Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Delete Teams Client completely from machines

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams クライアント削除後の動作について

Delete Teams Client completely from machines

■Description(内容):
    Teams クライアントの削除のため コントロール パネルから "Microsoft Teams" を削除すると、スタートアップアプリの中に残存したままとなり、オンライン修復を行うと、"Microsoft Teams" が再インストールする動作になる。
    ローカルマシンから完全に削除したいと考えているため、上記の動作について改善を要望します。

Even though we delete “Microsoft Teams” icon from Control panel to remove Teams Client, it will remain in the Startup app, which means that when performing online repairing, Microsoft Teams will be reinstalled.

We want Microsoft Teams to be removed completely from local machines, it will be great if you correct this behavior.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Refine chat bix for easy copying of texts

Keep the chat box user friendly to copy texts from sender

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to logout Teams from Android App

After click the logout button from Android app, I restart the Teams app or even restart the mobile phone, I can go into my Teams account without typing any password.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Presence "Off work" in Teams for mobile.

There is presence options "Off work" in Teams for mobile, but is should be the same as the Teams for Desktop.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change the message that is displayed when a team owner is changed to a member.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    チームの所有者をメンバーに変更した際の動作について改善希望。

Change the message that is displayed when a team owner is changed to a member.

■Description(内容):
    Teams 管理センターにて "所有者" となっているユーザーを "メンバー" に変更した際、チームの投稿に "ユーザーが削除されました" と表示される動作となっており、混乱する為改善を希望します。

If we changed a member’s title from “Owner” to “Member” via Teams admin center, the message “The user was deleted” will be posted on the team’s post, even though the user was not actually deleted.

It might confuse everyone in the team, this message should be modified to the appropriate one.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. kill this app

just kill this **** and start anew

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Visual In-progress status on top of every task along ...

Visual In-progress status on top of every task along an automatic self in-progress activation for the task as soon as a subtask is cheched as completed

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Outlook list style view switch for conversations

Default view of emails in Outlook offers a list of recent emails on the left and a preview on the right for a selected email at a time from that list. That is quite an improvement to bring to conversations from the current space consuming current view, so the list of messages can be navigated itself indepent of the the selected message preview

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Integration of reams room into autopilot

Hay noticias integrante Teams room into autopilot so you can deploy the system in a fast anda escalable hay.
    Bye assigning the correct Skype padres ditectly, you onñy needle yo putin the correct system into the correct room.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Customize button colors in Teams room

In Teams room, you are only able to change background and color scheme. If you have a background with bright color, it is difficult to see the buttons (new meeting, present, etc). Would be good to be able to change the color of the buttons as well

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add JibJab

You should add support for JibJab so that people can send Gif.s of themselves!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Searching users in Teams

I would like you to add the setting option that only searches users in teams (Office 365 groups) they are joining. Currently, we can search user by filtering with the ABP only in Microsoft Teams admin center.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable Google Drive file sharing button

I'm honestly thrilled by the new promising age for Microsoft and its Office suite. Congrats to all the team! About the suggestion: it is great that one is able to add Google Drive folders in the team's channels. However, the sharing button is disabled. Is it because of a Google thing?It would be a killer feature to be able to share Google Drive folders and file via the Teams app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Do NOT sync files automatically between Teams chat and OneDrive

Files are automatically added to OneDrive from Teams chat, which is annoying if you try to manicure your OneDrive folders/files and you have a bunch of random one-off screenshots and other transient junk there from chat channels. How do we opt out??

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Conference call status

As soon as you join a Skype Call, you are shown as not just "Busy", but "In a Conference Call", however in Teams you are just "Busy". Please can we have the same option as Skype? Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The new Call feature:

Can you make the Call contact quick list a "little" more compact?
    I don't want to blody scrool to find someone.

A list would do fine. I'm braking my neck just trying to find who I want to contact. I'm not blind. Whos designing this stuff???

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Chat important message

Hello,

it would be great if, before I send a chat message, I could choose that when the receiver receives the message, a window would pop-up on the receivers desktop. This would be useful when you have something urgent to discuss with someone.

I dont have my notifications activated for chats, because I dont want to be interrupted when I´m in the zone, so to speek. So, if someone needs me right away, he could choose that the message pop-ups in front of my face.

BR,
    Sebastian

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Detailed information needed for Teams presence

I would like to have a public information for the presence activity deference based on the event creation method. Specifically, I need detailed information for the differences depending on the following scenarios in case when setting the Register Teams as the chat app for Office option in Teams, or when setting co-existing mode to island mode in Teams admin center.
    1. An event is created from Outlook on the web
    2. An event is created from Outlook client
    3. A Teams meeting is created from Microsoft Teams
    4. A Teams meeting is created from Outlook client

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Horizontal Line Separating Team List or Channels List in Favorites

I would like to add horizontal lines in different colors to my list of Teams and Channels in Favorites to group them for quick reference. It could just be a line that I can add between two teams or two channels like I would do if I had a red pencil.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Set status to busy or invisible upon sign-in or sign-out completely

We should always be able to set our status to busy or invisible. Sign in as invisible or sign in as always busy or DND instead of automatically signing in & being set as available. Should be able to sign out of Teams without it automatically sign out of Office 365 entirely.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base