Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate a KUDOS app for Microsft Teams

In our organization our employees are asking for a "kudos" kind of app, like https://www.justdisco.com/ms_teams "justdicos" is an app design by slack, it is connected to Growbot. We need something like this integrated in Teams!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Its another open window that I don't know what to do with. Integrate it with Outlook and Skype

I do not know what Teams is for. Its another window that appears when I log in, so I close it.
    How about integrating Outlook, Skype and Teams into a single application rather than multiple that all appear to serve the same communication function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Working in another place"

Please add "Working in another place" to present status in TEAMS User account. Idea behind is, that members of a team can see, if someone is working, but not in the office, for example, working in Homeoffice.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mobile app ability to delete items from the feed

Ability to delete items in the feed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create new Team created alerts for O365 admins

Make onboarding easier notify O365 admins when a new Team is created. Currently there is no good way for us to track new Teams. An alert feature would help us onboard new Team owners and ensure they are following best practices.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Images need to behave like consumer Skype

Pasting an image into the chat window, and having it very slowly upload like a file is very painful and not user friendly. Please emulate the behaviour of consumer Skype when it comes to handling images.

Teams even said my 4.4MB image was too large... other chat applications just compress the image and don't complain. You can't expect users to be compressing their own images in order to be able to send them, it'll be a support nightmare.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New external apps message/digest

The admin can choose to either enable or disable new external apps by default, when they are brought to the store.

Due to GDPR, we cannot 'enable by default'. Therefore, I would like a third option: disable by default, but send a message or digest (weekly?) of all new apps so they can be reviewed before allowed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to set priority

Having recently added all my tasks to planner I realised there were some tasks that despite having a due date, I wanted to obviously mark as high priority.

Can we make this an option

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mention in a private Team should behave as mention in private Yammer

Mention (i.e. @<name>) in private Team chat behaves differently than mention in a private Yammer chat (private chat or group); is that intentional or a bug?

I was learning Yammer and testing to see what happens when you mention someone from a private chat and a private group.

o For a private chat, it adds the user to the thread and they have access to the entire thread, including posts before they were added.
    o For a private group, it adds them to the thread (with access to previous posts), but does not add them to the group. It presents a Join…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Message "sending...." for months

Months ago when the internet was wacky, a message got lodged in the in between and still says it's trying to send today. I can't delete it, so it shows up in this one chat every day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sharepoint news "Add for you"

The connector "Sharepoint news" was recently added to teams so that you can get messages in each team with that teams news.

Sometimes this might lead to having to check a lot of channels for news and for some publicized news there is no channel (or you are not in it). So I think, like some other apps, the option "Add for you" should be added so that you have a place to see all news at the same time.

Ideally you should be able to see all news that you have access to even if you are not in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. use as a virtual learning environment

use teams for a class of students. Tutors read / write learning material and assignments
    students read learning material and submit assignments

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Video not render while Recording

I have an a problem, when i tried to record the Video Conference in Meeting with 2 People and share some screen, and its successful uploaded in Microsoft Stream but when i'm play the video from our camera not rendering, so only record call, any suggestion?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. If you have the audio conferencing lisence make the options in a place that is visable instead of hiden in the little "i" in the upper right

if we are paying extra for audio conferencing and want to use "call-me" please have it use that audio and not both the desktop AND the pone you are calling in creating feedback - no reason the app would auto use both besides making a really terrible end user experience. Also make it an option that pops up when you are joining the meeting of how you want to join audio instead of hidden in the "I" settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I use MS Tems daily

Hi I use Teams and I see several defects, most of my coworkers are in red color and warnings saying that they are out of office and they are online.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow to tag (@) people in channel chat by their Skill/Expertise or project from Delve Profile

When we collaborate and troubleshoot ideas in my organization, we would like to bring in or tag specific people to the chat based on their skills/expertise or project knowledge. It would be very helpful to be able tag experts/SMEs, for instance if we need mySQL expert, we could use tag @SQL and all the users with SQL expertise in Delve would get notified to join the discussion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Give the ability to see past meetings and meeting notes.

It would be useful to have the ability to view meetings that have already occurred and to be able to record them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.