How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Multi-window for chats and more

I want to have separate top-level windows for each person I'm chatting with, rather than tabs.

3,433 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeffrey Tippet shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

411 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • L White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to have multiple team/tabs open. For example, I want to have a Planner App tab open at the same time as Meetings and Chats in separate windows so that I can arrange the windows as needed. This is similar to have two windows of a Word document or Excel spreadsheet.

• Brandy Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you have an ETA for when this feature will be added? Its a challenge not being able to have multiple chat windows open. Especially during a call! Thank you!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm glad you're working to add this feature. Being able to pop out chats is a key feature in a busy, interactive work group!

Teams is just a complete redefinition of messaging app. ****** redefinition I must add.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really think this needs a higher priority. Having to leave a shared file to chat is like going back to the 1990 single task version of windows.... if not resolved soon, i would prefer to go back to Skype.

• Matt Schneiderman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree should be an optional feature, the nice thing about a pop up is that you can leave it up until the message issue is resolved, rather than in the current form where you click on it then get distracted by another matter and then can forget about it

• Lisa R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this is implemented, it should be a user-selectable option. I absolutely hated having to switch between a dozen different windows in Skype (my current Skype installation has collapsed all of those windows into a single window where you switch between conversations along a left-hand navigation bar, and I considered this to be a great UX improvement).

unbelievable how MS destroy one of the best software there was. BRING BACK MY OLD SKYPE *******

Need the ability to conduct multiple chats (sub conversations) while sharing screens.

• Ashley Price commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our whole company moved from Skype to Teams chat and we desperately miss our ability to pop chats out and use different windows. Please add this soon!

• Nikos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

split chat is VITAL - please bring it back also to windows 7 users.
        i am usually speaking with 20-30 people at the same time for work.
        its impossible to work with the single interface - it is too annoying and creates mistakes.
        please bring this feature back.
        today my classic skype stopped working too - why microsoft, why?

We need to be able to pop out the chat so that we can chat to co-workers and keep working at the same time

• MrMan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 @ sean

I really hope this does not become planned after 2 years like compact mode. It is the last thread of hope I have for teams, if this goes, nail goes into coffin for my business. It is something that I have tried for 5 years to get slack to do...so its possible its something Microsoft can boast about. What walk and chew gum...slack cannot do that.

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"It has been three months since the last update, so checking in here to let you know this is still being actively worked on."

Forgive us, but this is what was said about Compact Mode. And Linux support. And many other features. We need to see evidence of progress.

• Bruno Mesquita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on!!!!! The functionality exist in the previous version, please copy and past!!! Terrible update without separate chats.

• Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely looking forward to this feature. Especially if it lets us keep chat active while working within tabs (or even multiple tabs too!)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base