Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shortcuts for Planner filters

It could be easier during alignment meeting to have keyboard shortcuts in order to show, for example, a task assigned to a single worker

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make it possible to see who is in each channel

make it possible to see who is in each channel, so you can know how you notify when you mention a channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add assign button

The idea is based upon a necessity to asign easily a message to a member of the team and shows in the Planner of the team.

This allows to manage the incoming messages in a better way.

regars

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. using arrow buttons in power point when previewing would add to user experience

using arrow buttons in power point when previewing would add to user experience

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need features

We need the ability to type text and have the tool auto giphy like they do in slack. Also there is no way to exclude indviduals from channels

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to add in a table, or graph down at the bottom.

You are able to add in attachments, pictures, gifs, videos, but there isn't an option to add in a table (microsoft excel table).

This would be very helpful feature, as "OneNote" has the option if you hit tab it will create a table, but Teams app doesn't!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Meetings tab in iOS app disappeared

What happened to the meetings tab?! I can't access Teams meetings from the app anymore

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Tray icon menu options: Logout and Close should be switched

When I'm finished working with Teams, to close the program, I have to right-click on tray icon and click Close. But EVERYTIME I click logut instead, because it is at the bottom of the menu, and Close is one position above.

Please switch them in places, so that I can close Teams without thinking too much about it. It should behave like EVERY OTHER TRAY APP!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Creation and Publication of BOTS should be easier and straightforward. It should not require a registration of a credit card.

Creation and Publication of BOTS should be easier and straightforward. It should not require a registration of a credit card.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Email access direct from teams

An idea we have been punting around in our HE collaboration channel and how to get people to adopt teams as the new place to work ... there are LOTS of our colleagues who are just so very wedded to their email.  How about an app button in the Teams interface that allows a user to connect directly to their inbox without leaving Teams?  Also one other suggestion is a button that allows the full Outlook client to launch from Teams or even as a window in Teams.  I think we know this is a potential chunk of work (certainly…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I am an very experienced computer user and can always figure out new things really quickly, but Teams is almost impossible to use

The user experience is very very confusing. This is one of the most difficult programs I have ever had to become familiar with.

It's hard to make a specific suggestion, but every single person in my organization is struggling with Teams even though everyone is an expert user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. PERT/CPM View

While Teams gives a good organizational view of a project, it doesn't provide a good view for scheduling. Being able to plan both the individual needs of a project and the critical path/timeline for a project are essential for good project management. While I think it would be difficult to use an interface like Teams to depict project schedules in a Gantt chart, I think it would be interesting if the planner could assign expected due date estimates/time estimates and change the view in Planner to a PERT diagram in order to view total project times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 11011

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. make more text available in chat

Every time I look into archive messages for previous day I have to wait when be loaded each several messages, I cant just see scroll all archive

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. All-in-One Communication Platform

Hi,

We’re currently looking for a platform which would help strengthen internal communication amongst 16 countries where our businesses are operating in. We’d like to know if your platform will be able to perform the following tasks:

- Internal communication for increased engagement amongst employees from 16 countries
    -Group information updates and news sharing to all 16 countries
    - Group pages of each 16 country in the platform to get instant updates from each country. Each country group will be able to create sub-groups as well (Purchasing Department, Finance Department, etc)
    - Instant file and media sharing amongst all 16…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. problem with marking text

look at the attached screen, everything is shown

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Actually release updates

Updates to this product move at a snail's pace. Is there something that is the complete opposite of Agile that you all are using to get your work done? Does every decision and pull request you all make have to go all the way up to Satya for approval? It'd be one thing if this thing was free or already the leading product, but its not. I have visited this board and used this product for well over a year and nothing has really changed. What a waste of time and space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Partage des canaux

Il serai bien de pouvoir gérer le partage avec un invité extérieur au niveau canal pour avoir une plus fine gestion du collaboratif.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 100/101 Channel Limit with Powershell

When using Teams there is a 100 Channel limit. However, when you use PS you can create channel 101 before hitting the limit.

I was doing some testing to confirm that deleted channels do not consume the 100 channel limit. Now to wait 21 days to see what happens to the deleted channels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base