Chris Evans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

383 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tim D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are considering the switch from slack to teams. We are currently using a slack channel to post messages regarding our production activity. When the message is posted to the slack channel, the entire message appears in the pop-up notification. We find this to be invaluable b/c we can see at a glance what is going on without having to go into the channel and view the message. Most of the message strings are under 200 characters. Teams does not appear to have this same capability. It just indicates that you have a new message and the channel in which it appears. The you have to go into the channel to see the message. HATES IT!

• Alana D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find the notifications to be distracting - is there a way to have the notifications pop up at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen without displaying the text of the message?

• Robert Bingaman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also like to see a private pop-up notification made available. Our team is slowly adopting teams, but the message notification displays the entire message in the pop-up notification which could be displaying sensitive information when using a projector.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be a sound notification and a very visible pop up, similar to Skype. Can't tell you how many messages are missed in my organization. For people that aren't used to instant messaging, it's highly important a very apparent notification pops up and makes noise.

• LisaLisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, notifications for both S4B and Teams needs to greatly enhanced. Lot's of missed messages (IM's by nature should be much more responsive) The old on-premise, OCS and Lync clients had great notifications!

• Steve Bender commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It needs the option to pop the chat window on top of everything else on your desktop so you do not miss that someone just messaged you.

• Christine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only thing keeping me from moving all of my departments over to teams from Slack... ETA??

Surely MS would have worked this out by now. Something as simple as a notification badge for Teams, much like they have for Chat cannot be that hard to implement. Something better than just bolding the Team/Channel?

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like you can now get notifications of comments made on Planner tasks in the 'Groups' section on outlook?

• Maarten Donderwinkel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in slack, you can @channel or @here to force a pop up notification to everyone. it tells everyone that what you are posting is important and to please read. we need that in teams. the standard follow and favorite don't do enough.

Well the @team or @channel is already possible to notify everyone in the team or channel, which will send a notification

I'm trying to switch my small admin team to using Teams over Slack, unfortunately the fact that there is no notification in the toolbar to show when you missed a notification means that a lot of things are just missed.

• cesar de la garza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in slack, you can @channel or @here to force a pop up notification to everyone. it tells everyone that what you are posting is important and to please read. we need that in teams. the standard follow and favorite don't do enough.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to use a Channel email address as a service support/request submission center (so that service requests can be sent to that email address and all team members on that Channel can automatically receive an email update). I am 'following' the Channel and my notification setting for 'Followed channels' is set to 'Banner and email', yet I still receive no email notifications. How do I fix this please?

• Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By far the worst/dumbest thing about teams is that you're not automatically subscribed to desktop/push notifications for a "Team" that you're on. You have to click the ellipses and go to "follow this channel". Every channel you're added to should be follow by default with the option to unfollow. Just like when someone starts a groupchat in the chat section. This basic oversight causes so many stupid little headaches at my company and I'm sure for many others

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gotta chime in here. Chat is useless without proper notification which should include an optional chime (or some sound).

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.