61 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this under review? This is the entire reason theres a notifications system in windows 10. If people need to control how, when, and what sends notifications its much nicer to do it from a central system in windows rather than per app. Theres no reason teams should be using its own notifications instead of the native ones, especially with the plans for continuity stuff in upcoming versions of windows.

• Ssssss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I already ignore the Win10 notifications because too many apps spam them with 'look at me - I think I'm important', so this would be a significant backward step.

• DG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Look att how Slack does it, and then do just that!

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can Teams notifications just use the standard system notifications in Windows 10 so that integrate into Action Center and behave like other notifications. It's strange that a modern Microsoft app doesn't do this from day 1.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not integrated from day one? Windows has a notification center for a reason. Please add this to ensure a consistent user experience.

• Tristan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I voted for this, but I have to say I do still like the current notifications. I'm torn - if you can pull it off just as nicely with the Win10 notification center, do it!

• Sim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am worried that you guys would make me turn off notifications altogether

• James Pain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agreed that notifications need to be in the Windows 10 Notification Centre.
    Would also need message previews in the notifications too, while you're at it.

• eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current notifications are a pop up window that exists as part of the teams app, rather than being part of windows. this leads to some goofy functionality where the notification shows up in the window list e.g. it is an alt tab target.

There are other weird things too like sometimes it isn't a tap target when using a touch screen.

Even without the wonkiness, the windows 10 notification center was added specifically to unify this kind of thing into one place because its a much better experience.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such an obvious one for me. Why do all my notifications go via the Windows 10 notification centre apart from Teams which has it's own annoying pop-up which doesn't obey the same rules.

• Jason Tenpenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm kind of curious why the product wasn't set up to work with OS notification systems to begin with. Seems counter-productive to develop your own independent notification system.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you do this (and I'm not sure that you should), don't do like Slack did. All the notifications stay in the notification centre even after actually reading the messages in the app, so you end up with stale notifications polluting the notification centre. With Teams, even though I don't have a history of the notifications, I have a flashing orange icon in the taskbar and a count of messages, which is really all I need to get me to open the app. Be sure to keep these.

• Stephen Just commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please also ensure that notifications honor Windows 10's presentation-mode notification hiding policy. It's quite embarrassing for notifications to pop up while in the middle of a presentation to hundreds of people.

• linebacker data commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also make sure the mobile notifications work, right now I get the Teams notifications from my Phone on Windows 10 but when I click on them it just acts like a clicked my mouse in the search box on the taskbar instead of opening them in the desktop app

• CYS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very good news to know that it is being in your plan now. Thanks!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding support for the Win 10 notifications, per my request for macOS notification support too. Use what's provided, don't reinvent the wheel.

• Fredrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Please use the built in Notifications in MacOS and not the custom built one currently use. I guess the same thing goes for Windows.
    While you are at it please make use of the Badge feature in MacOS to show the number of unread things. (like is done in the iOS Teams app)

• Kaylin Norman-Slack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Came here to say this. With the current banners, it's easy to miss them (possibly due to their size relative to any other programs that one might have open). Having the Action/Notification bar update with them occasionally if they haven't been check might make it easier for team mates who don't see the posts immediately. I know for myself personally due to the notification bars it occasionally sends to my main screen, I'm much more likely to check there than in my system tray.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.