Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• or
  1. Mobile App Microsoft stream tab does not work properly

On the mobile app when Microsoft stream tab is opened users are directed to the ms stream external site and asked to log in.

Users are then asked to either sign in or sign up for an account.

When using the desktop app users can view videos under this tab without signing up to ms stream.

This seems to only affect the mobile app, I do not want all of my users and guests to sign up a Microsoft stream account the whole point is to collaborate in the ms teams app but this issue is a real problem.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MS Stream channel tab on Teams mobile App stopped working

I added a MS Stream video channel as a tab to Teams. It worked fine for all users until recently. Now an error appears on the Teams mobile App saying “failed to load this channel, please try again” It still works on the browser version of Teams. Bug?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stream

Stream videos can be restricted and linked to O365 groups. I have a Team that is not an O365 group. To restrict the access to the stream videos to the Team, it seems I have to create an O365 group with the same members? It would be better if I could choose in the Stream app to restrict access to existing Teams, not only O365 groups.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need an option to be able to view the video stream being shared during the meeting., while on the phone version of teams.

Right now, the video appears only when the screen is tapped. Need a way to view the continuous stream, especially on the mobile version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Direct play Stream/Youtube videos and Twitch/Mixer streams, bypassing presenter bandwidth

Teams should be able to cast a URL to all participants, and participants would play the video from the URL directly, rather than having the presenter recast the video from his device, limited by his upstream bandwidth.
    This would reduce load on Teams servers and gretly improve video quality when playing Microsoft Stream or Youtube Videos, or hosting a stream from someone that is streaming on Youtube/Twitch/Mixer.

The presenter would be able to play/pause/mute/stop the hosted stream or video from his device, just like he currently can start or stop a screen/window sharing.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Link Teams to Stream Channels

When a Team is created create a Stream Channel with the same name. This would help teachers to share pre recorded lessons or content direct with a class by sharing it in Stream to the Team. Unless a meeting is recorded in the correct teams staff have to add users manually in Stream or create a new Channel.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. about video recording in streams

when record a meeting it gets record and save it in Microsoft streams after playing recorded file it show UTC time zone in Microsoft streams can we change it to Indian time zone

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stream new upload > notification in Posts

In Teams it's possible to add a Stream-tab to a Teams-channel. It's not obvious to users when a new video is added to a Stream-channel.

Suggestion: When a new video is added to the Stream-channel, post a notification in the chat of the Teams-channel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Possibilty to remove Stream

As we are interally using a different video streaming service and we do not want to give the users the possiblity to create a new video platform we disabled the "Stream" service.

Users cannot use it, but nevertheless the icons and the app is integrated everywhere

The users are getting confused about the icon as they are not allowed to use it.

Please add a possibilty to completly remove stream (as it is possible with chats, calling, video,...)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Photo stream

I want to be able to post photos and then see them like you would in a comment feed or stream without having to download them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. About a Stream icon displayed in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams に表示される Stream アイコンについて
    About a Stream icon displayed in Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams のチャット、および投稿画面の下部に Stream アイコンが表示されています。
    Stream アイコンを非表示とする機能の実装を要望します。
    A Stream icon is displayed under the post section in a Microsoft Teams chat.
    I want to hide this Stream icon.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stream Videos in Teams thread

I want to put Stream videos in Teams thread, not tab

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. filter Microsoft Stream

Have the ability to filter by "Video Date" in addition to filter by "Added Date" within Teams> More Added Apps> Stream> My Watchlist view

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stream on Teams

Hello, how are you?

We are using STREAM in a GUIDE of a channel in which we create, we post the videos in the Stream where it is displayed in Teams automatically.

I would like to suggest an option to order the videos in TEAMS, because when opening the tab the videos are displayed randomly, it ends up confusing the student a little when it comes to locating

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow video streams to be placed on top

Would like the ability to move the video streams while in a group Teams meeting sharing content. All the video streams appear below so all participants are looking down. If streams were on top (where most webcams located) then users would appear looking straight ahead.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Save chats on stream

When calls are saved to Microsoft Stream, the chatlog should be made part of the comments under the video

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. REPORT STREAM

Hi everyone,

I think it is necesasry that Stream can show me who is/was watching a video. I am a teacher and I need control who/when/duration my students watch a video.

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Want to choose whether to save Teams meeting recordings to Stream

Recordings of Teams meetings are stored in Stream.
    If not licensed, it will be stored in Media Service on Azure (using Blob storage.

We use the Stream feature.
    Streams have a limited capacity.
    Once the recording has been saved, it puts pressure on the Stream's capacity.
    Please implement the function to select whether to save to Stream.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams stream should have a join button

In the Microsoft Teams desktop application, events accessed from the Calendar panel: Meetings have a nice obvious "Join" button on the top right. Streams don't have this and instead have a fairly subtle "Stream Link" text that doesn't so clearly indicate you would join the stream. Muscle memory makes me go straight for the "Join" button, which isn't there. Ideally this UX would be consistent for usability.

Also, from the calendar view, meetings have an instant join button while streams do not and should.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add support for streaming hold music

Rather than having a static file for hold music, it would be great to be able to choose a streaming source instead. Many of my customers have asked for this so that they can stream their own hold music to callers on hold.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 113 114
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base