Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• or
  1. Bulk import of contacts into Teams please???

Bulk import of contacts into Teams please???

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have contact import from your microsoft outlook.

A feature that allows you to import contacts from your Microsoft outlook to the teams contact list.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How the **** do you import contacts from Skype??????

How the **** do you import contacts from Skype??????

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import federated contacts - Critical for contractors and remote workers

Import federated contacts - Critical for contractors and remote workers

How are contractors and others with dozens of external contacts supposed to work? This completely brings our business down without our external business contacts. Even a manual export/import function would be better than nothing.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import chat, contacts from other messengers like Jabber, etc.

Hi

Right now I don't see a way to import existing chat, contacts, groups from Jabber. Having import option will help a lot when moving to Teams.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tell us how to import skype for business contacts into teams

Tell us how to import skype for business contacts into teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Importing phone contacts for dialing out from Teams meetings

I've been using Skype for Business in my organization for a couple of years. The major problem that prevents me from switching from SfB to Teams is lack of any easy way to import phone contacts from a file into Teams. I'm used to import .csv files with lists of phone contacts into my Outlook contacts, and they become available for dialing out from SbB meetings. Unfortunately, they aren't available in Teams meetings, and when you need to dial out to five or more phone contacts during a meeting, the meeting becomes a real challenge, not…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Function to Import/Sync contact list from Skype to Teams Chat contact list

As Skype is retired, there's a need to be able import contacts from Skype into the Teams Chat/Messenger tool. For large companies/orgs, where mass collaboration is done via Skype, it can be time consuming for every single person to have to recreate their contact lists.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Import Groups & Contacts from Skype for Business

With the integration of Skype's features in Microsoft Teams, is there a way to export/import your Contacts and Groups from Skype into Microsoft Teams?

For someone that has been using Teams for over a year now, this would be very useful tool.

As to perform this task of creating Groups, adding the people to them both internal and external manually would take several hours.

Let me know if I can assist.

813 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams MUST get a tool/option to import Skype for Business contacts & groups

As an Enterprise Skype for Business user for a Global Fortune 100 company telling us we are moving towards Office 365 & Teams, it is ludicrous there is no way to export from skype/import to teams or transfer directly from Skype into teams all of my contacts groups and contacts in skype. Expecting business users to have to recreate tens of groups and hundreds of contacts is horrendously bad business useability.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I am looking some feature where i can add my organization important contacts able to add in Favorite for all users through Admin console.

I am looking some feature where i can add my organization important contacts in Favorite for all users through Admin console.

I am also looking user should able to create shortcut of Important contact on Desktop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. importing address book

Our company is in the process of using Teams instead of Skype for business, and would like to suggest that all global contacts be imported to teams automatically.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Inport contacts from Iphone

It would be useful if we could import our contacts from Outlook/Iphone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Chat > Contacts > Import a group of contacts from 365 Groups/Distribution List

In SfB, I used to be able to add a distribution list as a contact. This resulted in the whole list of contacts within that list to be added within a group on my Contacts list.

In Teams, this doesn't seem possible. Can this be developed and implemented?

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow to import custom contacts during MS Teams Meting

Hi,

We have a custom contact in Teams or a custom contact in Outlook, but both cannot be found when inviting someone to a running meeting and user need to type in the phone number instead of being able to use the one in the contact.

Also tried it with local created contacts in Outlook (Exchange Online). While added such a contact to the original meeting invitation it is not possible to find the contact for "Invite someone or dial a number" in the meeting directly.

Can we have this features available?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Companywide Contact-List

In skype for Business (SfB) we were able to use the Global Adress List (GAL) to provide company wide contacts for all our employees. In teams each employee has to import the list by himself. So if we add or change contacts each employee has to do update the contacts by himself again

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The ability to import existing contacts into Teams

I have a lot of outside collaborations that I cannot currently import into Teams, I would have thought this would have been a prerequisite at the design stage.

A simple cut & paste in my case would be the simplest solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Backup the contacts list of user Skype

We need backup the contacts list of user Skype, to migrate all contacts and groups from user to the Teams.

It is a very important feature for everyone to migrate from skype instead.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bulk Add External Contacts

Currently to add an external contact you need to search their entire email address and chat them at least once. This only adds them to your search because of the chat history. You can also add them to your favorites afterward.

It would be much better if you could import (via CSV or otherwise) multiple contacts into your personal Teams contact lists, get/search contacts from your own Outlook contacts, or if contacts added from the admin portal (Users->Contacts) can be searched for.

I believe this functionality worked better in SfB.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Import phone book or people directory (office 365) to teams on android phones

Import (or link) phone book contacts or people directory (office 365) into TEAMS to enhance convenience for inviting meeting participants.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 107 108
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base