Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reposition the control bar

allow the user to change the position of the control bar. It is positioned right where screen sharing occurs and you can't see the entire screen share

3,305 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

596 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add other Sharepoint document folders under Files

Please allow adding granular SharePoint document library subfolders to the Files tab. Currently, only the document library level can be added, not sub folders.

This allows adding content from related but separate SharePoint sites without having to provide the entire document library (which may contain irrelevant content to the Team)

3,265 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

398 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. annotation of PDFs

The ability to annotate PDFs, or at least open in a PDF reader that will, without having to download the file, annotate, and upload.

3,232 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

678 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for Airpods

I couldn't hear people talk nor could they hear me when I had my airpods connected to my device. Only happens with teams so I know the problem is not my airpods plus I have confirm with other coworkers who have the same thing happen.

3,223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

833 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Merge/consolidate channels

We changed the mind about the way we used some channels. We decided that some of the channels need to be merged. It would be nice to be able to do this without using history. We want history to be merged.

3,211 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

301 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This request is now being reviewed by the feature team! I’ll keep you posted as to the future decision.

-Warren

6. Please extend the Teams Mobile App to work with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

I'm often on the road and my company relies heavily on online meetings :-) So, we are starting to leverage Teams meetings more and more, so when I'm in my car I need an easy way to join meetings and maybe also read messages. While this is way easier now, than it was in SfB Mobile (thanks!) it would be awesome to have an Android Auto / Apple CarPlay Extension to have a somewhat easier and "nearly hands-free" user experience. This would make me much more productive, even if I'm traveling :-)

3,141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

248 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make "Follow this channel" the default setting.

Usual Microsoft lack of UI intuition.
    Channels should be followed by default with the user unfollowing it if they wish.

3,037 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

447 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add ability to print and/or export a wiki page.

Provide the ability to print and/or export (Word, PDF, etc.) a wiki page(s) that is created under a Team's channel page.

3,012 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

372 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This item is still on the backlog. I will continue to track this item and provide updates as soon as I get new updates.

-Warren

9. Allow Group Chats to be Converted into a Team Channel

There are times when people start a conversation as a chat with a few people, and the chat gathers momentum and eventually becomes a regular chat room. It would be great to be able to convert a private chat into a Team Channel. The way it could work is, if the members of the chat are all part of the same team, you have a function where you can select that team from a dropdown list, and "Convert to Team Channel". The private chat would become a permanent team, and all previous chat history would be retained in the newly…

3,009 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

438 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2,920 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

696 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unread message count on Chat, Teams, channels

Right now there is a unread message count badge on the Activity tab icon (I guess you only get that if you have followed any channels?). However I would much rather prefer if the badge was on the Chat and Teams tab icons so I can see where there is activity. Currently collapsed teams are also indicated having activity. Expanded teams should have the same indication.

Furthermore, the unread activity badge on both the Activity and the application icon count unread channels. I would prefer a message count.

2,900 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review by the feature team. I have no details as to when a decision might happen.

-Warren

12. Distribution Lists in Teams

In Skype for Business client I can add a Distribution List as a Contact Group.

Can we have this feature in Teams?

2,771 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

391 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Full Teams Client API including Call Control

Microsoft Teams should have completed Client APIs so that third party apps can be created to fill specific needs.

This API should allow call control of the Microsoft Teams application. Necessary call control features include:
    • dial/call
    • call answer
    • hang-up
    • hold/off hold
    • call transfer (all types: blind, consult, safe)
    • add participant
    • mute/unmute
    • park/unpark
    • call as a delegate
    Some general features include:
    • search contacts
    • get contact presence
    • get contact list folders/contacts
    • setup contact list folders/contacts
    • get/set my presence
    • get/set my note
    • get/set my delegates
    • get/set…

2,732 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

176 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notification for Planner Tasks

Planner and Teams just needs a notification - when a task has been created for an assigned user that user should receive a notification - currently we are doing a work around by starting a conversation with a mention of a member name
    thanks

2,659 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Guest registration for live events

We have trouble introducing the live events feature if not every attendee is known. A solution would be, that additionally to the live event option "organization wide (registration required)" potential external viewer could register for the event, similar to the "Guest" registration for a team. So we can invite internal and external users and ensure that every viewer is known with name and email.

2,622 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

267 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow multiple video/camera feeds at same time in Live events

With everyone moving to remote these days, it's important for our executive team to provide the same sort of all-staff meeting experience. We currently use 3rd-party tools and want to use Teams, but the Q&A is a cumbersome experience AND our executive cannot each individually show their camera at the same time live as they are answering the questions that come in through the Q&A.

This seems like a gimme sort of feature, but I can't find it anywhere.

2,611 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

166 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mass add users to a channel or team

Please add mass add users to a channel or team.
    Like we use on other Office 365 services. email@domain;email@domain and (if possible) @everyone something like that.
    I'm using and loving Microsoft Teams :-)
    Thanks a lot.

2,572 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

458 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2,480 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

328 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2,477 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

261 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback. We are continuously improving the clients to use less memory and RAM.

The upgrade to Electron 10 has rolled out fully to the public at this point. Telemetry and testing has shown that this is helping to improve memory performance on the client.

We will continue to work on improvements, and will share more updates as they become available.

For more details on how Teams currently uses memory, please visit https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-memory-usage-perf.

20. Colour categories in Calendar

It would be really useful for the Outlook colour categories to show in the Teams calendar. I rely heavily on these to make sense of my calendar with a large number of appointments and in the current release of calendar this will make me likely to still revert back to Outlook rather than use Teams for calendar management.

2,464 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

316 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base