Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Performance issues when clicking on a taskbar icon

Actually this is a bug report rather than a suggestion: if Teams is running (minimized to notification area) and I am pressing on its icon in the Taskbar (Win 10) to open its window, it takes up to 10 seconds to open Teams window. When I am clicking on its icon in the Notification area it takes less than 1 second to open. Why there is such a difference? It must open similarly in 1 second if being activated from the task bar!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. During a meeting it would be handy to be able to display a pre-prepared proposal and invite the meeting to vote on it and show the result.

This is simply a means of incorporating into online meetings, the standard function of voting on proposals according to meeting conventions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it possible for users without OneDrive to attach files via upload on non-channel-linked Teams Meetings

Make it possible for users without OneDrive to attach files via upload on non-channel-linked Teams Meetings. Currently it says you require a OneDrive license. You can however upload a file when using a channel related Teams Meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to be able to remove people from a chat.

I can add people to a a chat all day long, but once Added, they cannot be removed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Text in last row of table cannot be formatted with monospace

When using a table, the text within a cell residing in the last row cannot make use of the monospace formatting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. how can I remove a file?

no possibility defined for removing files in the option list: three points on the right side of files

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow to permanently hide the "out of office" banner

Everytime someone changes his status to Away in calendar (holidays...), this banner appears in each conversation where this person is. The banner appears automatically few seconds after having selected the conversation, even if it as been closed earlier. It's really boring... Please allow to remove this banner until next unavailability of this person. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't found user name , eg it-leon, inpu keyword leon must why not used like sql %leon%

Isn't your programmer simple SQL statement like?

eg @leon can't found user name it-leon

sql like %leon%

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Where do you get help for this thing?

I've been using Windows apps since way back. I've been able to figure out how to most Windows programs without a manual or help or tutorials. But Microsoft Teams is the first program I can recall that I need to get some help how to use. And the worst thing is, where is the help?

Don't get me wrong, I get the general idea how stuff is supposed to work, but so far nothing is behaving anywhere near to what I'm expecting.

I want to use it in lieu of Skype to have conversations with people, but it appears that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. under a channel display allow a URL that is selectable

My Channels often have GOTO meetings, it would be very helpful if the description of my channel would automatically allow me to click on the URL in the description to open the meeting for me.

E.G. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/725331111

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. App crashing

I am finding that after teams opens, it will close its self when not in use. I would expect if i open the app, even if not in use, it stays open for continual use. Is this a bug?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make it work

See slack

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. CYBERCREDV

a teaching tool that helps young people, children and adults who learn to maximize learning by using products that help the learner understand basic information while breaking down tougher information. the D.I.S is also used as a functioning part of skype, and other microsoft products which would help enumerable hours of learning cut down to short period of time. colorful, yet achievable personality functionality for education. also helps young people learn when education is slow by adding sound on the cloud and basic A.I through transitions that otherwise understand the user through a speaking point by point microphone. sound is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. when using the oft the image links do not work when email is sent - link is https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/planning-worksho

when using the OFT files that have been published on this link the hyperlinks on images do not work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. D.I.S

a teaching tool that helps young people, children and adults who learn to maximize learning by using products that help the learner understand basic information while breaking down tougher information. the D.I.S is also used as a functioning part of skype, and other microsoft products which would help enumerable hours of learning cut down to short period of time. colorful, yet achievable personality functionality for education. also helps young people learn when education is slow by adding sound on the cloud and basic A.I through transitions that otherwise understand the user through a speaking point by point microphone. sound is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Notification is very bad

Got a mail, but not the notification through Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.