Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Planner Task Bucket Transfer Drag and Drop in Empty Bucket

Feature bug occurs when a Planner tab has multiple bins.

When trying to transfer a task between one bin with tasks to a bin with no tasks using drag and drop the task will not transfer unless a place holder Add a Task "task" is placed in the bin or a full task is created in said bin.

Transfers do work to empty buckets when maximizing a task to edit and you select the appropriate bucket in the "bucket" pull down menu.

Allowing tasks to transfer from one bucket to an empty bucket without creating a "placeholder" task would be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calling Plan Feature / Usage Reports

By any chance is there a way we can implement (from teams admin center) to verify the remaining balance of your calling plan? I am receiving an email from SFB that i already run out of funds. I think it would be better for us to see the current status (calling plan) of each user's remaining minutes. 

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Group Paging Feature

Paging that will assist / call a set of users who's under a Team for example and will page someone over the speakers built into the phones. A good feature that can be implement on TEAMS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow viewing of the day's past events on mobile app

If a meeting was booked for say 30 minutes and goes over time, if I disconnect and attempt to rejoin via mobile app, I cannot see the meeting in my meetings list because it was theoretically in the past. Please show all the events for that day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prompt to send unsent chat message when focus changes

I have *many times* begun a chat message, gotten side-tracked, and left the message unsent. I only realize this hours, days or weeks later, the next time I want to message the same person.
    IDEA: Prompt, "Do you want to send your message?" at the time the user attempts to change focus.
    Give options: Send, Save Draft, or Discard, one of which must be chosen in order to move to a different place or conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. App settings are not in an intuitive location.

My profile is the last place I looked when trying to edit settings for Teams. I looked for them first in the bottom left, then under the three dots. Even if settings are tied to my profile, it seems like a strange place to put it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Citação no Teams

Não é possível citar uma mensagem no Teams, se eu quero responder algo do dia anterior e citar aquela mensagem não é possível.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have more control

Have the ability to hide messages in teams like you can in chat so if there is a topic that still needs actioning or input It can be easily found and once a topic that has been resolve it can be removed so u dont have to scroll through 100s of messages or have a archive option like there is with email

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Screen frame from screen share after meeting end remains

I was sharing my screen during a Teams call, after we have ended the call the red frame which indicates the shared screen still remains... until you quit the app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Chating while working on a file

I'd like to work on a file while chating, it seems that we can't do both simultaneously... it's really annoying since I have to close my work in progress in order to answer someone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Android client: Multiple sign in windows popping up

When I try to use teams on Android I get swamped with sign-in requests. One overlapping the others. Sometimes there's like five of them or more. I am part of organization that uses two factor auth

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Start a conversation per RSS feed item

To easily start a conversation multiple items form the RSS feed should NOT be combined into a single post in a channel.

Instead a conversation per item would be more convenient.

Also the title of the items should become the topic of the conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Quick Links

Would really like there to be a Quick Links app that could be added as a tab in a channel that was tied into the admin selected apps in O365 that it could be centrally managed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stickers don't work

Every time I try to send a sticker I get an error that says "Whoops! We lost your image. Delete the old message and try again."

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. you need to add an way to alert someone to a message or ping them if something is urgent.

you need to add a way to alert someone to a message or ping them if something is urgent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove/Replace Teams Meeting information without cancelling

I've had issues where a recurring meeting was scheduled from Outlook with Teams information, but for some reason the conference # started being rejected. I want to remove the "Teams" link and information for the meeting, so that it can be re-added and a new conference # generated. There doesn't appear to be any way to remove the Teams linkage for a meeting without fully cancelling the meeting and scheduling a new one from scratch.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. notifications

My desktop notifications are no longer working. A week ago Teams prompted me to do an upgrade and since has not worked. I even uninstalled and reinstalled and still no luck with notifications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable to delete optional Notebook suggestions from the list when adding a new OneNote tab in Microsoft Teams

When I add a new OneNote tab on Teams, choices for OneNote Notebooks will be shown including the Notebook which is already added to the Teams tab.
    I would like to delete optional choices from the list. Even if the OneNote data itself was deleted from the SPO site, the deleted Notebook still be shown in the list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Organization and admission for Teams

Is there a way to group or delete or do other Housekeeping functions for Chats and Teams? It is getting messy.

Also, is there a way for allow auto admission to an existing Teams. Please don’t ask Organizer to admit people one by one. Or give Team code which no one bothers to read and apply. If a Teams is public, everyone should be able to access it.

Similarly there should be a way where customers or partners or third party can access an existing Team without always approving or providing Team codes. Are you aware how dynamic events or…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Planner task Popout window

Have a way to Pop-out a small Tile windows listing all planner task assign to you from all channels. you could add Options to show all channels or only a few channels. Could also have it check any task from planner not under teams.

This way if you have 3-4 display screens, you can have your task list on screen 2 and Teams on Screen 3

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.