Chris Evans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

385 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When an individual sends an initial message to their Team, the other members see the message. However, they do not receive notifications for new messages. You only receive notifications if an individual replies to your message.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We currently use an external program called Office Chat as it has pop up notifications and flashing for team chats. this is essential so happy you have it planned.

• Botz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Missing notifications constantly. Slack notifications on desktop, mobile, and watch make sure I don't miss a message.

• Bess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with all the comments here, I am constantly missing conversations and messages in Teams because there is no sound or push notification to alert me when I'm not tagged in a conversation. Major downside compared to Slack, where both desktop and mobile app make sure I don't miss a message but also allow a level of customization on notifications by channel if some are lesser priority / critical to the working day.

• Saju Nair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to set/reset "flags" on members in the team. This would help to allocate Action Items to a member, and for him/her to be able to reset the flag, once the activity is completed..

Need notification in a channel even if we are not mentioned you alway if the option to unsubscribe from getting notifications from a particular channel or team

• Dustin Mackie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the ability to setup email notifications. Most of our organization logs on infrequently and I'd like to have the ability to notify them via email, when a group is tagged. Need more options here for sure.

• Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For us macOS users, it'd also be a fine time to actually start using the Notification Center so I can track notifications after the banner disappears.

• Conrad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need a badge and or bouncing icon in the application dock to know when you have a new message

Notifications need a major overhaul in my opinion. The banners are too temporary, I don't want emails because they defeat the purpose of Teams as a separate tool, and I never ever get notification icons anywhere on my desktop (task bar or quick launch).

• Phil Thacker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Extremely ineffective teams tool if notifications options are not present (e.g. email), especially for mobile teams who are not online all the time.

• Austin Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the ability to control notification settings for each team and channel that I am included in. Similar to Skype, there are sometimes very active channels that I would only like to be notified of if I get an @mention, but my global settings should remain as my general notification preference for channels I have not configured more granularly

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You got notification in a channel only if you include an @NameOfTheTeam which is a bit cumbersome.
    We need automatic notification trough the app and mobile app.

• Henry C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do we have any update/ETA on this? We could really do with some more engagement Microsoft, it's all gone quiet.

The challenge I have is that I'm trialing teams with some groups of colleagues, and whilst the initial response is very positive, since there are no notifications on new team messages people just forget that teams is there, and engagement doesn't stick.

External users I can live without for the time being, but this is #1 priority for me.

• Colin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also very important to my team. Specifically, we would like the option to be notified on every new conversation in a team, as well as the ability to choose to be notified to all new replies or only new replies to conversations we have either created or participated in.

• Roz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see how many teams have had an update on my task bar as I'm am member of several

• Loren Paulsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need to be able to "mute" a specific channel. There are some channels I would like to browse casually, but not be notified when the channel itself is @mentioned.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.