Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. outlook send to teams onenote

Create a "Send to Teams" button similar to the "Send to OneNote" in Outlook.

While it's nice to have an email address for each Teams channel, it can be cumbersome to switch from Outlook into teams, find and copy the relevant email address, then switch back into Outlook to paste the email address and send.

The ability to select the location for the message similar to OneNote would make this process quick and easy, and hopefully encourage more threaded conversation instead of back/forth emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. My main Team space got deleted!! No one knows how! Does this happen??

My Team was deleted!!! No one knows how this happened!! Is there a way to recover it????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. need to see full message in email, not truncated based on limit # of characters

When away from app, and I receive message via email instead, the email is limited on how many characters it shows - (outlook or on iPhone). This forces me to open app and read the full message which wastes time and is not efficient. I should be able to see full message directed to me in an email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notification of recent tasks -> show Teams name

When getting an email with recent tasks from Planner (as an application tool from MS Teams), I am missing the information to which Team this task is related to.
    Wether in notification Email nor in the task-description itself.
    In case of same naming the Planner tool in MS Teams, it is impossible to find out in Planner online, to which Team the single Task is related to.
    Thanks für help

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please add feature to pin the UI fonts to a minimum size.

UI 9pt font for Ribbon menu (Activity, Chat, Teams, Meetings, Calls, Files, etc.)

Ctrl + will increase font size while Ctrl - decreases font size. This change affects the entire UI, not just the message text.

In other apps such as MS Word, increasing/decreasing zoom for document text does not affect all ribbon bars and menu items, yet in Teams, this is exactly what happens. Only app ever to have noticed this behavior where zooming text affects UI menu and ribbon bar fonts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Multi-Tasking while attending a meeting through Teams

Would like to leverage Teams Meetings for Planner updates or general working sessions but cannot be in a meeting AND work on planner to update tasks in real time.

Also had a recent challenge with a chat during a call. Had to use Skype outside of Teams to communicate the chat.

Being single threaded significantly limits the usefulness of the Team Meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Delete team

I've been added to a team where all members left (including admin), so now I'm the only member left and cannot delete the team (due to only being a member) and I cannot leave the team because I'm the only person left. Please make it possible to fix this situation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Abschnittsgruppen in Teams analog One Note

Aktuell bin ich 26 Teams zugeordnet. Die Anzahl wächst kontinuierlich, worunter die Übersichtlichkeit leidet. Eine zusätzliche Ebene zur Gruppierung, analog der Abschnittsgruppen in One Note, würde mir weiterhelfen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. contacts from mobile app

You need the ability to register contacts from your mobile app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please can you tell me how long data will be stored / supported? how long do the chat data be stored for?

We wish to use the channel chat link to store the chat history such that it can be recalled at a later date. We want to know how long that data will be stored in the chat link? (That is when you "get link to chat")

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Excel viewers in Teams and Online do not handle correctly automatically formatted cells (color rules) .

The file is displayed correctly in Excel, but when opened in Teams or Excel Online, the colors are mosly not applied (but some cells are colored anyway … ???)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. pdf open android

Allow us to choose a default PDF handler for opening PDF's in Teams on Android/IOS without sharing it/downloading it local.
    the default builtin PDF reader has trouble opening bigger PDF files. Scrolling to next page keeps screen blank and adds a load time. Wich is annoying for the people needing to view drawings at a construction site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How do you change authenticator app from one mobile device to another?

How do you change authenticator app from one mobile device to another? cannot find help page with steps of how to deactivate from one mobile device to add to another.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A log related to file uploading from Teams

Add a feature that can retrieve a log related to file uploading from Teams only within all the file uploading logs when using the audit log in Office 365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Desktop Client is not able to communicate with Lync/Skype For Business Users after Patch

After and Update of the desktop client I am not able anymore to write with Lync/Skype for Business users anymore. As soon as I select the chat of a contact using Lync/Skype for Business I see the message "Chat not available" (german: Chat nicht verfügbar) as well as the message that the contact switched to Teams (which is not the case).

The mobile App still works! When I write the same contact via mobile App a chat message. After this is done on mobile the message on the desktop client disappears and I am able to chat with the contact…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. offline

When trying to communicate with some people a message will appear to say they are offline and an email has been sent instead, despite them being active in a team chat at the very same time.

Can you advise why it wont let you message the person directly?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notification bug

Every time Notification popped up after replying

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Simple Mode (think Trillian).

This is too bloated, and takes up way to much screen real estate. I have 4xPanels and Teams should take up less than 1/8 of a Panel size (24 inch LCD at 1080).

Think small footprint like Trillian, and then add functionality like Slack. Efficient. Fast. Functional. DONE!

Yes, Teams is HTML5 compatible so I can CTRL+Scroll to make it fit more in less, but it STILL overtakes the footprint that Skype resided in by more than 25% and more than 75% of Trillian.

Please, reauthor this program or give us a SIMPLE mode?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.