Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rename O365 Group but not the Team

Given an existing Team, would like to rename the underlying O365 Group, email address etc.to adhere to a naming convention.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. My teams is crashing constanly. every 5 to 10 min.

Please help... this is becoming useless..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The implementation of ` and ``` is infuriating.

` and ``` should be interpreted when you send the message, not as you are typing it. This is 50% of why I hate Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CREATE

Please make it possible to move a folder inside another folder. You can only create new folders and sub folders, but you cant move existing folders inside other existing folders.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Feedback for editing in Excel

I wanted to give some feedback on the Microsoft Teams editing excel sheets that are already saved under the "files" tab. While working on it I’m coming across a few concerns:

1.) It’s very slow to make changes if I do a copy/paste into any of the cells (in some instants it doesn’t even paste anything into the new cell that I choose even though it is in the same excel sheet and tab that I am currently working on).

2.) Randomly my changes will not save at all. Even if I close out the excel sheet and come back…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add External Link to Navigation

I would like the ability to add an internet link to the navigation in Teams. My company uses ADP for our payroll. Managers and Supervisors login to approve hours, address missed punches, approve time-off, etc. It would be great if we could add an icon that links to an external website both personally and globally.
    So, where you have the links to Chat, Teams, Meetings, etc. I would like to be able to add the external link there.
    Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Microsoft Outlook Quick Steps

Microsoft Outlook Quick Steps could be modified to allow the end user to "drag" the preview screen longer which would allow for more visible quickstep items in that box. More than 30% of the Tab Row is blank space.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Message Card Action OpenUri crashes when url includes star

If the url set in a webhook connector for an action includes a star character, then the link does not work (see below for example webhook json (the potential action part)

{
    "@type": "OpenUri",
    "name": "View Search Results",
    "targets": [
    { "os": "default", "uri": "https://url.com?query=bla*" }
    ]
    }

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable MS TEAMS for Govt E3

We would like to enable MS TEAMS for govt e3 plan

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Government  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. whole organisation onedrive and viewing of teams

I'd like to be able to create a whole organisation Team for a school with about 150 staff. I can do this. However I want to do more with it.

The reason why I'd like to do this is to create a place where documents can be stored. I understand there are ways to do this directly through share point, but I'd like my staff to be using Teams as an entry portal into sharepoint. That way my staff have a consistent program to use that they can become familiar with.

So far this is all doable.

Here is the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ad blocker in

Adding tabs with web pages in conversations lacks basic ad blocking features that are even present in IE

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow configuration of channels with iOS App like adding Apps (Planner) etc.

Many people are using iPads as main device. It should be possible to configure channels (like adding apps) using iOS devices. Or allow using Safari and the web frontend on an iPad instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Additional download links for the desktop app.

On the O365 homepage there's a dropdown menu to install the desktop office suite or any additional apps, but Microsoft Teams is no where to be found. The only links available are for running the browser version.

Could we get a download link added to one of the O365 pages (with the rest of the apps) or even a button or menu option inside the browser app itself?

Having some additional links is preferred to the constant prompts received while using the browser version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. add the ability to use short keys & commands for simple things like join/leave/invite/remind/mute

Your biggest competitor right now is Slack -- and one thing they make extremely easy is the ability for people to (1) use short keys to quickly navigate through their platform (CMD K to access a quick switcher to find and enter public channels, individual users to DM, and group chats you are a member of) and (2) also send easy commands like /join /leave /invite /mute for a channel. finding ways to make using Teams simpler for us like this is a HUGE value-add.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. status did not update back to available after video call

status did not update back to available on windows client after video call was finished

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.