Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Comments on Planner to have same functionality as Teams chats

I would like to be able to to have all my comms on a project happen via Planner instead of email, so that others can view the project and see all the decisions made / history on a project.

In order for this to be effective the "comments"" section on planner should have the same functionality as Teams chat, e.g. ability to add screenshots, proper formatting, link display etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make gifs/stickers optional at an individual level

Currently Teams only allows administrators to set GIF restrictions loosely. Individuals should be able to restrict or allow gifs as they choose depending on personal preferences.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow us to upload file properly just after the UPN is change

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    UPN 変更直、Teams のチャットでファイルがアップロードできない
    Allow us to upload file properly just after the UPN is change

■Description(内容):
    UPN 変更後、Teams のチャットでファイルがアップロードできなくなる。通常、時間経過により解消するが、時間経過だけでは解消しない場合、別のユーザーとのチャットでファイルをアップロードすることにより、ファイルがアップロードできるようになる。

OneDrive for Business の URL 変更に対応していないためと考えられるが、UPN 変更時にたびたびこのような操作を実施するのは手間なので、この動作を改善し、UPN 直後から正常にファイルをアップロードできるようにしてほしい。

After changing UPN of users, they are not able to update files at Teams chat. Most of the time, this issue is resolved over time, but sometime users need to try upload files in random chat until they succeed.

I assume that this happens because Teams is not support changing URL of OneDrive for Business, but it takes a time to try uploading files randomly whenever this issue is…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change cancel meeting confirmation options

The cancel meeting confirmation popup gives two options: Cancel and OK. It's confusing to see Cancel here because it seems like I should Cancel to confirm.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Scheduling Assistant: Accurate Working Hours Availability

Currently, the scheduling assistant does not accurately show availability for groups of varying time zones. For instance, when scheduling a meeting in Teams, I try to review an Italian colleagues schedule in the scheduling assistant. If I look at 2pm CST, it shows his schedule as "Free" when in fact his work day is done. Outlook shows his calendar is blocked off for his working hours, so it would make sense that the Team's scheduling assistant have this same ability. This causes confusion for multinational companies.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Launch Keynote and collaborate within Teams

I know it's not an MS product, but it would be great to be able to launch Keynote and collaborate within Teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve Teams user interface

Add basic usability features such as:
    Reduce default font size and allow customization
    Add ability to drag frames horizontally to allow user to control view
    In Task view, add vertical and horizontal scroll bars

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Activity Feed Set Default

Can we set what is displayed when we click on Activity? It reverts back to ALL but I would like to set it as unread or any other option so when I move to another area and go back I don't have to click on the filter again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. To Support planning strategy, please add Tasks Recurrency functionality / Periodicity as it is in outlook for meetings - Thank

To Support planning strategy and operations execution, please add Tasks Recurrency functionality / Periodicity as it is in outlook for meetings - Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. MacOS: native text features like lookup would be great!

MacOS: native text features like lookup would be great!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable adding links to websites etc. in files

To be able to include links to websites/pages within folders as disctinct 'files'

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Use proximity sensor on calls on Android

When calling using your phone as a phone (touching your ear and cheek), the Teams app does not leverage the proximity sensor, turning off the screen. What happens is that my ear and cheek keep pressing buttons on the screen. I'm using a OnePlus 6T device. I'm expecting this happens to other Android users as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. chat with other tennants

Hello,
    we need a possibility to chat directly with other people from different tennants withou making them to tennant guests of our own tennant.

Background: We belong to another company with an own tennant. Now we want to enable MS Teams as the main collaboration platform. Therefore we need to be able to chat and see the presence statuos of the people of the other tennant.

Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Calendar access

Currntly you are only able to view calendar appointmnets 2 weeks in advance.

I have a meeting scheduled in for 4 weeks but am unable to make changes / invite additional attendees as the calendar in teams only shows 2 weeks ahead, meaning i have to schedule a task to complete the required edits in the future.
    A list of all scheduled events or better access to the calendar would be beneficial.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow administrators to check the status of teams even though they are not the member of the teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    チームのやり取りについて
    Allow administrators to check the status of teams even though they are not the member of the teams

■Description(内容):
    現在 Teams にてチームの作成を制御せず、全ユーザーがチームを作成できる運用を行っております。
    しかしながら、不要なチームが乱立した場合、チームに参加していないと管理者であってもチームの状況を確認することができません。
    そのため、チームに参加していない場合でも、管理者であればチームの状況が確認できるよう機能の拡張を要望します。

Currently, all users are able to create Team at Microsoft Teams without any restriction in our organization.
    However, in case there are too many teams in the organization, even it is administrators they are not able to check and manage teams if they are not invited.
    It would be great if administrators will be able to check the status of teams even though they are not the member of the teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hide the Sync in OneDrive on Teams

I would like to hide the Sync button in OneDrive on Teams.

You can hide the button when you go to OneDrive admin center and click Sync, uncheck Show the Sync button on the OneDrive website. This can hide the Sync button successfully on OneDrive for Business, however, when you click the Files tab on Teams then click OneDrive in a cloud storage, the Sync button still remains there.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Copy and paste DTMF tones into the in-call keypad

You cannot copy and paste a text string of numbers (or letters) and paste them into the in-call keypad to be converted to DTMF tones in Teams, as you could in Skype for Business. This is particularly important when using Teams calling to dial into a 3rd party dial-in conferencing service, and having to enter a meeting ID. Currently this must be re-typed into the Teams DTMF keypad, which is a clunky user experience.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reoccurring Alerts

When you @ someone on teams and they do not see it the 1st time there should be reoccurring alerts every 5 minutes until they check it. For example if I were to @Mike and he was busy when I @ him then in 5 minutes it would notify him again and he would remember to go see why he was @.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microsoft Teams Users Activity Usage Report

I have just looked at the report and there is a lot of Activity under 'Other Activity' outside of chat, channels, meetings, etc. What is included in this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Schedule a Meeting without Invites

As someone who needs to block off time in their Outlook calendar, I'd like to be able to do the same in Teams too. Currently, I cannot book a meeting through Teams without inviting someone to it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base