Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Options in the Teams Chat we can edit.

Under Teams Chat I have a bunch of Contacts groups, but they are listed in alphabetical order I would like to be able to rearrange them.

Also all groups open in expanded vs collapsed view is there a way to default this to collapsed view?

Similar to the way you can in Skype.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to customise or brand the GUI

Allow changes to that awful dark colour scheme, font, etc and let us decide how we want it to look. Allow collapsing of the side bar, it takes up too much screen real-estate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Wiki who added new items

Hi,

i am missing in the wiki who added the item. Like to see in teams who created the tabs, who added new items in the wiki page (Like in onenote with the contact card when you work with multiple users)

Greetings,

Erdem

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Optamize the app for a larger screen

The andoid app is not optimized for a larger screen. When used on a chromebook there is a lot of white are that is basically wasted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Outlook style text edtior

Make the chat text editor for conversations similar to Outlook. This would include all options for inserting and formatting charts, pictures, ect.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Auto Save back to SharePoint

Like in SharePoint, if you open a file from SharePoint, it typically saves back to SharePoint.

I use a program called Storyline to develop eLearning. I can open the File from a SharePoint site and the changes are saved back to SharePoint, but I cannot do this from Files in Teams. Therefore, I have to download the File, make edits and then manually reupload the File. Sometimes, I forget to do the final reupload and so my Files tab doesn't have the most current version.

Please enable Teams to have the same features as SharePoint.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple login page populated while opening the app in android.

Multiple login page populating while opening tha app in android 8.1.0.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Organisation notifications need to be able to turn off

Somebody sent me a new organisation invite. I’m too busy to respond/look into that. However, on the iPhone I cannot turn off the notification for this and the red to on the app stays there forever. It would be great to be able to turn that off. Please work on this. Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Searching text

Search history

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. send as Channel

Several of our users have developed a use-case where they'd like to send as a Teams Channel. This is different than sending email to a channel or sending as the group itself.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I am on multiple teams. I need a way to catagorize them beyond "More"

I am on multiple teams in various departments across my organization. I need to be able to group various teams into different categories such as Clients, Projects, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. View and Restore the deleted Teams groups in 'Manage teams'

I see a captured screen in the 'Archive or restore a team' page,
    In 'Manage teams', there is 'Deleted' list under Archived list but I don't have that in my MS Teams.
    It would be great to have that, then users can view and restore the deleted Teams group right away from there.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teamsクライアントのインストール先を変更できるようにしてほしい

共有端末などを使用する場合、ユーザプロファイルにインストールされてしまうので、共用のPrograms配下など、インストール時変更できるようにしてほしい。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Real time notification of messages from team memebers

Team members should be notified when a new message has been sent by other members of the team. I shouldn't have to open the Team app before I can know members have left messages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pixel 2 Android App external incoming call screen doesn't show callers name from outlook contact

When I receive external calls on Teams, the identity of the person is not being shown in Teams, even though that person in in my Outlook contacts. I can see the contact in the Outlook mobile app and I have given Teams permission to also access my Pixel contacts.

After I hang up, it will show the name of the caller in call history. It would be extremely beneficial for full screen notification to pull from outlook contact as well so you can see the name of the caller.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Internal submission of Teams Report a Problem

Allow the native Teams capability of using Help, Report a Problem to support submissions to an internal helpdesk.

Provide an administrative setting that allows an alternate destination of the problem report (Teams/Channel, SharePoint, Email)

Provide a programatic (API) method to call the report problem capability that allows development of different problem descriptions, different and more questions posed and then posts the problem report in the location the developer chooses.
    Key to this is the ability of that API to support the automatic inclusion of logs as the native tool does today.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Geo-Fencing Calls on the Mobile App

It would be nice to be able to geo-fence the ability to receive calls for users who might be signed into teams on their personal devices at work, for work, but who aren't expected to take work calls off-site. This would be set at the administrative level. Related, it would be nice, again at the administrative level, to allow users to override this setting for when they're doing off-site work. If overriding isn't allowed, the switch can't be changed in the app. If overriding is allowed, that switch would be set manually, with the option to temporarily allow calls through…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can you pin messages to a chat ? In case you need to reference it later without having to scroll up and find it

Can you pin messages to a chat ? In case you need to reference it later without having to scroll up and find it

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create new file within Chat

Sorry if this is suggested already but it would be nice to create new file within a Chat. Ideally, it should be just like within a Channel. Currently you have to create a file elsewhere then copy it into a chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base