Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• or
  1. Company wide background lock on Video Calls

It would be really good if we could create a custom background for doing video calls. For example i would love to create one that is the company logo and have this behind users rather than random images.

It would look better for those who are external to the company and are guests in a meeting.

It would also be really good to be able to set and lock this in the admin centre so that users cant change it, because they always will other wise.

From a buisness standpoint this would be a fantastic addition for use.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Upload your own company branding into Teams background effects.

It would be great to be able to upload company branding to the new background effects so users can choose an effect that has their company's branding on and it would be available across the organisation.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. custom background for Together Mode

I would like to upload a photo of my office so that meeting participants appear on my company background.

Solution proposal:
    The user must upload a .jpg or .png file. After uploading, he should point out the places where people are to be plotted in the meeting.

I will put a real picture of my company's auditorium so that everyone can appear together, but within our company

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Company's own background images for meetings

Thank you for adding these funny background pictures. But in a companies it would be much more appreciated if users could select from list of company's own backgrounds with their logo etc.. And even more, it would be also nice to have policies to control what pictures users can select if any.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Assign Custom background to entire Organisation from Teams Admin Portal

Assign Custom background to a entire Organisation from Teams Admin Portal
    This would include the ability to upload a custom Company approved custom Teams meeting background uploaded and optionally set as default background for all users.

435 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Admin Settings/Policies for Meeting Background Images

As a Teams Admin I would like to be able to:
    * Turn off background images by meeting policy
    * Add company-branded images to all users
    * Prevent users from uploading custom images

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Company logo over the blur or custom background

Adding branding (corporate logo) over the blur or custom background in Teams meeting. This way the logo could adjust accordingly when the video feed is resized. Adding a positioning option would let the company chose in which corner of the video feed they want to add their logo.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please enable blurred backgrounds or customized backgrounds on chromebook.

On chromebook I am not able to used our company background or even just blur the background while in a call. Can this be addressed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Additional centralized policies and management of Meeting background images

With the recent public release of the background image in Teams Meetings, it would be awesome to have:

• The ability to centrally store corporate branded background images for use in the organization

• Deliver default images to meetings based on conditional logic (group, office location, Team, division, etc)

• Have additional policies surrounding the use (if there is a guest in the meeting, force use of company branded only)

• Allow upload of background images for administrative review workflow

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Higher contrast font colors, more font size choices

Have the font color selection include fonts with better contrast levels from the background. On the standard white background (don't know about others as my company has disabled themes), colors other than black are extremely hard to read.

As other users have noted, please add more font size choices, particularly for Wiki page titles. They are barely distinguishable from subheadings.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Transparency in Custom Background Image

My apologies if this or similar already exist. I've not been able to find a related post.

The request is to honor transparency in custom background images. The system allows PNG format images, but it ignores any transparency.

The desired effect is to create a custom PNG background image in which the majority of the given image resolution is transparent, but a partial image that takes up a section of screen surrounding the participant will be shown. In other words, the participants actual background (the room in which they are sitting) shows through the transparency, but a smaller image appears…

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Customise and standardise Teams background for all Company

Customise and standardise Teams background for all the company.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to push out Company Backgrounds

Wouldn't it be great to push "Branded" back ground screens to the people in your company? Right now I'm pushing the pictures to people desktops, it would be great if it was just a choice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Force a specific image as the default Teams custom background

While I can now change my teams background to an image I specify (by coping it into this folder: %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Teams\Backgrounds\Uploads), our company would like to set a default image for every teams user on their PC. Doesn't seem possible yet to do this. But I was thinking if we set a group policy to drop the image we want in everyone’s Teams 'Uploads' folder, then perhaps there is a registry setting in teams that we could force to use our custom image?

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Resize the background image when there are more participants within a Teams meeting

company, we created several background images for everyone in the company to use when there is more than one person in a teams meeting, automatically resizes the camera image so that only the person's face is displayed. When this occurs the background image is distorted

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More granular controls for custom backgrounds in Teams for large corporates

Hi. Love the custom backgrounds feature. It would be nice thou if we had more granular control over it. For example, we would prefer our staff to use company branded custom backgrounds for their Teams meetings and not allow them to upload their own backgrounds. We would like to go as far as even removing the custom backgrounds provided by Microsoft even thou they are lovely.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Handle company logo separate from background

Today we have our own background images with our logo in the upper right corner. It often works well, but when the image is cropped, so in the logo. I would like Teams to handle the logo separate from the background and replace it depending on image crop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add ability to add virutal backdrops

I would like to add a virtual backdrop, not much unlike how you blur screens, so I can brand my company during my meetings and so I can block my background for privacy concerns.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow transparent png support in backgrounds

We would like to have the option to simply have a company logo added as a portion of the background (or overlay) in a Teams meeting. Currently the background can only be fully-replaced using a background image, transparent PNGs with a logo isolated in a corner result in a white background except for the "logo" content.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)