Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Suggested list includes deleted accounts

The Suggested list in the Chat tab includes people who've left my organisation, and whose accounts have been deleted in Azure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. search Quantifier

r something like this, from: @user, to: @user, in: #Team or chat, after: a date, before: a date, on: a date, hasfile: filename

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable the recording data of meetings to be downloaded directly on Microsoft Teams client

You have to access Stream in order to download the recording data of meetings.
    So, it would be great if we could download the data on Microsoft Teams directly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. lire tous les mails dans teams

Souhaiterai la possibilité de réceptionner et d'envoyer des mails directement depuis Microsoft teams, comme Outlook afin d'éviter que mes équipes sur chantiers interagisse d'une application à une autre.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Gör slutförda punkter sökbara i Appen Team planner

Idag ligger de slutförda punkterna bara i en hög ostrukturerat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. UX flow is still multi-steps than mobile UI concept

Move or copy file is too many layers of steps unlike mobile UI.
    Limited to 50 user in one team
    Only 10 files can be update
    Can’t update through folder in a organized way

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A better way to order messages

I like how my group has folders set up for different topics, however, working folders it is sometimes hard to find the new messages and the order does not make sense to me. I use mostly my phone for teams, so it might be more of s phone issue. Is there a way to order the messages with all new appearing at the top or bottom and a number count of unread/ unsceen messages so I can find the others. One day I missed some new ones that were lost to me in the middle. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. About guest user function restriction

I want guest users to add the ability to assign individual message policies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Catchy and funny video for engaging new members!

Please we need some cool video or content to engage our organization into teams. All videos or material are focused in a very functional boring way. Please do something!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow easy use of handphone to take pictures and send to a chat or to a team group.

Allow easy use of handphone to take pictures and send to a chat or to a team group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Join Teams Meeting" page should have "Use Teams" and "Use Web" as the buttons, with a download link underneath

Change the three click options so that the two buttons are "Join on the App" and "Join on the Web" with a download link underneath.

It is currently "Download" and "Join on the web" with the "Join using Teams" as a link underneath. This doesn't seem consistent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. User search in Microsoft Teams

I would like you to improve the searching feature to exclude users who have not been assigned Microsoft Teams license from the search result.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The user experience is GARBAGE

I haven't resolved any problems or questions with your Docs. They just put you into circular references and make everything more convoluted by never answering anything but leading you into a rabbit whole of links. It is incredibly difficult to even locate admin centers like the teams admin center.

Nothing seems to be integrated. If I want to collaborate and work individually I should use OneDrive, Sharepoint, teams and all the rest of the apps. This means I have use web and app versions. Why can't I do everything either in web or app exclusively? Sure I can use all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Keyboard shortcut for quick-assign self to Planner task

Trello has a keyboard shortcut (space) that, when pressed while hovering over a task, assigns or unassigns you to that task.

Now with Planner integration with Microsoft To-Do, I've found it annoying that to simply assign a task to myself I have to go through several steps, when it's incredibly easy in Trello in comparison.

Most tasks I add are for myself, so it would be much better for a simple keyboard shortcut (space while hovering) to assign me to that task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Meeting Attendees (+) Hover is SUPER Tiny!

When you hover over the purple (+) to see the additional attendees for a meeting in a Channel, the hover text listing the other names appears really, really tiny on Desktop. Almost illegible. Either increase the size of the hover bar so the text is legible or add an option to click to see a full list of meeting attendees.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ab

Need the ability to edit messages/conversations. I've noticed typos/grammatical (almost as if there is autocorrect) mistakes that I didn't make in messages that I've send but don't show the ability to edit messages within the Team I created (and I'm the owner).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shifts doesn't sync Time Off when period extends past one week.

When I log a "Time Off" request for an employee on Shifts - if the time period extends for longer than 1 week (say 2 or 2 1/2 weeks) the entry will not always appear when viewed. Sometimes it is visible for only the first week of the entry, other times it appears not to sync at all. Refreshing the application sometimes works, but sometimes it will just "pop" in after a few minutes. If you add another entry thinking the first one was deleted, two will appear side-by-side.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Messages organization and mail spam

The feed looks absolutely clumsy. There's good reason no apps for group chat have a common feed. Everything looks too messed up. I also get an email for every channel mention and it's very annoying and a lot of spam. Nobody wants to see chat in their mail, that's what mailing groups are meant for. I've tried turning it off with no success so now I just report them spam. Channels have sub channels and it all looks too disorganised. It gets hard to navigate about who posted where in what sub channel. All in all it's a very complex…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Is there a way to direct messaging to email?

I remember Skype had this option and then we were prompted to use teams. If Teams doesn't offer this, is there a way to go back to Skype business?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base