How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Scalable UI (zoom feature)

It would be great to have the Teams desktop app UI to be manually scalable. The default scaling should be set based on the system settings for scaling, but the UI should be scalable independent of this.

(should I mention Slack allows zoom in/out with Ctrl+ + and Ctrl+- key combinations and Ctrl+0 restores default setting)

I find the desktop UI too small for my eyes. I do have scaling enabled on my Windows computer, and other apps and programs work well, but the Teams client bothers me being too small.

351 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lenard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

80 comments

Comments are closed
  • Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just allowing change of resolution on the App generally would be good, it's blurry compared to the browser version.

• Jetto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Within Teams on the Planner Page allow for Zooming of the planner. I.e. equivalent to Control + - or Control + + in a browser.

• Orla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can't zoom in and out on the desktop app, you can only change the font size for your own messages which isn't very useful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As we begin to use Teams for project planning, it is being displayed on meeting room screens and the default display of content is often too small.

While embedded PDF files can be zoomed, embedded OneNote information cannot - please add options for this as we are currently stuck with changing the default resolution for the display.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also should be controlled by holding down CTRL, and using the scroll wheel on the mouse. (could pull some people from the Visual Studio team to fix up the user experience in Teams)

• MNS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Second on my and my students' wish list. This came out of the pilot that I conducted last year. I wrote down:
    PDF tab should have horizontal scroll bar + hand to move. Otherwise useless...
    Please MS Teams, I know you can do it!
    Thanks!

Yes, please implement zooming (CTRL+ScrollWheel, CTRL+/-). It's very hard to read on a high DPI monitor with default scaling.

• SeaSharp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Text is too small. Can't zoom in to blow up text nor adjust the size of the text within teams. Really hard to read. Lots of wasted space on the sides within the conversation view on larger monitors.

Out of habit I keep trying to use Ctl + scroll wheel on the mouse to resize everything in the Teams Windows application. Works everywhere else! (E.g. Word, Excel, Visual Studio, and every browser known to humankind.) It would be really nice if it worked in Teams too. Both chat and the Wiki tab could use this treatment.

• Jameson Abel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like you can scroll up/down once you've zoomed in using the vertical scroll bar on the right, however, the UI never provides a horizontal scroll bar to navigate left to right or vice-versa. So if you have to zoom in to view anything closer you better hope it's in the center of the document otherwise you're only option is to download the document in order to view it in its entirety.

• Jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to fit several applications onto 2 screens for my work, and it'd be nice to be able to scale the interface down a little bit

• Lei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On my machine, the latest version 1.0.00.13152 (64-bit), updated on 5/12/17 fixed the issue. Ctrl + and - is still nice to have. But at least I can continue using Team without feeling too bad now.

• Mark Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here, teams font is now way to big, the amount I get on screen is significantly less - No issues with any other application. I use teams daily and currently have over 20 active teams, this is extremely annoying and affecting productivity

• Lei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have same problem as Scott. Suddenly everything is much bigger this week, which makes Team window client not useful at all. Looking at the ugly big font discourages me from keep using Team.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mine just changed today so everything is much bigger, but I want to change it back. It's too big for my setup. Is this a setting somewhere that I can revert?

• adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams needs to adhere to the system dpi scaling in settings and doesn't

• Luke Sipple commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes... the UI needs some attention. I have a 1440 display and when I'm in a channel the actual chat is all wrapped to use about 1/3 of the available space.

Feedback and Knowledge Base