Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In Team, when I want to add a task for myself, in Description field I can not paste and need to retype enything that I wanted c

In Team, when I want to add a task for myself, in Description field I can not paste and need to retype enything that I wanted c

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to sort tasks in buckets in the task tracker

Need an option to sort the tasks, within a bucket, by date or A-Z or Z-A, or assigned/unassigned, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. GIFs are not loading on 2 computers but works on everyone else's machine. Why is that?

I have tried signing them out, restarts, windows updates, online portal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the ability to send one IM to contact group.

Would like the ability to send one IM to a whole contact group. This is one the Skype feature and i would like to see it on MS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow @ mentions to work from SMTP email

We have a .NET program that sends SMTP emails to various Team group channels. It works great except that we cannot use the @mention feature as part of the email.

We would love to use an @mention to one or more specific people in the group to grab their attention as they are task owners. An @mention would show up in their activity and notifications and stand out to them.

Currently, if we put something like "@User Name" in the email body or email subject (or wherever) it appears as text and no activity is shown to the specified team…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. teams.exe Malware exclusion documentation

Would be good with an official statement/documentation on how teams.exe should be handled from a client malware perspective. Should the process be excluded or not from Scannig/IPS systems.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. There’s connection problems, sometimes can’t open file.

Please fix this, this problems make my team uncomfortable to use this application.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When space is entered in the notification with out any character an empty message is sent

when we reply with space in the notification of teams we are receiving an empty message

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. File share link option should be removed

When I share a link to a file that is on teams, I get the option to choose a teams link or a sharepoint link.

This option should be invisible to the user and should not be a question. A short url should be created that is shareable and where the link points to should be dynamic and not a end user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Offer shift to group open hours

Since a request has to be approved, I would like regular members to be able to offer their hours to their group's open hours. It is easier to post an open shift and for any team member to take it than contact everyone, find a person to take a shift, and send them the offer or swap.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Outlook like preview of conversations

Currently Chat, when adding images, takes up a lot of real estate. It would be great to have a feature in Chat that allows you to change the view to Preview (truncated/shorter version) like you have in Outlook.

Mimicking Outlook would be ideal to keep the learning curve down (from Outlook to Teams Chat). It would also allow users to remove much of the unnecessary space taken up by images, glifys, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Better doc viewer

When clicking a doc in a conversation or within "files" the Teams viewer are not really usable - they don't even have a scroll bar, or show the tabs on a workbook. Please make this function more usable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Carousel limit increase from 10 to 20

Please increase the adaptive cards carousel limit from 10 to 20

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Full Skype delegation abilities

With Skype - when you are added as a delegate, the phone line of the user you are managing calls for shows up on your IP phone and you are able to see when they are on a call, have answered a call, etc.
    On Teams, although the delegate function is available on the app, once added, you don't see the bosses line on your phone automatically (unclear if possible at all). They have to keep me on as a delegate on Skype for this to be available. As long as it is like this, we cannot fully cutover to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Calling improvements

During a session, please let the user select the relevant phone number if i want to add someone to the current call and please show which number will be dialed and is in use. Also let under contacts copy relevant numbers. And last but not least, please let popout the calling window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Changes to assignments in Teams

1. Assignments should lock(and be un-viewable) for a student automatically once it is turned in. Otherwise students can share completed assignments with friends who are behind. Teachers can return if needed.
    2. More flexibility in assignment timing - even 15 minute increments would be an improvement.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. User Font control

Many of our departments have internal communication through chat today. One way they quickly tell who is send the message is by color and font. This is set by the sender and shows up for all of the staff. This would go a long way to enabling adoption.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Context menu

I discovered that you can easily open the development context menu :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.