Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove menus from textbot

YOU CANT SIMPLY COPY A MESSAGE YOU RECIEVE BECAUSE AN OPTIONS MENU (three dots) AND LIKE BUTTON BLOCK IT!!

This is incredibly fristrating, inconvenient and dumb. Formatting should be removed too when you paste things in there or as you copy it or as you receive it. Any mix will do.

Have those options available OUTSIDE the frigging text box itself or remove them or allow me to remove them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can't play .mts video files.

When I upload the .mts video files, but I can't play it. Is the Teams app doesn't support .mts file? But when I play the same file on the Windows10's Windows Media Player, It is parfectlly can play. The error code is appearing like: cf35cbf5-b003-4c18-aed3-0e216d0421b0.cb6310c8-83fc-4afc-b6b0-73a456f88cce
    Please tell me the reaseon. thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When using Team Live it would be nice to have an option of sending the attendees a link straight to the Q&A poll

When using Team Live it would be nice to have an option of sending the attendees a link straight to the Q&A poll. It would also be nice if the meeting owner can set this to anonymous for the default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a costume note when a member is added

When a adding a member to team, it would be great to have a Note or description when a member is added.

Thank you
    Nick Matahen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Not asking to log in as much!

Not asking for verification as much, it's a nightmare between work phone and personal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. when populating a team with other teams it should link to the other team rather than just take the current members of the other team

When creating a team (Red team) I populated it with an existing team (Blue team). It seems like it only took the members of the Blue team and added the individuals to the Red team rather than adding Blue team itself.

After updating Blue team with other members they aren't automatically added to Red team.

I think this is a (design) bug, and that Red team should contain Blue team as a dynamic entity, and not just gleen the existing members at the time of adding it to Red team.

Team managements is going to be a nightmare if teams…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Conversations do not automatically update as the last/new event after a new response is entered, unless you change your view

With my team we identified a bug with Conversations.

Conversations do not automatically update as the last/new event after a new response is entered, they're only updated as the last/new event after you change your view (e.g.: move between tabs, or move between teams and chats.

The fact that the conversation position is updated after the change in view proves that this is a bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix issue with Teams (office 365 groups) not visible in meeting bookin in Teams but are in outlook

I was asked by a user that wanted to embrace teams and learn new ways to book meetings, what was the best approach. I showed the user the meeting tab in Teams. However his team was not showing in Teams (the office 365 group), so he was not able to book a physical meeting with a meeting room and send a meeting invite to all in the team from within Teams. That is however possible within outlook, so I can´t promote Teams for meeting bookings and need to refer the user to Outlook which is a shame.

I attached images…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change the colour/size of the recording meeting notification

The current notification for a meeting being recorded can easily blend in to the meeting window. It can easily be missed that a recording is taking place. Please change the colour and size of the notification that a recording is taking place so that it is clear and evident to all participants that they are being recorded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When changing between Teams and Channels, please keep any open content in the original team open to make returning to the same place easier.

When changing between different Teams and/or Channels, please keep any open content in the original team open to make returning to the same place easier. Often I am looking at a file or document and a Chat message pops up that needs a response and when I go back to the oiginal Team channel, the file I was looking at is no longer open and my position within the document is not saved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. My name's spelling is incorrect on the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Certificate

Hi Team
    I completed the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals course but my name's spelling is incorrect in the certificate, so can you please me help to change it?

Attached the certificate for your reference.

My name should be displayed as - Karthikeyan Jeevanandam

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create extra layers of administrators

Add more layers of management which have specific rights of editing for example specific channels or content. This would increase hierarchical structure in larger teams, which is most of the times required for good cooperation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Chat Notofications on mobile version

I don't receive any notifications on my mobile Teams chat when a new message is received?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please make a function only available users show up at chat screen.

For Microsoft Teams chat (1:1) , It needs the function that hide the user automatically if who is off-line, and only available users show up at chat screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Emoticon display issue

The emoticon being displayed in chat list is not correct which user has used. Though if you will get inside that particular chat window you will see correct emoticon being displayed. I have attached the screenshots for reference. This issue is in IOS teams app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Kualitas suara kurang baik

Suara kurang jelas

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Only see msgs from favorites on Teams Mobile App

An option that allows you to only receive messages from Favorites or Priority. In a global role this is important as people call after hours that I don’t want to hear from but others that I do want to hear from

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a startpage/overview for each team/channel

Add a startpage/overview for each team/channel, with free writing and the possibility to link to internal Teams objects like tabs, use macros and so on. Just like Confluence - or like Dropbox Paper/Quip page. Make it possible to choose your own first tab in a channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.