Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Desktop Teams supports Off Work status

Mobile Teams supports Off Work status. Desktop Teams must also support Off Work status to be consistent. Why not? Currently they're inconsistent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When receiving message ,it's seems that "typing.." message is shown also afterwards.

When receiving message ,it's seems that "typing.." message is shown also afterwards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better Message Notification

We we're using Skype and when a message was sent, it would pop up on the screen. This doesn't do that and we can't tell when we have messages. It's annoying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable Enterprise Keywords search to be utilized in SPO and Teams

I would like you to enable the Enterprise Keywords search to be utilized in Microsoft Teams client like SPO. Because we set the Enterprise Keywords search in SPO and manage files; so even if a team is different, the Enterprise Keywords needs to be available in Microsoft Teams client as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Implement a reminder function in Microsoft Teams

I would like you to implement a reminder function in Microsoft Teams. It would be great if it can associate with Calendar and reminds me in certain time frame which can be set by time and days from the start day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide better feedback to the user when calls can't be established. A message "Sorry we couldn't connect you." doesn't tell me anything use

Provide better feedback to the user when calls can't be established. A message "Sorry we couldn't connect you." doesn't tell me anything useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Coloured tabs in a channel

It would be good to be able to have color on the tabs in the channels. for example, green for planner, purple for onenote and so on. Preferably so that the owner of the Team can choose the colors.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Crate photo album

As group conversation, quite often need photo as quickest communication. But not able to find in teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Block Specific inbound calling patterns to specific phone numbers

We need to be able to block inbound calling patterns (such as certain area codes) to certain numbers within our tenant. There is a way to block inbound calls to the entire tenant, but that would prevent other calls from coming in.
    We have an toll-free (1-800 number) that is the only one that needs to block calls from certain area codes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable a search function that allows searching through Shifts

When I search for a shift that is posted somewhere in Shifts, I receive zero results. As it is right now, I must manually review each week to find what I'm looking for.

For example, if I have a shift that is called "Shift 3" or "Visit 4", I want to be able to enter those into the search field an population all those shifts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable a search function that allows searching through Shifts

When I search for a shift that is posted somewhere in Shifts, I receive zero results. As it is right now, I must manually review each week to find what I'm looking for.

For example, if I have a shift that is called "Shift 3" or "Visit 4", I want to be able to enter those into the search field an population all those shifts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Blinking dots keep going after person sends chat

The little dots that show up to indicate another person is typing keep going after the person sent their chat. For example, a person replies "Yes" to a question... the little dots keep going as if the person is typing a follow-up comment but in reality they are done and are not typing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. @mention team member in private chat

Add an ability to @mention a team member in a private chat with another team member. The @mention should get a notification about it and read JUST that message. They would have the ability to respond to the original member in their own private chat.

Currently, there is only an option to "Add People". I would much rather keep the chat as a 1-on-1 with my team member, and only @mention another for when they need to know the information/can provide help in that message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have an option for Teams to call you at a phone number so you are automatically logged into the call (this is the way Skype Meetings worked)

When you enter a Skype meeting, it gives the option for the meeting to contact you at a phone number you input. When the meeting calls you, you are automatically entered into the meeting (which is a nice feature so that you don't have to punch in the meeting ID and passcode). This does not appear to exist on the Teams meetings and would make things much more efficient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change the language in Android app

In the Android app, isn't possible change the language such as the Windows or MacOs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Unify the Microsoft Communication Infrastructre

Do I use Teams to communicate or do I use Outlook? If I split my communication between Outlook and Teams, how do I search for information from a single interface? The separate communication infrastructure is a mess.

With Skype, Skype sessions used to appear in outlook as “Conversations.” Using Outlook, I could search for communication threads through mailboxes and folders as well as Converstions. Loved it!

With Teams there is no interoperability and the communication threads are separated. I have to search through two separate messaging systems to find information.

Terrible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base