Chris Evans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

383 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul Munz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the biggest weaknesses of teams is either the lack of notifications, and that they are way to subtle, default should be a 'boom - in your face' with options to tone down as required. Another idea could be to give the 'poster' of chat different 'post' options that determine the level of notification.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We used asana before and teams/planner is way behind. I want to be able to create a task, assign it to someone, also stiplulate some followers to that task, and then get notifications of any updates or comments to that task. This would apply whether the task was in several different channels. My teams run hundreds of tasks on my behalf and I need a reliable news feed that gives me visibility on updates and reassurance that things are being done. I don't want to worry about stuff happening and have to search for tasks to see if they are progressing.

• Eng Kian, Oei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

additionally, please also allow what kind sound customization as well on different channels. right now the Teams app on ios notification whimpers as compared to my whatsapp or line notification...

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do we have an update on additional notifications for the teams section. I understand if someone posts @ and a name it does flash but my team is using teams as a way to post a request to a group of people and then waiting on a response. we need to have a way to have an alert pop up for specific people or a turn on and off feature.

Thanks

• Mark Wonsil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Missing Team chats that I never missed with Business Skype. I prefer Teams over Skype but my "team" communicates less with the Teams Chat. Looking forward to this improvement - especially with the sun-setting of Business Skype.

• Michael Saulters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is it so hard to have the channel name highlighted when there are new messages? I had a coworker post in a channel that I've favorited... the only notification I got was a little red '1' over the activity bell. No indication what team that was in. No indication what channel that was in. HIGHLIGHT THE CHANNEL AND TEAM THAT HAS NEW MESSAGES! Guys, this is practically unusable in an environment where people depend on me seeing messages. I can't do my job if I don't know people are trying to communicate with me.

• Michael Saulters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The entire notifications behavior of Teams needs improvement. I missed an entire day of notices yesterday for one team, in spite of the fact I was actually using Teams for chat all day long. I could not see ANY indication of new messages in that team channel. I did not see ANY of the messages until I opened the channel this morning. Going from Slack to this feels like my ankles have been tied together and I've been blindfolded.

• Tracy Alers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish you could make certain Channels opt-in instead of someone in a niche Channel using an @channel and everyone in the Team gets pinged

• Peter Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having different notification frequencies for different teams is a must-have improvement. For some Teams once a week is frequent enough for others immediate or once an hour is necessary.

• Alyssa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have feature for me. There is no way to turn off pop-ups entirely and I would love the feature to mute some teams and prioritize others.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to see the option of setting notification for a channel to email notification.
    This could be a default setting for the entire group, per channel or for all team members. However, a team member would change it to email or app or both (can have multiple devices).

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.