Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Double click calendar to schedule new meeting

Allow users to double-click a spare slot within their Teams calendar to schedule a new meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Channel email attachment scanning/controls

We want control (or at least visibility) for the ability to control attachments being emailed directly into a channel. Is there scanning occurring of those attachments before they go into the channel. It seems like this might be vulnerability for spam/malware. We understand you can restrict to certain domains or team members, but what if we just wanted to disallow attachments from the email getting into the channel or better yet some sort of assurance they are being scanned for malicious content and not restrict members or domains in any way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Cannot set invitees to optional

Want to set some of the invitees as optional as it can be done in Outlook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. unread feed repeats for every message in a thread

When viewing the unread feed, a thread with multiple unread messages will keep reappearing. To try it for yourself, follow a channel, and then walk away for a while while several messages are put in a thread. Even better, follow two channels and let two threads develop. As you click on each unread entry, the other one will pop-up back to life to show the next message.

Please track each thread as read/unread instead of each message. If there is a problem with finding your place in oversized threads, then have it track the message in that thread, but when…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. group calendar in sharepoint

Created a group calendar in Sharepoint using the apps and it works. Every time I add that group to the calendar invite it sunc fast. Problem is when the event is cancelled. The event is still going to show always as cancelled instead of disapear completly. It takes all the space for the planned events.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Messages not appearing

In chat conversations I suddenly am no longer able to see new messages in the main chat window. The preview in the left panel with the person's name shows things like: "You: Some new message..." but the main panel when I click on that user doesn't show anything at all. My conversation is stuck at a day ago.

This is for both messages I receive and ones that I type to other users. Nothing new appears in the main chat window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It is really hard to create a meeting on the all

Be able to easily create a meeting with a create button or schedule

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Share OneDrive Files and Display them as Online Files in the chat window

I share files in OneDrive all the time. But to do this in Teams means I need to copy and paste a link (now I can't see the files I have shared in Teams with person x, just links) or download the file and share it (now I have multiple files and defeat the whole point of OneDrive).

Solution: When I share a link to a OneDrive file I want Teams to recognize it as such and treat it just like a file but display it with a little cloud icon (see attached proposal)

Now I can use OneDrive for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Upload OneNote Notebooks Rather than Making Tab Channel

I want the ability to create or upload a OneNote Notebook in a Channel's files tab rather than having to create a notebook tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. In Planner: when you copy task you don't copy all content: you loose people asigned to the task.

Enable functionality to copy people assigned too.
    p.s. all credits go to Ka Ling for this idea. If financial award then I'm taking 51% for the effort to make this post.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Rename the "Pinned" tab to "Favorites"

Keep the naming convention that is used in Skype. As it allows for an easier transition from SFB to Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add an existing form

The option to add an existing form is not working properly. I have used this feature in the past without issue. It seems the radio buttons for each option are not always visible/selectable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Problem with attaching files from bot to user bot after last update.

File, attached from bot to user message in 1-to-1, shows incorrectly on Desktop and Web client after 25 January update, but on mobile client it works fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. O365 ATP safe attachment for Teams

O365 ATP safe attachment for Teams.
    when a infected file blocked, it will not display the blocked icon in Teams. Please fix it.
    only can see the blocked icon in OneDrive or SharePoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. just give up

just stick to softwae you can actually develop. office is in the making for 30 years now and its still buggy, you wint be able to fix this before competition kills you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ステータスメッセージ

ステータスメッセージが入力、表示できるようになったが、連絡先の一覧画面でパッと見て全員の内容を把握できない。グループ単位でいいのでステータスメッセージを一目で確認できるようにしてほしい。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show the Team name with the Channel name while on the Files tab

When on a tab that allows maximizing such as Files or Wiki, you can't tell which team you are looking at while maximized. Only the Channel name is shown.

This is especially confusing when on the General channel, as every team has a General Channel. Many teams in my organization give their Channels similar names, furthering the confusion.

There is plenty of space to include the Team name next to the Channel Name, which would make it easier to figure out where you are when multitasking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I wish we had control over how many video/people display in a meeting, and be able to adjust the proportion of video to shared content

I would like more control over the proportion of video to shared content, and be able to see more than the most recent 4 speakers in video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.