Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shifts - Date localisation

Ability to localise dates - In at least AU and UK we use DD/MM - its becomes confusing quickly when half the dates are in local and the other half are in US format

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keyboard shortcuts to type Umlaute and other international characters

In other O365 apps I can use keyboard shortcuts to type international characters on an English keyboard, for example, ç = ctrl+, and c, or ä = ctrl+: and a. See https://support.office.com/en-us/article/keyboard-shortcuts-for-international-characters-108fa0c1-fb8e-4aae-9db1-d60407d13c35. This is missing in Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Accent shortcuts (like in Word) don't work

In Word, if I type CTRL+SHIFT+^ followed by u I get a û. Similar shortcuts exist to get characters such as é à ö ç.

These shortcuts don't work when I type them in Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share T-Bot Answers with the Team

T-Bot is great, but I can't share the results with my Team so I have to tell them what to ask him for.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

I love this idea! I’ve sent it over to our T-bot guy. :-)

I’ll keep you posted on where this goes.

Suphatra

5. Link previews render using the wrong language

I've set the app language in Teams to English (US) but sometimes link previews are rendered in some other language. For example links to twitter render in Dutch (I think), see attached image.

The link sent was:
    https://twitter.com/settings/sessions

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The Postpone upgrade button should be fully shown in Japanese

When postponing upgrade from Skype for Business to Teams via Microsoft Teams admin center, the text on the Postpone upgrade button in Japanese is not fully shown, and it shows “…” instead.

I would request the button to display full text in Japanese.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Using "Du" instead of "Sie" as Language/Local option

In German you have "Du" and "Sie" for the englisch "you". It's usefull to can change between both.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Issue with Android App

After 25 May update, I am unable to post Chat on Teams or take part in conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi Shaishav,

Can you please send me your mobile logs? To send, just click “Send Feedback” on the little lightbulb in the mobile app.

Did this persist after rebooting your phone?

Suphatra

9. Gaeilge (Irish Gaelic) Language Support

Please add Gaeilge (Irish Gaelic) language support.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.