Chris Evans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

386 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Leandro Moreira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a simple feature request. Every chat app needs notification and sounds to alert users.
    I have to stop migration to Teams because Skype and Group Chat do it better than Teams.
    Group chat is an app created before 2010 and works better with notifications.
    How is it possible a new app don't have a better feature?

• Mel C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make new updates more noticeable. Have the option to make pop ups private, i.e. "A chat message has been received",

Group unread notifications in a separate section.

• Robert O'Linn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We were hoping to use this product to replace the large amount of company wide emails and direct non-essential company-wide communications into a forum that would not clog everyone's inboxes. Notifications on team chats is crucial to accomplishing this goal. I look forward to hearing good news on this in the near future!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to set a specific notification sound of our choosing. If nothing more, let us modify it via the Sounds property in Control Panel. We are constantly missing messages due to the lame little plunk notification you provide.

• elise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be beneficial to have the option to NOT display a preview of the message upon notification. When you're in meetings showing your computer or sharing screens with an individual (not using do not disturb), this is a distraction.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow notifications to sound on all devices (not just the device used for conversation).

Also make pop ups private, i.e. "A chat message has been received", rather than the person and a good chunk of the message.

This has been worked on for 16 months now, I guess the coming changes are going to be astounding (hopefully in a good way). Are there any updates?

• Jesse Stoll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful if there would be a notification option to force the Teams app to pop up on my screen when someone sends me a chat message or if there is new activity in a Teams channel that I'm following.

• Lynette St. Jean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be highly beneficial for there to be an adjustable volume on chat alerts. This is our offices main source of communications and we cant afford to miss these. In addition is there an options to not have the message banner pop up? Often there is sensitive information, and if someone is in my office it is easily readable.

• tyler sorenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moving from Skype to Teams and I miss the blinking notification on my task bar. I work in a louder environment and do not here the notification sounds unless I have headphones on. Having something on the taskbar blinking or with a red number over it showing new chats or messages would be helpful. currently I just have to periodically open it up and see the team name in BOLD indicating there is new messages in there. I have tried looking at settings for nitifications and it wasn't helpful.

Is there an update on this please? My company has just switched over to Teams instead of Jabber and we need to be able to :Turn Popup notification on/off
    Turn notification sound on/offI currently only have the 'banner' or 'off' option. 'Banner' generates a popup whenever a new chat is received, which anyone walking past can read which is not acceptable. The only alternative is 'off' which obviously means I will miss any new notifications.

Many notifications are missed. Companies using this tool as a full communication solution rely on the ability to customize their notifications to a sound/alert that works for them. In order to be successful, this needs to be addressed.

• Angelique Prada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We get email notifications for personal chats, but nothing for Teams. Perhaps you can add the same type of notification -- especially if someone is using the web version as opposed to the downloaded app, they won't get a notification in Teams in the current set up. For example, if they don't have access to their usual computer or device.

• Jody Delaney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful to have different channels with different priorities, as some channels are designed for more urgent matters than others.

• Tammy Goldstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps have the notification screen "stay on" until you have read it? My manager had information on the "teams" tab I did not even know about because I am usually on the "chat" tab

• Melissa Casimir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The notification sound is to low. I miss it when im not right in front of my computer. We should be able to choose the notification sound and volume level. Also the task bar it should blink longer if missed so if i am on a call or another task i notice it if i miss it. I miss most of my messages.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.