How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Multi-window for chats and more

I want to have separate top-level windows for each person I'm chatting with, rather than tabs.

4,924 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeffrey Tippet shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

It has been three months since the last update, so checking in here to let you know this is still being actively worked on. I really appreciate your patience as we work on this.

I hope you’re all enjoying the holidays, and have a very Happy New Year!

Thanks,
    Suphatra

538 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why this wouldn't be a standard feature; please roll it out ASAP!

• Jessica S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would absolutely love to break out the Video Meeting window from the standard chat window - I hope this feature is rolled out soon.

100% concur - would like the ability to chat outside video conversations, separate from a video conversation as well as while in multiple chat conversations.

• Salvatore Venezia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do we have any update on this? My entire organisation is going through this transition to MS teams as skype for business is being removed. It is very difficult to support a change like this for a business when the new offering doesn't meet some of the basic requirements, change adoption is hard enough. Any update or when this is in the timeline would be superb

• Mel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will this include separate windows for meetings? That would really help us during meetings.

• Kevin Sitton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Heck ya. Need to be able to pop-out my chats. That was really really useful for me with Skype for Biz. Miss it, MISS it with Teams.

This is stopping our migration away from gotomeeting to Teams when will this be implemented?

• Sri Bala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are live and many users have requested this feature. Can Microsoft give us an official Eta. This is not on the O365 roadmap, so is it really in the works? I'm seriously doubting....

• Sean Lakusta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would also love to hear an update on this. Echoing what's below, the lack of multiple windows has been a major complaint from our users.

Sadly, we seem to be going backwards on this request. The latest update seems to have forced screenshare sessions into the same window as the main client. Can't find a way to get the screenshare onto it's own window :(

I am working on rolling out teams to a large department of users and this is the number one complaint from folks at all levels. Please make this possible!

I support this as well as we should have tab version for all apps. if I am accessing any file and at the same time if I go to other teams or channel then file closed rather move to tab. So tab version of team is really required.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27

Feedback and Knowledge Base