How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow sending audio and video message

Allow users to send Audio and Video message just like WhatsApp and other messages tools.

260 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

Great news! We just started working on this for the AUDIO portion. We are still trying to determine feasibility for the video portion of your request.

-Suphatra

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today I updated Teams mobile app and this feature is added. However the receiver cannot play the message, even though his app version is newer than mine.
        Moreover, when me or receiver switches to rich client and try to replay voice message, it displays "unable to play audio message" error.

• rice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

audio message is so coooool function.
        but we need some option what allow/ block user audio message.
        we would not be search something in teams, and found old message.(Audio message unable to search )

• MAHD TAHBOUB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got feature on android mobile app but not on my desktop / pc. Was it launch on desktop too ?

Just got the feature, not sure if I am f1 or what that actually means.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

• Yeiner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can someone became a beta tester? I hear that f1 users already had the feature, when is going to be available to enterprise users?

Any update on when the voice feature will be available? Is there a way to become a beta tester?

• Angus W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

However, we also need an option to allow user block receiving Audio message

• Dustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see this is available for FirstLine (F1) Subscribers now. Any eta on when it will be available for Business Essentials license users?

What's app is not GDPR compliant, and this is the main remaining feature keeping us from switching.

• David Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to hear! Please post here when this feature becomes available on mobile, even if it's only a beta version of the app... I'd be willing to be a beta tester!

• Ben Senior commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. Typing can be much slower than speaking. Can't wait for this feature as it will save me using WhatsApp with my internal teams to communicate information so all the communication will be in one place.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base