Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Conversation search doesn't reliably scroll/highlight found items in the main pane

When I enter a search, it shows extracts of all posts containing my searched words in the left pane. So far so good. So far so good.

But when I click on the found extracts:
    * Sometimes it places a yellow highlight on what was found in the main pane. (This highlight then slowly fades out.)This helps my eye go right to the found topic instead of having to read the whole page to find it.
    * Sometimes the found conversation is visible in the main pane, but sometimes I'm looking at the end of the conversations in that channel…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Double click to edit, or edit by default, for documents and spreadsheets in Teams

I find it frustrating having to click Edit to make quick edits to documents shared in teams. For some reason this is particularly aggravating when working with spreadsheets.

Please enable either double-click to edit or automatically open documents as editable by default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update app resolution for iPhone XR

Currently text and icons are oversized on the iPhone XR because the app hasn’t been updated to match the screen size and resolution.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ios disable screen share feed

I attend a lot of Teams meetings when I'm driving. Skype iOS app has/had ability to disable the screen share when someone else is presenting. Teams app needs this too. When driving, can't watch the screen and it's an unwanted distraction. I mostly listen in and chime in when needed during the call. Team has the option currently to ONLY disable VIDEO feed, but screen share feed still comes through. This also eats up much more cellular data, so wish to have option to disable the screen share feed to save cell data when unable to be on wifi.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can't remove or in follow General

Why is general special? It should have the least priority, but seems to have the most when it comes to follow and notification settings

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Building a Connector

Hello,
    We have a web app and we want to integrate Microsoft Teams with it, as this was requested by some of our users.

The integration should be able to send alerts from our web app to a channel in the Microsoft Teams app, chosen by the user. The alerts are events that take place in our app, in the account of the user.
    After the integration is made, we expect to receive a token or a personalized URL for the channel the user chose, which we would save in the user's account and use to send messages/alerts.
    We've created…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Downloads in Android should go to the download directory

I'm using the Android app on Android 9.

When I download files in the teams Android app, I see the files get downloaded but I have no idea where they go.

I suspect the answer is something ridiculous like a custom Microsoft download directory, but I don't really care.

The current behaviour fails the principle of least astonishment. Downloads should go to the download directory by default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix screen sharing remote control user'ss mouse click

Fix mouse clicks for screen sharing under remote control for MacOS. As the remote user, having requested and been granted control, my mouse clicks work maybe 10% of the time, if at all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Restore, recreate deleted channel

No, I can't restore deleted channel on mobile. The original post was closed and can't be commented. https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17009224-recreate-deleted-channel

Please reopen it so people could at least give feedback on the fix.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Another member status (away/offline) should be reflect within a minute after his/her system gets shutdown.

Another member status (away/offline) should be reflect within a minute after his/her system gets shutdown like skype business app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Notification don’t work well

Receive a notification anytime anything happens

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. powershell scripts

We store a lot of powershell scripts in Teams for collaborative use. It sure would be nice to be able to edit scripts from within teams without having to download them and the upload when complete.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. hand tool in pdf reader

Dear team,
    We so highly need a hand tool in PDF reader tool.
    Can't leave without that, please add.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Wiki: Add inline fixed width formatting

I'm able to create a paragraph with fixed width typo --- but I cannot markup text **inline** as fixed width. That'd be fine!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Administrators can pre-register other Cloud Storage to Teams.

Administrators can pre-register other Cloud Storage to Teams.

Now, users register other Cloud Storage to Teams individually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Join or create a team

Following the instructions for "Create a team":

When I click on "Join or create a team" nothing happens. The "Join a team with a code" box is all that is on the screen. I need to collaborate with someone at another facility...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sync problems

There are instances when the message screen doesn't sync. On a nutshell i cant see messages that were sent to me in real time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams lost my contacts! Thanks Microsoft!

Don't erase my Skype contacts after forcing me to use Teams! None of my Skype for Business came over into Teams (terrible product). The group headings did, just not the contacts. Better yet, I get confronted with a stupidly friendly reminder that my organization has been moved to Teams when I open Skype to try to manually re-add my contacts, so I can't even see them now. Way to go Microsoft! I really hope this doesn't happen to one of my clients. Yet again, not impressed with Microsoft's determination to push out products and updates before they are close to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow translation in the App

App does not allow translation whereas it can with the computer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.