How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Use built in notifications for macOS

Notifications built into the OS (which all apps I've seen use other than Outlook and now Teams) are more functional and allow for more user control. Most importantly, they honor Do Not Disturb settings, which is critical.

2,047 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sergi Isasi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

228 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, this is essential, pls fast track. It's THE reason we're still using Slack. We can't rely on Teams for effective communication as you constantly miss things. I can't see notifications when full screen and in another application.

• James Layton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact it currently doesn't observe the Mac do not disturb is really disturbing (pun intended). People send me salary information, personnel details, etc and it's a risk when I hook up a screen. I have to exit Teams to manage it currently, which is not a solution.

Please make this happen! The existing notification window is to easily minimized and the only reason I don't miss meetings is my synched Apple Calendar will pop up its notifications instead, and those ones don't go away.

• Jason Tenpenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on guys. This can't be that hard to implement. The notification system is already built by Apple, you just have to plug into it. This functionality is desperately needed. I miss lots of notifications because I've got something displaying full screen or because there's a different notification in front. It's very frustrating for both me and the people waiting on my response.

Its complete insanity that this still isnt done. With MS recently indicating that SfB and Teams have now reached 'parity' - I thought this would have been fixed. What a mess.

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need notifications to be consistent with other mac notifications so I can use Do Not Disturb mode and stop private conversation messages from popping up during screen share calls

• Colin Cornaby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very frustrating that Teams on Mac does not use the built in notifications. It doesn't honor my settings, or flow with my other notifications.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The purpose of a messaging client is to notify me when someone sends me a message. Currently Teams fails to do this OFTEN. This is the primary reason as I am a regular fullscreen apps user.

• Sergey Fedotov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had an issue where notifications don't show up at all for open chats while app is running in the background - hope this gets fixed with this one as well!

• Nojan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ouch, had an embarrassing moment in a meeting today. System's do not disturb should be honored. It makes the product (Teams) look unprofessional.

• Stuart Fenton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also - notifications from Teams do not work if you have another app in full-screen mode. they only work when not in full screen. Skype works because it uses the standard mac notifications....

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.