Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Launching Teams from an Office 365 Group only produced a Joined window but doesn't take you to the Team

I have been added to an Office 365 group for which a Team has been created. On viewing the group in SharePoint, I see a Teams link. I click on that link and get a web page that invites me to launch the Teams desktop app, which I do. All that happens is that I get a window that notifies me that I have joined, but can go no further and can't see the Team in question. I belong to other Teams and see them in Favourites. Surely clicking on the notification window should take me to the Team in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. add sub-groups where you can add people in teams chat. Let's say you have channel where you could use tags such as@Networkteam @ServiceDesk

Add sub-groups where you can add people in channel chat. Let's say you have channel where you could use tags such as @Networkteam @ServiceDesk , and only certain people in certain groups would get the "alert". Currently there is @team and it notifies everyone (We are all in 1 big group currently).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Feedback URL doesn't work

Clicking Help→Provide Feedback sends me to the URL https://aka.ms/teamsfreefeedback in browser, but this doesn't load for me. I'm in Germany.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. People Pane doesn't update when switching between Teams.

When viewing a Channel, clicking the People Pane button at the top right shows the members of the Team. But then switching to a Channel in a different Team, the People Pane list remains unchanged instead of updating to show the members of the Channel I just switched to.
    This happens on PC and browser clients.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams Desktop app share desktop issue

When using Teams desktop app the share desktop feature is not available during a meeting. This occurs when joining meetings sent/hosted by external parties. Also, the messages sent from the external party during these meetings can not be viewed. There is not option to see or send any messages. Only the external party had these features available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it work better with voiceover.

Make it more accessible on iOS so that Voiceover will be able to read all content within the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cannot schedule meeting in Teams

I am having trouble creating a meeting in Teams. After I select the channel to meet in and add the attendee's, I receive an error message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. so far the biggest miss for me is inability to take/give control over a shared session to attendies! This has to be addressed ASAP.

so far the biggest miss for me is inability to take/give control over a shared session to attendies! This has to be addressed ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When I open files from SharePoint/Teams they crash after 20 seconds

I really like Teams, but this week it started crashing my documents. We save all our files in the Channel files and now when I open a shared document in the app (PowerPoint) from a space like that it just crashes. I've lost hours of work.

What's going on with the syncing sharing???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make the horizontal scroll bar floating in the code snippet view

When someone sends a long code snippet, you extend it, the horizontal text is likely to overflow the view area and be hidden, resulting in a horizontal scroll bar at the snippet's end.
    If you scroll up and try to read one of the lines, scrolling to the side forces you to first go back down, scoll to the side, and then go back up because the scroll bar remains at the end of the snippet, hidden from the viewport.
    Making the horizontal scrolling bar floating would be really helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Easy access to planner app in teams

I would love to have the planner function directly accessable via the left bar. Atm I have to click on the 3 points first, why can't I adjust it myself? And why is the first planner tab "activity" always empty? Please find useful content or delete it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams does not find files in folders

When I search for a file, Teams finds the files that are stored at the root level, but not the files that are inside folders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A "Headphones On" status

It has become common-place that developers are wearing headphones while working. Often they are still available for questions, as the "available" status suggests, but will not hear when collegues call out.
    My suggestion is that there should be either
    - an added headphone icon to the "available" status
    - an individual status similar to "available"
    Initially it could be something the user add themselves, but could long term be a solution where Microsoft Teams consider whether your headset is currently active

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People/Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Need to be able to remove people from Recent contacts

When people leave the organisation, we don't still want their name to appear in the recents list in chat etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We have passsword policy to re-enter password frequently and it does not prompt to re-enter on iPhone.

We have passsword policy to re-enter password frequently and it does not prompt to re-enter on iPhone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Decommission it.

Bad UX, bad reliability, bad usability, bad eeverything. Nobody would use it if they had to pay for it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to add an additional layer of division inside the teams

I work in projects and developpement at National Bank. We are currently looking into Teams to facilitate our workflow and allow for better structure and sharing. There is just one thing that would really help Teams shine for us:

Allow us to create subdivisions under a team that is linked to the same *files*. Ex : Team Name ---» Sector ---­» Project Name (Look at attached JPEG)

Allow all *Project Name* projects to use the files in *Sector*

This would make it much better for our work efficiency. Currently, we would have to create several teams and make a mess…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base