Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Visual organization

Make it more visually organized. I want to be able to organize work projects separately on cards or something categorical.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Links accessing to files doesn’t work in iOS Teams app

[Repro Steps]
    1. Select a team in Microsoft Teams desktop client
    2. Add a folder at File tab
    3. Get a folder link from "…"
    4. Paste the link into "Conversations"
    5. Open the link in iOS Teams app

[Actual Result]
    In Step 5, the link doesn’t work in iOS Teams app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add command for setting “Automatically favorite this channel for the whole team” via PowerShell

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    "すべてのユーザーのチャネルのリストでこのチャネルを自動的に表示します" をPowerShell で設定したい。
    Add command for setting “Automatically favorite this channel for the whole team” via PowerShell

■Description(内容):
    "すべてのユーザーのチャネルのリストでこのチャネルを自動的に表示します" の項目を、PowerShell でも設定変更できるよう、機能の拡充を希望します。
    I would like to change the setting “Automatically favorite this channel for the whole team” via PowerShell as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Editing feature for the Teams menu

Implement a feature that can add icons of URL links into the Teams menu.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiple class materials folders in Files which can be renamed.

It would be useful to have the ability to create multiple class materials (read only) folders in Files which can be renamed by teachers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Secured Visitor Group for Teams

Would be great to create a Visitor group for Private Teams that the site owner can add/remove users with READ only permissions. Public Teams is too open for site owners and the site business owner. Private Teams is not open enough.

Would be great to create a group Site Member No Delete permissions for Private or Public Teams that allows contribute but not delete items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Org Wide Team Templates without having to be a Member

We need a way to create a Org Wide Template that any user can create a new Team from, without having to grant them access to that Template Team.

Currently you have to be a member of the Team you want to use as a Template. This makes it difficult to help standardize Teams on certain items such as projects. Even if we were able to create a project team template and add all users in the organization, its a very bad experience for users to have template projects listed in their Teams list (even if hidden). Templates shouldn't show…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Citar

No se puede citar un texto de una conversacion como en Skype

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Clickable Location Field to Shift

If you add a street address to the location field in an Outlook meeting you can click the address in Outlook Mobile to open the maps app to navigate to the address. It would be great to have this same feature in Shifts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Filter charts by Time period

There should be a view on the charts option to let you see the buckets or status of the tasks for a specific time period for example a particular month or set of days vs the current option under the Due filter. Its a bit limited on being able to view the time periods.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Refresh all contacts

Refresh all contacts status periodically. While teams is minimize of the program is not on top it isn't refreshing users status. When I click to open Teams window and it opens I see all contacts witch some old status, When I click in the window of teams(somewhere inside) it triggers a refresh of all users status. Allot of times I just open Teams window and see that The people I want to contact are unavailable and I minimize it again and wait to contact them when they are available. And in the same time they are available but mu Teams…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When deleting a conversation it would be greate to be able to delete the replys as well

When deleting a conversation it would be greate to be able to delete the replys as well

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Copy must be based on OS specific

when we copy messages received in linux machine, we can see more line feed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Contacts stored in Outlook with "Company" name only import into Teams with NO NAME AT ALL. BLANK!

I store numerous (100+) contacts in Outlook using only a "Company" name. No person or first/last name is associated with these contacts. Works well in Outlook...Not so well in Teams. After setting up Teams today I discovered that 100% of my "Company" contacts are nameless in Teams. Can't even access a contact card to find the name if I wanted. Microsoft, you were the forefather of making product integration seamless. Maybe it's time for a course-correction.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Shift Availability/Preferences

Hi,

I have some part-time and casual staff who have commitments like college classes and children's activities. It would be really helpful to for team members to be able to specify their availability other than by requesting time off.

Scheduling would be much easier with prompts like - "John is available after 1100".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Favorites Bar

I think it would be really helpful if you could pin 'favorite' items in Teams to the left hand menu bar. For example, you can 'pin' chat messages, meetings, teams folders, etc.

Being able to pin a folder would be extremely helpful instead of having to dig deep into the folders every time you want to access a file would be very helpful

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. There is no vibration alert

Needs a vibration alert

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Team switching

I am on different teams and changing them is very tiring, slack makes this very it could be great if teams made team switching more convenie

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base