Chris Evans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

385 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By far the worst/dumbest thing about teams is that you're not automatically subscribed to desktop/push notifications for a "Team" that you're on. You have to click the ellipses and go to "follow this channel". Every channel you're added to should be follow by default with the option to unfollow. Just like when someone starts a groupchat in the chat section. This basic oversight causes so many stupid little headaches at my company and I'm sure for many others

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gotta chime in here. Chat is useless without proper notification which should include an optional chime (or some sound).

• Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of my users complain about missing chats and mentions because the notification isn't well designed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great app, however we can't use it unless we have a robust mobile and desktop notifications feature.

• Jeffrey Coppola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the notifications are a little lacking. They don't stay up for very long. I would like to see notifications for everything, not just @mentions. The notifications also seem to be a little inconsistent.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be possible to disable the tray notifications like it is possible in outlook, hipchat etc.

• T-Rex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually have the opposite problem. If i miss it, and it goes away, whenever i come back out of sleep, the window shows up and then never goes away unless i kill Teams

• Justin G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish we could have an option to keep the toast message up until acknowledged, or at least a longer duration. People seem to always miss messages as they step away from their machine for a minute and in that time the toast message appears and disappears.

• Laura Albany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there is a thumbs up option beside comments made in teams conversations. Would be nice to have a thumbs down option too.

• Teamy McTeamface commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to disable the Toast notifications and keep the flashing Taskbar (like Skype for Business behaves), but my current options are all or nothing.

I use multiple monitors - my Teams window is almost never in focus, and if several messages appear in succession it covers the corner of my window.

But if I disable these, I get NO heads-up that a message has appeared.

Instead of "two types of notifications or zero", I'd like to be able to select just one.

• Mitchell Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to keep the banner notification on your screen longer than 5 seconds? If you're not looking at your screen, you won't see that there is a new message. Also (or instead), is there a way to have have the program icon in the system try blink until the message is read? We are all missing messages because of the lack of notifications.

• SH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Teams user here. Can't believe how bad the notification options are on Desktop and iOS app.

• Anton O'Callaghan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On macOS notifications should be tied into the OS notifications. If I put my Mac into "Do not Disturb" mode when in a meeting or presenting - Team notifications ignores this.

• Meghan Kehoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see an option for "Email" notification only, instead of "Banner and Email." I don't like the Banner notification, but would like to receive an Email notification only.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.