Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use a pen to write feedback

Use a pen to write/draw feedback on assignments when returned or graded.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to pin the video stream from meeting participants to the top/side edges of the window

Status Quo :
    As of today, when a meeting is active and a participant is sharing their screen, the shared content takes the most of the screen real estate and the thumbnails of participants (incl. their video streams) are seen in a strip at the bottom of the shared content.

Problem i'm trying to solve :
    I notice myself looking at the bottom of my screen for a prolonged time which makes my neck and back hurt. By allowing me to pin/snap the video stream to the top/right/left edges of the screen, I can sit upright allowing me keep my…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Meeting orginizer to not be announced when they Join a meeting early

There should be an option to not announce when the Organizer of a meeting joins the meeting early. As an Organizer I might want to get in there 5-10 min early to make sure I have everything setup for what I need in the meeting (video/ audio / files) and do not need to announce to all of the Meetings participants that I have joined the meeting. It can cause confusion for some participants.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please implement the Location status in TEAMS as Skype for business has.

There is already an Idea for an automatically updating location status, but I would be happy with a manual drop down that you can customize (which Skype also has).

For example:
    https://www.technology.pitt.edu/help-desk/how-to-documents/skype-business-personalize-your-contact-information

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. show unread until read, not only until click on the page

Currently, as soon as go to a channel, the "bold" showing unread posts present disappears, whether or not have read all the posts. add functionality to not show read until actually read or until clicked.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to delete a files from the File Icon

Ability to delete files posted in file icon and not just through chat

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. live event need Graph API Interface

Need Graph API to be able to schedule Teams Live Events. Want to handle concurrency limit check of 15 at time of schedule. Could do this ourselves if had API interface for scheduling Live Events. Believe we could develop additional invite options and front end scheduling interface to prevent concurrent live meeting limit at time of scheduling if had Graph API interface.

https://github.com/microsoftgraph/microsoft-graph-docs/issues/7938

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Private channels (Teacher(s) + Student

This is mostly for kids in difficulty. Having a way to text and call only teacher to student without having to enable chatting so students can private chat each other would be amazing. The student can learn more easily like this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Microsoft Teams video calls Pinning Users

In Microsoft Teams video calls, pinning a user(s) only displays those pinned users. With a max of only 4 video screens on display, if 1 user is pinned, only that 1 user’s video screen appears, and cannot show 3 other faces of those who may be coming “in and out” depending if they are speaking. The same happens with 2 users, 3 users, etc. Is there any way to pin a desired amount of users and have the remaining “screen real estate” (4 minus the # of pinned screens) show up? This will be particularly useful if you would like…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. channels not be hidden

Please change the hidden channel feature to show all the channels and just allow us to scroll down to find them. I'm posting questions and they are not being answered by my co-workers because they aren't seeing them. If you remove the feature then everyone will be able to see it. please make the necessary changes thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to minimize/hide chat content area

I would like to be able to hide/minimize the chat content area when I am not actively using chat, so the overall Teams window could narrower. When I'm not actively chatting, I only want to see my list of contacts or the list of recent chats, but as it is now, I always see the content of the last chat I selected or participated in on the right side of the Teams window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to automatically allow recording or make recording banner less obtrusive

Currently every time somebody starts recording I get a banner at the top telling me it’s recorded which I need to dismiss. This takes up screen space and is also annoying.

From a privacy perspective I don’t actually care if somebody is recording; an icon to remind me whether or not they are would be nice (which I think you have). But being able to get rid of that banner would be good.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. dial in voice only on cell phone, and screensharing on laptop without voice.

Similarly with MS Skype, would like to be able to dial into a Teams call from my cell phone for voice only and simultaneously dial into the screen-sharing/video feature on my laptop. It does not give a choice to for that, that I'm aware of.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Block 'Who'

I find who useless and annoying how do i block it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Talking turns- a button to press to ask for turn to speak. easier for chairman to get everyones opinion voiced.

a button to press to ask for turn to speak. easier for chairman to get everyones opinion voiced.

In online meetings it can be difficult for the chairan to see who would like to speak- and only one can do that on-line (unfortunately in live meetings you can talk on eachother).

so a tool for chairmen to keep track of who wants to talk.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. You need the ability to delete a chat and not just hide it.

Add the ability to delete and chat and not just hide it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Microsoft Team message alignment

Hi,

I have an issue on Teams, all the messages that I send goes all the way to the right. It is hard to see the conversations. When (The person that I am sending the message to ) types a message it is to the left of the chat window but when I type a message, it is on the right. Could you please add an option to set the text direction? Left-Right or Right-Left. Thank you,

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Q&A Answered tab

Q&A answered tab would be useful to track progress through questions for moderators/presenters.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Want to see and be able to message/share files with myself as a separate profile for cross-device ease.

Would be helpful to transfer work specific files and archive messages for myself if a tab for my own profile is present alongside other members in the people messaging board.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Consistent minimize to tray behavior across different apps

Teams minimize to tray when user click x to close the app; outlook minimize to tray when user minimize app. Can we have consistent behavior across different apps so users won't be confused?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base