Chris Evans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

385 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include a way to disable the "John Smith is out of office and may not respond" or modify how many times you see it. It gets very annoying in a chat when someone is on vacation.

• Mark Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote for this, ideally with a notification tray icon hint. Slack at least offers the blue dot. Quite often you don't realise that something has gone on within the Teams unless you hunt it out

• Paul Stephenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need a way to get notifications for our Plannar Messages within teams. Most of the time when someone messages on a plannar task it is completely lost since it doesn't show up as a message within teams.

I raised a ticket to MS today because user complain they miss all their messages. On the regular chat tab in Teams we see number of unread messages in red so something just like that, would do. Otherwise, it's a bit useless without knowing if you have a message.

• Alex Tran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I presently miss most messages sent to me on teams. It would be a great help to have the on the task bar blink much like skype does when there is a new alert or message to that has not yet been cleared.

• TB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

99% of our company misses ALL notifications.. Step away for 20 seconds and the alert fades away. Need options to be able to turn on/off persistent alert windows that doesn't go away until dismissed. We won't be using it until this is an option as it's pretty useless without it in our environment.

Agree, need to have the option to change the display of chat notification pop-ups. Need to allow for privacy of messages, so that the actual message does not display (only person messaging you).

• Joey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I should be able to disabled chim, toast, email notifications for any channel, not just generally.

• Diana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a feature to customize or upload custom sound file for notifications and the volume level of those notifications. I want Teams to PUNCH me when any message is received. Followed channel or not.

Thank you all for your efforts!

• Cheech Sorilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We moved from IBM SameTime which had a persistent pop-up, i.e., chat window opened on the top layer of windows - no way to miss it b/c you had to choose to ignore.

It would be great to have this same feature integrated with the option of turning on/off for specific people, Teams, channels, etc.

• Nicole Englert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss so many notifications in my Teams messages because there is no alert or notification telling me there is a new message. Terrible set up. Please fix this

I think its quite an important part of any communication application within a company or even personal communication applications to actually notify the user when there is a message.

The fact that you have very little indication that there is a new message in a team channel is crazy. IM is fine as you get a little red number next to the chat icon. Teams should do the same thing for general messages and not just with the @mention messages.

Not sure who thought this was a good idea really and I know as we move over to teams we will be getting a lot of users complaining about this as they will be missing vital information posted to team channels.

Please Microsoft fix the message alerting in teams.

Yes still have a need for this feature. Some things in teams are very time sensitive and would like to be able to set alert, so we know it is the important channel and not just general info.

• Jake Swantz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since migrating from Skype for Business to Teams I've had several people ask me to go back to Skype to contact them instead because they did not see the IM notification from Teams when I contacted them until hours later, if ever - even when they're available and at their computer. Default notification options similar to Skype for Business would be helpful for people transitioning ahead of that product's retirement.

• Levi Johansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been unable to find a way to disable email notification for my own comments in Planner. I want notification for all comments, just not my own comments.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you receive a new message the chat window should pop over all other windows (similar to Skype). I miss a lot of messages from people because the notifications are so bad.

There are too many messages flying around, and take it from a Slack user that we miss things, so please help users to filter the volumes of messages flying around.

Picture this...we're a virtual company with all remote workers, so when we have a conversation we type it in a channel or a "water cooler" channel to catch up. Messages blow through at 10,000 per day in a 200 person company. Need a better way to notify/filter/prioritize

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/36539677-prioritize-my-engagement-using-ai

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.