385 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kurt Ludwig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Graham

Even if you're following the channels you don't receive any notifications if an email is sent to the channel.

• Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can follow individual channels within a team and get all notifications from a channel that way

• Chad Ellington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Click the ... three dots next to the channel name and click Follow this channel. Then you'll get pop-up notifications.

• Sean Arban commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's distracting while using the Teams app to have a Teams notification pop up in the bottom right corner.

• Sean McCown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And sometimes tagging doesn't work. Sometimes when I start a new conversation in a Team, it doesn't bring the pop-up with the user's name so I can choose it to tag them. If I go into an existing conversation, it'll find the user just fine, but if i go directly down to start a new one, it won't find the user.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement proper notifications. Just copy slack!

We should be able to choose a notification strategy for each channel (and preferably each device).

All messages that are displayed should trigger notifications. Messages from connectors are just as important, if not more so, that messages from people.

Thanks in advance!

• M G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also allow me to set notification preferences in alignment with date/time (working hours, timezone). Allow me to override it for VIP people, VIP teams or VIP channels.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful to understand what triggers Personal mentions, Channel mentions and Team mentions notifications.

IE: Team mentions: does it notify you when someone mentions a team you are in, you are mentioned by a team member, or you were a part of a mention in a team chat

I agree with many here, that i keep missing team discussions if im not tagged. i wpuld like better notifications for groups

• Wesley Sulman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have Teams set up with loads of different main teams with sub channels. Currently there only is a highlight of the channel in a Team in bold when there is a new post/happening.

I request to have a badge number on the main Team itself to show that there is a new post/item occurence in the Team itself.

For instance:

- Team: Feedback
    - Channels: -General - Software - Hardware

A new post is made in -Hardware
    Feedback will show as: Feedback (1) and will be entirely BOLD

Thank you,
    Wesley

Being able to mute threads is really important, the clutter that a really active thread can cause when it may not be relevant to you makes the tool almost unusable. ie. we had a general thread that said to join a group msg. the poster, so each msg. reply below is an individual saying "add me" or the like but each person added now gets every "add me" and every reply from the poster saying "added" and the volume is blocking out other important notifications and running down cell phone battery to a maddening degree. I would like to be able to right click and say stop receiving notifications about this post the way you can on Facebook and other tools. And a larger array of options should be available in the notification section to say which teams you want what kind of notifications for and which types of messages you want what kinds of notifications for so I can keep replies to general posts off my phone notification options to prevent the battery issues.

• Fabian V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Marking items as critical would be ideal. We have channels for production issues. Those channels need notifications that are important. Popups that stay up, sounds, etc.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also be nice if the conversations in MS Teams showed up in the corresponding Groups in MS Outlook. Seems very disjointed that it doesn't.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.