How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Use built in notifications for macOS

Notifications built into the OS (which all apps I've seen use other than Outlook and now Teams) are more functional and allow for more user control. Most importantly, they honor Do Not Disturb settings, which is critical.

2,028 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sergi Isasi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

227 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matt C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope this native notification support will enable me to adjust what triggers the badge icon (red dot with number in it) in the dock. As it is, I get the badge icon for EVERY little thing in my activity, which is extremely distracting. I'd prefer it only have a badge icon for direct chats and @mentions of myself. Thank you

• Chris McQueen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just installed Outlook on MacOS for the first time in 8 years. Glad to see this is in testing. Disabling the Outlook notifications was the first search I did on this new work Mac. Thank you for listening to your customers and making notifications work for us!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should also be able to not display the content of the message. This is really bad as sometimes it pops up wiht something confidential and other person is looking at your screen. For outlook it is possible just to have a little icon appear - why not do the same for Teams?

The current notifications for Teams do not work when you are using a full screen app on MacOS. I use ALL of my apps full screen, so I NEVER get notifications. For a tool whose only purpose is to facilitate communication this is really quite terrible.

• Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use the built-in Notifications on macOS, please.
    Not being able to control Teams notifications via system preferences is a real pain.

• JC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you provide an update as this has "been being actively worked on" for almost a year now? Seems like sa relatively simple update as the frame work of the Notification Center is already provided to you in the base OS. Thank you.

• Christoffer Engström commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I should not have to go in to teams and change status everytime I'm holding a presentation. Switch to native notifications!

• francesco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Getting Teams notifications during a presentation is really annoying. Please fix this!

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not just "Do not disturb". Actually, when there is an incoming call, the alert/notification is not even visible because it is buried below active native MacOS notifications. I can't even accept the call!

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So there was a 2018, it was a year, the last year. No updates. No improvements. 10/10 Microsoft

• SarangK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need a bounce option when dock is auto hidden. Missing too many chat message otherwise.

• Josh Quist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is there no update for this?

Displaying private chat messages during meetings or presentations is an obvious privacy/professionalism concern. Over 10 developers I work with deal with this issue on a daily basis. Some have disabled banner notifications completely, which makes availability suffer.

• Paul Pearce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over two years since this was logged, nearly a year that it has been being "actively [..] worked upon" but there are no details?

• Big Hairy Geoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't see the sense of using this app instead of emails as you don't get a notification when anyone posts anything. Why did you make it?

• Gary Gerbil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds great, I love how much Microsoft cares for its users! I love how quickly this request was developed and released! I feel I can now live life to the fullest with this new feature!

Another classic Microsoft shrug-off! Cheers guys xxxx

• Nick keers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any news on this? The notifications on MacOS are absolutely terrible. There are no ways to turn off notifications apart from muting a channel either

I'm so used to notifications in mac os that I often do not notice new messages in MS Teams app if sound is off. This is a must have for mac os x...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.