How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Use built in notifications for macOS

Notifications built into the OS (which all apps I've seen use other than Outlook and now Teams) are more functional and allow for more user control. Most importantly, they honor Do Not Disturb settings, which is critical.

1,963 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sergi Isasi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

219 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adam Kovanis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is what I miss most about using Slack. Either notifications are on or they are off. When I’m not in a meeting I want to see notifications but in a meeting I don’t want clients to see the pop-ups when sharing my screen

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to get an update on this. We have recently gone live with PSTN Voice calls in Teams and users using Full Screen mode on MacOS don't get any notification or method of picking up calls, so this is pretty major to us.

• Devran Uenal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this still not fixed? It's been almost 3 years since this was posted here!
    I'm pretty sure, that no one who's working on Microsoft Teams is actually using a Mac.
    Otherwise this would bother a developer so much, that he would fix it!

Teams notifications pop up even if "DO NOT DISTURB" is enabled. And the most annoying thing is that notifications pop up underneath the system notifications.
    It's crazy how long you keep people waiting.

• Brandon Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like an update on this. I’ve been doing a lot of presentations lately and closing Teams just for a presentation is annoying. Not to mention when you forget to close Teams and the group chat your in blows up. How professional that is to stop a presentation to close Teams. Isn’t that what do not disturb is for?

• Ryan Lutgen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on when this will roll out? The company I am at is in the process of migrating from Hipchat to Teams, and the notifications as they stand now are inconsistent, do not show for fullscreen apps, and don't respect OSX Do Not Disturb mode.

• Milly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, Paul Bowden's team is great at working with the MacAdmins community. Perhaps you should check out the feedback in that channel there :)

• WB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just started using Teams yesterday on a Mac. Straight away I've been missing messages as I assumed it would integrate with the native Notifications. Looking forward to the update.

• Justin Fincher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be super handy. Not only just because it is nice to have notifications unified, but when I command+tab to switch apps then do the same to switch back to Teams, it seems to always make the hidden "notification" window the active window so I can't start typing until I click on the Teams window. Kinda defeats the purpose of using command+tab in the first place!

• Matt C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope this native notification support will enable me to adjust what triggers the badge icon (red dot with number in it) in the dock. As it is, I get the badge icon for EVERY little thing in my activity, which is extremely distracting. I'd prefer it only have a badge icon for direct chats and @mentions of myself. Thank you

• Chris McQueen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just installed Outlook on MacOS for the first time in 8 years. Glad to see this is in testing. Disabling the Outlook notifications was the first search I did on this new work Mac. Thank you for listening to your customers and making notifications work for us!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should also be able to not display the content of the message. This is really bad as sometimes it pops up wiht something confidential and other person is looking at your screen. For outlook it is possible just to have a little icon appear - why not do the same for Teams?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current notifications for Teams do not work when you are using a full screen app on MacOS. I use ALL of my apps full screen, so I NEVER get notifications. For a tool whose only purpose is to facilitate communication this is really quite terrible.

• Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use the built-in Notifications on macOS, please.
    Not being able to control Teams notifications via system preferences is a real pain.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base