Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. recurring meeting

I have a recurring meeting (using WebEx) that I wanted to switch to Teams. The meeting has been going on for years and will continue indefinitely and therefore has no end date. When I added the Teams meeting (via Outlook plug-in) it sent a new invite to every person for EVERY occurrence. Participants had gotten nearly 300 before I was able to cancel it. This is totally unacceptable. If I do the same with WebEx it sends one invitation that covers all occurrences.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Attachments in Planner

Currently when you upload an outlook file into your files and then attach it to a Planner card the link will not take you to the file - it gives you an error. I have had this problem at two different companies with MS Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How do I setup call fowarding to other Phone #'s?

How do I setup call forwarding to other Phone #'s?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. onenote notifications

Allow for Teams to create an alert when someone updates or adds content to a OneNote linked to an MS Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams client Mac asks way too often for two-factor (MS Authenticator) even when Macbook lid is closed

When my closed Macbook comes close to a new wifi, my MS Authenticator asks for "approval" on my Apple Watch. First it was confusing why someone tried to access my account until I realised that it was the Mac Teams client that tried to connect. Need teams to better handle authentication towards Office365 with two-factor authentication enabled.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Teams GDPR compliant for external users with custom Terms & Conditions

Office 365 has quite some GDPR functionality, but the case of external users for SharePoint and Teams is not managed:
    - How do we get user consent of storing user profile, user activities and other privacy data.
    - Declaration of how data is process in the system.
    By supporting a customized "Terms & Condition" (which many other services do), this would be solved.

Also I am not sure how well Microsoft covers the GDPR requirements in their TrustCenter (e.g. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/trustcenter/privacy/gdpr/solutions). Do you describe how user data is processed, can we ask for an excerpt of user data etc? Are…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. mark number of unread messages

I hope marking number of unread messages in my chat list.
    I don't know unread chatting rooms and the number of unread messages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow us to organise files by name, date, etc

Allow us to organise files by name, date, etc

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make it more like slack

Hate the look and feel of teams, tried to get staff to use teams as we are an ms house, but staff hated it, I hated it, we stayed with slack. Teams is dull and doesn’t work properly.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Strikethrough!

We use wikis for some of our to-do lists that don't make sense for a planner -- I'd love to be abe to strikethrough tasks as they were finished!

Thank you!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Use something other than a red circle to indicate busy status

In every other meeting app that I use a red circle means "recording". The red circle that indicates a "Busy" status constantly freaks me out because I think an app is recording audio or video. I'd love something different here.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Display Participants In Team Chat

Add a side bar or something to Team/Group Chats that will display who is in that chat. That way you aren't addressing someone who isn't actually there (also showing their availability in chat would be great too). If this feature exists it isn't apparent in MacOS Teams

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There should be popup for every chat Incoiming, in absence this either we miss it or we read the chat very late. so do something about it.

There should be popup for every Incoming message, in absence this either we miss it or we end up reading it very late.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Accessing Archived Teams

It is not evident that one should click on the "manage" icon to the right of "Join or create a team" to be able to access archived teams. I should be able to see some form of the word "archive" somewhere in the main GUI.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Volume meter for Live Events

It would be helpful to see what volume levels are currently being received, as well as an indicator for when noise cancellation is actively being applied.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. GIF's are great, but the interface is WAAAY too small on desktop, and the GIF search kinda sucks... can this be improved?

GIF's are great, but the interface is WAAAY too small on desktop, and the GIF search kinda sucks... can this be improved?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow SharePoint files to be pinned as tabs in Teams

I would like to be able to pin a SharePoint file as a tab without having to upload it directly to Teams first. The issue that we run into is that you then have different versions of a file. One that is in SharePoint and one that is in Teams. Depending on who accesses which version you can have edits in both that have to be merged somehow which is a total nightmare.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Separate Calendar App

On the phone it's impossible to have email and calendars open at the same time, making it impossible to quickly check whether time suggestions etc. received by email would work in the calendar; or while giving several time slot options, going back to the email draft is very impractical.

Either make a separate calendar app, or if you're too lazy for that, at least allow a button for quickly switching between calendar and mail without exiting the one completely to open the other.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More than 11 users assigned for one task

Planner only allows 11 users to be assigned to a task. Need to be able to add more. Additionally, the task only allows one person to mark the task complete rather than individually. I do not want to create the same task 11 times.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to Change Status from Tray Icon

SfB has the option to change your status by right clicking on the icon in the system tray. It would be great if you could have this option in teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base