Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't delete old chats or give us the option to choose if we want delete them automatically or not.

I wanted to read older chats and I cant because it has dissapeared. I wish that you could choose if keep or delete the chats

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I cant't view Saved Messages and saved message page always clear

I tried to save messages in Conversation, after that I tried to show saved messages I find saved messages page clear why ??
    although in conversation still give me messages saved
    I'm using chrome browser

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Planner Integration Not Working

Previously, you could select from all existing plans created under a team. As of yesterday, we no longer can select from previous plans - we use this frequently and on multiple channels. An update to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Section from top

In Teams Wiki tabs, add a section from top of Wiki. Currently, you must add in between existing sections, deselect your newly added section, and move it up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. where did the "call" Menu item dissappear to

I like the calls functionality that was added and no it disappeared. where did it go?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Super Minimalist Tracking

I have no idea if I have added this to the appropriate channel!

My idea is to have a super minimalist service ticker tracker by adding limited functionality to the backend. I am not a developer but it seems doable to me:) My idea would act like twitter where upon typing # a unique reference number (or alphanum) would be added to the conversation for tracking. This number could be used to then provide status updates or added to planner for tasking. This way the teams user (in this case the SecOps group) have the liberty to make the conversation…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I want to know when users downloaded a file that I posted. This lets me know if the information is valuable

I would like you to build a table of the users that have downloaded a file that was posted. It is a log of when it was downloaded. I would like this metadata to determine if the file that I created is valuable based upon the number and who download it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Help Videos Start with Sound On (Turn off Auto-Mute)

The Help section's Videos all start with the volume muted. Is there a design reason for this? Why the extra step to click to unmute? I would assume that users wanting to watch these videos (by clicking on them) with sound.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customize channel view

Being able to customize the default view for a channel would be very useful. For example having a top bar with channel description, being able to add alerts, infos or warnings per channel, ... Would be very useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Let me write on turned in assignment, please!

Would be more user friendly if I could write comments on a turned in assignment while I grade it, as I can do with a paper assignment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pandora interruption

When you are listening to Pandora or streaming music services and someone calls you from Microsoft teams you need to make Microsoft teams interrupt Pandora so you can take the call right now there is no interruption the music keeps playing and you can't take the call it just goes to missed call

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Check who is in a location

It would be great functionality to be able to Search in Who for who's address is in a specific city or province/state

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Share conversations to another Team

how to share existing conversations to other Team or Channel?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The "Use the app version" screen keeps on appearing

Despite repeatedly dismissing the advertising to use the app version, it keeps on showing up every once in a while.

How many times does one need to indicate that they're not interested in installing an app before the hint is taken?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. School Principal-Easily allow one click join Team from

I’m a school principal. We currently use Teams in house but I’d like capability to create a Team for parents and community so that we can post flyers, leave notices about school activities and have access for teachers to create their own channel for parents to follow. Right now it would be too difficult to individually invite every parent by adding their email address. Ability to send home a half sheet flyer that says,
    1. Download the Teams app
    2. Join our team by...

Would be amazing! Admin & teachers could monitor who joins and I would most likely turn…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. carriage return

Please accept CRTL+return for carriage return (in addition to SHIFT + return)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Falla más que una escopeta de feria

Es muy sencillo..copiar a whatssapp que funciona de miedo...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. start over from scratch? is that too much to ask for?

Lets start with performance, slow even on 8th Gen i5 quad core with 16g ram

go in and out of "chat" and "suggested" re-appears, cluttering the recent chats, as well as recent (chats) which apperas to stay closed properly.

I want the ability not to see these things, I don't need *you* or *your app* giving me suggestions right now, and in the future if I needed suggestions I could just as easily click something to show them, rather than you forcing them there all the time when they are 99.9% useless to *me*.

Naming conventions, ok so right click…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 'New conversation' box is too small

Users have told us that the 'new conversation' and 'reply' boxes are too small and they don't like having to click on the 'Format' option to make the text box bigger. The reasoning is because if they are writing a lengthy message, it's difficult to see what they've said and it's a hassle to have to click 'Format,' as opposed to the box being larger by default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.