coming soon in the next couple of months. Please stay tuned !!!

• Copy assignments to multiple classes

There should be a way to copy an assignment from one team to another. If a teacher has more than one section of a particular class, they would have the same assignments for each class, so it would only make sense to create it once, then copy to all classes. If small changes needed to be made later, they can always go in and edit on an as needed basis.

285 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your feedback. Our product team is working on this feature which will allow teachers to pick multiple classes and distribute it at once. This will be coming in soon in the next few months. Please stay tuned for more updates!!

• Integrate Assignments with calendar

It would be very useful for communication with parents to get a link of the dates assignments that they can add in their Phone Calendar (or Outlook calendar,...). Students also love to be able to see that on their phone home screen. No excuses...! ;)

When an assignment is created in a class, it only shows up in the assignment tab within that class. In Classroom when an assignment was created it also showed in the students’ calendars. This would be a great addition especially if students are in multiple classes they’ll be able to see all their assignments in…

224 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Assignment functions in Teams mobile app

I'm planning on using teams for classes the year. The phone app seems to be very limited. Is there a way to view assignments through the mobile app?

221 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Add ability for Parents/Gaurdians to view assignments, etc.

Can we get a parents' app to see when their child's teacher creates an assignment next please?

150 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Assignments sent to multiple classes at once

In Classroom you could create an assignment and check each class that it would post to at once. In Teams you currently have to recreate that assignment for each class. We need to be able to create the assignment once and send it to multiple classes.

146 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your feedback. Our product team is working on this feature which will allow teachers to pick multiple classes and distribute it at once. This will be coming in soon in the next few months. Please stay tuned for more updates!!

• Classes Assignments - Notifications and General Functionality

Great new feature added for class assignments. However, it is far from ready for public consumption.
                1. Students are not notified when they are given an assignment - this is very important!
                2. Teachers are not notified when a student 'hands in' an assignment - Also very important!
                3. Student does not get a notification when assignment is graded and feedback given.
                4. Cannot add the assignments tab to an existing team
                5. Cannot access Assignments on Mobile App
                6. Cannot modify whom to 'assign' assignment to - i.e. if you do not want to assign to whole class

So,…

140 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1. Create new assignment notification is coming really soon in the next few weeks. Student will get notified in the activity bell and will also ass an assignment card in the conversation stream where they will see the due date and a link to navigate to the assignment details.
                  2. Other 1on1 notifications will be coming in later but our product team is actively evaluating
                  3. Assignments on Mobile is being actively being worked upon and students will be able to view assignments on phone and turn in. They will also get notified on phone as well
                  4.Individual student assignments is in our roadmap too but it will is farther out.. Please create a new idea on Individual assignment and vote

Our product team is listening to all your feedback and we are actively making progress on these items.

• Same functionality as regular Class Notebook

I've set up several class notebooks through both onenote and now in teams. I can't see where I can have a teacher only area in the ones created through teams. Second area of concern is using the class notebook addin in onenote 2016 to edit notebooks created in teams. Lastly I set up a staff notebook in both apps to see the differences. I cannot see the different sections through the teams site on either (I linked my other staff notebook) notebook. So questions are these items still being added?

136 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback on this. We’re happy to announce that in the latest update teachers and staff will be able to access Class Notebook and Staff Notebook Settings from right within Teams. This update allows teachers and staff-leaders to manage notebook settings such as Teacher-Only section groups, adding new sections, and locking the Collaboration Space. Additionally, all Teams users will now be able to use Class and Staff Notebook in full screen view in Teams, which also allows the Class Notebook Toolbar to be used from within Teams. Lastly, Class and Staff Notebook now support Edit in Browser, so teachers and staff can quickly navigate to a fully immersive OneNote experience.

Coming Soon: In October, Teachers using Teams will be able to distribute OneNote pages for their class assignments and the Class Notebook addin will communicate with Teams to allow Teachers to push assignments and grades directly into…

• Just a Brown Hand

Hello, it's 2017. Teams needs to start supporting multiple skin colors in emoji. Why is the default for thumbs-up, shaking hands, and all other "realistic" emoji still white?

These little things matter, especially now that Teams is available in Office 365 Education tenants. Our young students deserve to see emoji that represent them. Slack is way ahead of Teams on inclusive design: https://medium.com/@uxdiogenes/just-a-brown-hand-313db35230c5

126 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for this suggestion. I routed it to Design — they are pretty swamped on some other key features — but they plan to review this and find a solution. Once they do, I’ll let you know what it is!

Sincerely,
                      Suphatra

• Bring the waffle menu into teams online experience

Every app in O365 should have the waffle menu visible (its the new 'start' button of the online experience so please make sure when you launch a new product/rebrand old ones it has the waffle for navigation.

119 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Make sure the "Leave this team" option is not available to students

Please make sure the "Leave this team" option is not available to students in relation to their membership of a class created by SDS.

111 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Different assessment grade/points formats

I have some course where assignments need to be recorded as Pass, Merit or Distinction (or fail!). It would be really helpful if we could customise the "grade" given to students as this isn't always a percentage or numerical score.

104 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Integrate OneNote into assignments

I'd like to be able to distribute a page into OneNote as an assignment,. Students should be able to complete the work within OneNote and mark it as submitted within onenote. I can then mark it within OneNote adding the score (to a side panel or equivalent). It feels like this new teams is not encouraging digital inking which for me is one of the major benefits of using OneNote.

97 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Make Teams for Education fully functional on iPads

We cannot use Teams for Education on an iPad. There is a Teams app for iPads, but it does not have assignments included. The main browsers on an iPad (Safari, Chrome or Firefox) do not support Teams, so we cannot use the browser version as well. Many students use iPads that cannot upgrade to iOS 10, so please make any improvements compatible with iOS 9 iPads.

93 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Dashboard rather than Conversation as the home page of each Team

Rather than see a conversation as the starting point of each Team, I'd like to see a dashboard. That is, recent conversation activity, Assessments due, calendar events, recent files, homework reminders etc ...

92 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability to prevent students from editing files

If Files is going to replace classroom then the owner of the team needs to be able to decide if a file can be edited or not. Some files i need my students to be able to edit for homework, others i do not want them to change so i should have an option which enables or disables edit function for members when i upload a file.

92 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ensure the ClassNotebook toolbar in OneNote works with Teams

Currently, it is not possible to use the toolbar to distribute pages/ sections, review student work etc, because it says the notebook needs mapping to a Classroom. There isn't an option for Teams on Connections. Also, when not connected, using Manage Notebooks does not give the ability to view/ change settings for any Notebooks that were created using Teams.

74 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Coming Soon! In October, Teachers using Teams will be able to distribute OneNote pages for their class assignments and the Class Notebook addin will communicate with Teams to allow Teachers to push assignments and grades directly into the Assignments within Teams.

We’ve just added some new features to make the Class Notebook integration with Teams even richer. Read more about the update here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Education-Blog/New-Microsoft-Teams-updates-in-Office-365-for-Education/ba-p/99668

• Gradebook/markbook for classes

There should be a markbook which automatically records results from assignments (when Classroom is migrated to Teams)

73 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Add a Sway

Add the possibilty to add Sways to a Team

64 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Incorporate "Take a Test" app into Teams

Add the functionality of "Take a Test" app into Teams by using Office 365 account. You can use Office 365 login to create a profile on the machine that only allows single application to run. The teacher could then assign a test to a class and would allow for student monitoring by the teacher thru the Office 365 connection.

62 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Schools and Universities

Feedback and Knowledge Base