Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Block Specific inbound calling patterns to specific phone numbers

We need to be able to block inbound calling patterns (such as certain area codes) to certain numbers within our tenant. There is a way to block inbound calls to the entire tenant, but that would prevent other calls from coming in.
    We have an toll-free (1-800 number) that is the only one that needs to block calls from certain area codes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable a search function that allows searching through Shifts

When I search for a shift that is posted somewhere in Shifts, I receive zero results. As it is right now, I must manually review each week to find what I'm looking for.

For example, if I have a shift that is called "Shift 3" or "Visit 4", I want to be able to enter those into the search field an population all those shifts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable a search function that allows searching through Shifts

When I search for a shift that is posted somewhere in Shifts, I receive zero results. As it is right now, I must manually review each week to find what I'm looking for.

For example, if I have a shift that is called "Shift 3" or "Visit 4", I want to be able to enter those into the search field an population all those shifts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. @mention team member in private chat

Add an ability to @mention a team member in a private chat with another team member. The @mention should get a notification about it and read JUST that message. They would have the ability to respond to the original member in their own private chat.

Currently, there is only an option to "Add People". I would much rather keep the chat as a 1-on-1 with my team member, and only @mention another for when they need to know the information/can provide help in that message.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Message alerts in Teams ABSOLUTELY STINKS!

We went from Skype for Business over to Teams recently and it's a COMPLETE DISASTER when it comes to alerts. Nearly EVERYONE at our business is missing alerts because of the poor design that you have. We constantly have to chase people down now when we rarely used to have to do this with Skype.

How could you design something so poorly???

FIX YOUR PROGRAM. IT'S SUPPOSED TO MAKE PEOPLE EFFICIENT, NOT THE OPPOSITE.

If you expect people to constantly keep an eye on the taskbar for a message alert or voicemail (don't even get me started on your backwards…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support office keyboard shortcuts! Why can't you delete entire word by pressing ctrl+backspace?

Support office keyboard shortcuts in Teams! Why can't you delete entire word by pressing ctrl+backspace?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It's impossible to select and highlight a whole message in Teams

It's impossible to select and highlight a small message in Teams. The like and flag appear over the right side of the message and there's no way to remove them other than to move your mouse pointer off. In order to highlight and copy the message, you need to select with the mouse pointer so it's physically impossible to do it.

I'm suggesting that the like and flag pop up is displayed above or beside the message in question as opposed to on it, in order than text within the message can be selected and copied.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams AutoAttendant DTMF Timeout

Add Option to choose an user in Organisation / voice app if DTMF is the only option enabled in AutoAttendant and Caller do not press anything….. actually caller hears option-menue endless….. it would be nice that an DTMF-"Fallback" Timer can be configured and Fallback number can be configured (user in Organisation / voice app or operator)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Be able to add picture library to Teams

Can only seem to add Document libraries, but being able to insert picture libraries or lists too would be great (not using the "Website" tab as this isn't reliable.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When I comment on a task I get email notificaiton about my own comment, and about every other innocuous comment made.

My email is being totally choked by comments on tasks. I even get an email notifying me of my own comment. This is not practical. It should be possible to disable email notifications and just get notification in Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Start chat with custom Bot app by sideloading on mobile app

I want a feature that user starts personal chat with a custom Bot on Teams mobile app for iOS and Android by sideloading using App ID. If I search Bot with its App ID on mobile app, there is no result and I can't start personal chat with my custom bot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Shifts Icon to Main Bar on Left

I would like to be able to access Shifts quickly from the left-hand bar - without having to click the three dots and then select shifts from the "more apps" options.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Darker or Brighter Highlight for "Today" in Shifts

The "Today" function is a great way to return to the current day, but it is such a light highlight that it is easy to miss. Please consider running the highlight all the way down the page of shifts or making the top line darker or brighter.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How can we add outside vendors to the chat rooms?

How can we add outside vendors to the chat rooms?
    Example of an outside vendor: Telaid
    We had them on Skype, loosing them on IM will cause more emails for questions regarding our sites.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix links in User Feedback Forum

NONE of the links in the description of this forum is working

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
    Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
    Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make hyperlinks in "Praise" note clickable

We love the new Praise app, but often the Praise needs more context than what can fit in the "personalised note" field. Often this is done with a hyperlink, but hyperlinks are not clickable in Praises!

Please make hyperlinks in Praises clickable!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want a shared calendar for tracking team leaves in teams

In my team, there are 15+ people. We want to have one calendar in which everyone can put their leave plans and it will be visible for the rest of the team members.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base