Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. TO DO

Add Microsoft To Do into Teams via Tab or connector. I can add WunderList but not To Do

1,574 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Poor performance on Windows

The system takes a lot of the computer resources and slows down the overall performance of the pc

1,573 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

209 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to share that Electron 10 is rolling out to the public ring now, so you should notice improvements. We expect overall performance of Teams to improve even further with upcoming fixes around the calling and meeting features We will share another update as soon as we are able to.

3. Pausing screen sharing in Teams Meeting

Similar to Webex, GoToMeeting, Zoom, and JoinMe...It would be really helpful to be able to pause screensharing vs have to start and stop every time you might need to pause sharing. Hope this capability is coming. Thanks!

1,570 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

257 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Team address books (and company-wide address book)

The lifeblood of Microsoft teams is the people that that make up those teams and generate the content within teams. As of now, there is now basic way of listing who those people are within teams.

It would be really great if each team had it's own "people" tab where it would be an address book of all the people who make up that team. Without it, how does a general user even know with whom they are speaking?

Furthermore, it would be good to have the option for a company-wide "people" tab in the left menu, which would function…

1,555 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

198 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Redirect files tab to the sharepoint document folder of the team site or give the possibility to hide the files tab.

Redirect files tab to the sharepoint document folder of the team site or give the possibility to hide the files tab.

1,552 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

225 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search by City Name / Location

People still using Skype becose this simples function to search by City Name or location is not added on Microsoft Teams.

1,544 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

366 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Embed Media

If you paste a link it should embed the media right in the chat (Gif, mp4, youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud etc.)

1,539 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

169 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Let us make the font size bigger (Zooming)

Make a way to make the font size in the application bigger.

1,537 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

partially done  ·  Warren responded

The zoom feature has released to the public ring. Using CRTL + or CTRL – zoom in and out on a Windows PC.

I need to correct the information I provided last month about MAC. It appears the MAC version is still in testing and hasn’t yet gone out to the public. It is “In Testing” but will be coming to the public soon!

The item tracking this specific update can be found at: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/admin/v3/suggestions/16933183/activity

There now is a UI element that tells you your current zoom level and a Setting within the UI to preset your zoom preference.

Since the zoom feature could very well cover the vast majority of user needs, based on the majority of comments and feedback, I will flag this item as Partially Done.

Thank you for all the feedback and support!
    -Warren

9. New calls ring while on call

While in a call and another comes in on my DID number or to a call queue I belong to the call rings in my headset and the Teams popup shows the call. It should not ring in my ear - at the very least it should be a lessor intrusive tone. This is more like a call-waiting option that needs to be added. Call Waiting on/off (columns for DID and Queues). More than likely for a call queue you are not going to take another call while in a call. There is a slight possibility you would if it…

1,524 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

169 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback, the team has this request under review. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

In the meantime, you may want to try using the “Do No Disturb” status if you are in a call or meeting, and do not want to get call notifications (rings and toasts). For more information on the various status settings in Teams and how they effect your notifications, including call notifications, please visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/change-your-status-in-teams-ce36ed14-6bc9-4775-a33e-6629ba4ff78e.

10. Delete files shared in chat

Files shared in Chat are stored to OneDrive, but there is no way to delete file from within Teams. When file is deleted from OneDrive, it is (of course) no longer available and the individual gets a "Sorry, we couldn't find you file" error.

I would like to remove the shared file entry from the Teams chat.

1,493 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

265 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Prepare meeting breakout rooms

As a creator of a meeting I want to prepare my breakout rooms before the meeting gets started. So i already assigned people to rooms before the meeting is going to start.

When the meeting is in progress i Only need to open the rooms.

Next to that you want to send documents directly from the main room to the breakout rooms

1,486 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

166 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to announce that capability for the meeting organizer to perform breakout room configurations and participant assignments prior to the start of the meeting is now available to users who have opted into Public Preview.

To see feature details, please visit https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-public-preview/now-in-public-preview-pre-meeting-room-creation-and-participant/m-p/2775307.

For details on switching to the Microsoft Teams Public Preview version, please see : https://aka.ms/TeamsPublicPreview.

We look forward to your preview feedback!

12. File path to links

When users copy/paste a link to a local folder on a server in Team, that link currently comes through as text. This causes other users to have to copy/paste the link into a new file explorer address bar. What I would like Teams to do is convert this path into a hyperlink automatically, so they only need to click on the link to open the local folder.

For example, if I have a server share mapped to S:\, with the folder "FolderName" inside of it, and I would like to share the contents of this folder with another employee. I…

1,482 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

139 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integration for Microsoft Project

Enable integration with Microsoft Project to see a project timeline, work breakdown, schedule, and dependencies. Additionally, teams could provide notifications to members about dates in the project.

1,452 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  Warren responded

The team is still reviewing this item. I hope to know of a decision soon.

-Warren

14. Out of office pop up showing up constantly for all users

Hi,

We at work are in a group chat and when someone is out of office, the little grey bar ontop of the chat box keeps showing up with the info that the person is out of office and may not respond.

You can close it but every time you re-open the chat tab it pops back up.

This happens for all users in chat (about 20 participants).

Can we disable this?

Thanks

1,441 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

287 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to disable How was the call quality request after each call

Each time we finish a call we are asked to rate the quality. After a few calls during one day it's very annoying and this is like that every single working day. Can you imagine ?

1,434 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

270 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. do not send messages when <enter> is pressed. change to another shortcut key.

I have to edit my messages several times because every time I press enter for a Carriage Return, it sends instead. I know the shortcut key for Carriage Return is SHIFT+ENTER but its not very intuitive and makes for miscommunication. Thank you for your consideration.

1,434 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

353 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Virtual background support for Linux

Please add support for using a virtual background on Linux.

Suggested initial level of support:
    * Support using a green/blue screen to determine where to replace the background (i.e., simple overlay).
    * Support using a user provided PNG or JPEG image for the virtual background.

Future level of support:
    * Support blur or replace of the background without needing a green/blue screen (this would understandably require either a GPU for acceleration or a very high performance CPU).
    * Support using a MPEG or OGG video for the virtual background.

Using V4L2 hardware acceleration (when available) would be preferred to doing…

1,432 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it possible for members of a Teams meeting to hide their full names

Make it possible for the host of a Teams meeting to hide names of participants.

When conducting interviews we are having candidates inappropriately contact members of the prospective managerial team. It would be nice to hide everyone's name except the point of contact / meeting host.

1,424 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

201 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create Planner Task from a Teams conversation

I would like to easily create a planner Task form a Teams conversation.
    e.g.: @Microsoft task: Enable Planner Task creation from a Teams conversation

A Suggestion should help to set additional information e.g.: due date
    By default the bucket should match the channel

1,422 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve chat history search

It looks like those designing the Chat are not really using it. Searching the chat history is still an awful experience:
    1. When you are in a conversation with a person and want to search for something, you want BY DEFAULT the results from the conversation with THAT person. But no, the smart designer of Chat was thinking to flood you first with a lot of results and then to ask you for few additional clicks to filter what you need...
    Please change the default to show the results for the current conversation or add another quick find or provide…

1,411 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

125 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base