Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• or
  1. More compact code snippets

When you have a very small snippet (one or two lines), the code snippet unnecessarily takes up a lot of extra space. It would be better if it scaled better with the content. Even for long snippets it uses up a bit more space than I would like but that is of lesser importance.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Compact list as default view

What we really need in Teams is to get an option to have compact view as the main view for that particular page and in ”Files”. It improves readability, is user-friendly and speeds up work. Many would use Teams more in their company and in our company if this feature would exists.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Planner board compact view

The planner boards are way to space consuming, which results in too much scrolling and limits good task oversight. Please add a compact view option, that reduces card size, as well as card spacing.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Requesting a compact view for chats/messaging

Implementing a compact view for messaging. Currently, the conversation takes up over half of the screen. For privacy purposes and for other reasons, someone may want to minimize just one conversation instead of minimizing the whole application, etc.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Compact theme for mobile app

Screen space is scarce on mobiles, it would be nice to be able to have a more dense layout as an option, especially in Chats/Conversations. I'm thinking of something in the style of IRC chats.
    I would also advocate for a more mindful usage of space in landscape mode, possibly hiding the top and bottom bars to give more space to content when typing or reading.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please provide more compact UI

In a meeting I don't need to always see everyone's full name. It makes the icon really wide and usually I know who everyone is. Teams should just display the small round icon and display the name if I hover over it.

I have to display the "People" sidebar during meetings in order to see my own mic Mute status, since Teams doesn't otherwise show this info, and it takes up 1/4 of the screen. When someone is screen sharing the huge sidebar shrinks everything down and makes it harder to read. If you could just show the icons instead…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Compact mode

I really like Teams. I do. But the current chat layout is not suited for professional chats. It's way to space consuming. It looks like something imported from MSN with smiley's that take half of the screen. I would say that Slack have nailed it because they focused on the ability keeping a tight window with lots of chat text visible. In Teams the window is full and starts scrolling after like 10 sentences.

20,032 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1772 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to size the calendar page or make a compact view.

Ability to size the calendar page or make a compact view..It could easily be compacted (lots of white space) to see a full working day in the week view.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. left justification of conversation feed

The main conversations view has everything center justified. Makes it hard to read. Slack does a great job of making the core conversation UX compact, readable and scannable.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Snappable notifications only compact mode

CHECK ATTACHED IMAGE.

Have an option to snap teams to one of the sides of the desktop and have the option for only notifications. There could be a sliding option as well the lets you see a bit more into the notification and then clicking on that opens up the entire app since now your intent is to view the entire thing rather that just the notification.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Continue to work in another app while meeting video is moved to a corner compact window

In skype we had this feature where meeting video could be make into a small compact window and user could continue to work on the computer.
    In teams we can't do this easily. Our doctors, during telemed session with patient like to continue to chart/document care notes while viewing the patient video session in a smaller corner window.
    We are having to do a workaround by sharing an empty notepad screen and minimizing it, then getting the actual window that we need to work on. This brings up a small compact window of patient's meeting video, however recently a toolbar…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Makes Teams Chat more Like Skype

Skype for Business has been honed in and perfected over the past decade. The Grouping - the ability to have it only in the side (not taking up your entire screen), the ability to automatically pop out conversations, the compact size, etc. Teams simply ignores all the virtures of Skype. Make the Chat feature in Teams completely pop-outed so the contact list looks just like Sype. Allow the list to be much more compact. Allow the conversations to automatically pop out. The idea behind teams is fine - the execution is very disappointing.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a customization option for keybinding to add new line in the compact edit window.

Others messengers can choose Ctrl+Enter, Alt+Enter, Shift+Enter or Enter etc

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. UI is greedy over screen real estate which is cumbersome when switching to/from app.

How do I make the UI more compact ? Need a UI config option like the tools its supposed to replace.

While it may look sleek, that dies after about 500 milliseconds of use as one realizes it takes over a whole screen.

this is supposed to be for contextual conversations, but the context is taken over by teams, which requires lots of Alt-tab flipping back and forth.

Ideally the UI should autoscale on shrinking, or have an option for shrinking it down/compact mode.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Chat on the same side, instead of Skype look

And please remove the ballots and unecessary extra space around things. Compact layout is missing across this app.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Too clunky of a UI

It's too hard to move around in. I know its not too hard but it needs to be perfect like Slack. Compact, easy to read. Right now there are too many tabs and I sometimes get lost. I want zero chance of getting lost like Slack

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Compact - PINNED section

I'd like to see the "pinned" chats have more of a compact user friendly layout and organization.
    Maybe also adding custom sections:

Admin

Facilities
    Heath Center
    IT
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Contacts - Compact Mode

In addition to having a compact mode without photos similar to SFB can you also make a change such that my settings are remembers. Each time I open contacts ALL the users in my contacts groups are visible and I have to go to each group and click the <Up> arrow to condense them

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Compact view need of the Application and Chat winodw should have narrow boarders.

Compact view need of the Application and Chat winodw should have narrow boarders.
    Regards,
    Vijay Repal

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base