How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add team wide reminders

We have weekly bot reminders currently on Slack and that would be a big advantage to getting our whole team moved over.

For example:
- Tuesdays at noon: Reminder - team meeting in 30 minutes
- Last Friday of month: Finish submitting hours
- etc....

1,047 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fonda LaShay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

71 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jill Holmes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this feature. Has become a necessary part of life. Now that our company is forcing us to use Teams, this feature is sorely lacking.

• Ben Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Slackbot reminders is a great feature; sorely missed in Microsoft Teams. Outlook calendar / Flow are NOT as good.

• Abi Cannons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the features that I'm really missing in Teams, trying to move my team across from Slack. I want to be able to set a recurring reminder for our team to fill out a spreadsheet before our weekly meeting. Right now we're still using Slack for this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Repeat comment :: Can we expand this beyond just team-wide reminders? One of my favorite Slack features is clicking on a message and using the "Remind me in X minutes/hours/tomorrow" option. Then those reminders would come from the bot. You can even just do something like /remind @me to do X at 3 pm and not have it related to any type of message or team. Very handy

Any updates on a 'Remind Me' Feature as in Slack? This by far is the biggest complaint I get about Teams is the lack of this feature. Big step backwards if moving from Slack. Surely this must come to the top of the pile of feature requests by now? How can you add 'Reactions' above core functionality.

• Sandeep Lohani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of the times members are active on teams instead of checking their emails or any other clients and this would be a great idea to have chat bots sending reminders on team.
    This should definitely be considered. Mr Sarver mentioned that as well.

• Sarver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This discussion just came up with our teams and I landed here after searching for the ability to create reminders in MS Teams. It looks like this has been under review for quite a while...looking for an update. It for sure is a necessary feature.

are there news and how long does it take to handle
    such
    important featuee
    requests? Can‘t believe that really this isn‘t available..
    Talking about AI and all but we can‘t even send regular scheduled
    email reminders to a team???? really, Microsoft????

• JonathanBevan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More than disappointed, feature still under review since August 2018 - that's 9 months ago. It's a no-brainer to get this added so what's taking so long? Maybe MS need to review their review process.

• Tom Long commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to add - to those saying use Flow, that's fine for you and I, but try getting a senior partner at a law firm to use Flow to automate the process of a bot sending a message and then tell me that's a viable solution to what should be a built in feature.

• Tom Long commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a core feature of Teams considering you're trying to take on Slack. Even if you called them 'scheduled messages' and had a bot pop in a message, that'd be fine.

• Tania commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature to MS teams.

This is the only thing we miss from Slack (everything else seems to work fine)

• David Cox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature! We're switching from Slack to Teams and it's a critical part of my workflow.

• Clark Walliser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are currently using Slack and considering moving to Teams. Being able to click on a message and port it to MS To Do, or Outlook Task, or other would help drive the decision

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.