Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Team created by Office 365 admin center or Graph API is reflect in teams app late sometime.

Creating Team with Office 365 admin center or Graph API,Sometime It takes time for that to appears The Team on Teams App(Desktop and Mobile).
    So I want to appear Teams created on Teams App(Desktop and Mobile) immediate.
    Creating Team with Teams App(Desktop and Mobile),Always The Team appears immediate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add tracking for conversations

would like to add conversation tracking for my employees

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Skype to Teams migration Tool

Skype to Teams migration Tool Should be made available to migrate contacts, groups from skype to teams including contacts from 3rd party organizations. Its very painful to add each contact again in Teams one by one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. priority notifications in Teams conversations in channels

The new priority messaging feature in chats is very useful, however it would be great if this feature could be used within Team conversations in channels. This way all Team members can receive recurring alerts for urgent messages. Very handy in healthcare.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Share a file from a Team in a chat

Hello,

Right now, when I am chatting with a colleague if a click on the attach file icon, there are 2 options shown: "load from my computer" and "OneDrive". I'd love to be able to share a file from a Team's File tab. I mean, in addition of the available 2 options to attach a file, and extra option to send a file from a Team's File tab, so that we don't have to copy and paste a huge link of the file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the chat part morelike Skype

People are difficult to pull from the directory.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. For the desktop version, the "Your Teams" window should be resizable.

For the desktop version, the "Your Teams" window should be resizable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make the text boxes able to resize to more than just that narrow box

The box containing the chat bubbles does not make full use of the screen size. If I have a large screen resolution, the chat bubbles still stay small which makes it very difficult when looking at lines of code being shared

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. watch lists for planner tasks

In Teams (and Planner) add the capability to have a watch/notification list so that when comments are posted to the task, everyone on the watch/notification list receives an email with that update.

secondly, give an option for people to receive notifications immediately, as a weekly digest, or daily... just as you can do in Sharepoint.

In Teams, I have teams of people assigned to a task with a checklist so they are all aware of what has to be done and can check off progress. However, if there is an update, they AND ME (the manager) need to know the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. please restore my deleted buckets from my planner

We should be able to restore deleted buckets or tasks from planner for some reason they deleted some buckets I had and now I cannot restore them and my team isn't able to work now we have to invest more time again to type them in we are considering using other applications to work with and not use Microsoft applications anymore

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Feature to Give Organizer power to another person in your organization to allow and admit users from the lobby

Feature to Give Organizer power to another person in your organization to allow and admit users from the lobby

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. view shifts in week view

be able to view the shifts of the whole group in a week, 2 week or month view on the ios app instead of a list. shown as it does on the desktop version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. be able to create shortcuts that link to your most used files and folders within teams.

be able to create shortcuts to files and folders within teams.
    the shortcut be able to link to a folder in a different team, you would only see this as long as you are a member of that team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. phone call back not possible if call is dropped-except stop and restart meeting

If I have been called back, and call gets dropped for some reason, I still remain in the meeting but do not have an option to have teams call me back again. I have to drop out of the meeting and rejoin the meeting to get it to call me back. Also there's no expel option, if someone accidentally put the wrong call back number. at last, it would be nice to have the usually called phone numbers to be saved in settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Setting to control auto hiding of Teams

When Featured ID #48621 (automatically moving inactive teams to "Hidden teams") was rolled out, it added a new behavior without providing a way to disable it. Please provide a user configurable setting to control this behavior. At a minimum, we need to be able to disable auto-moving of teams. Additionally, it might be nice to configure the threshold for number of days to consider a team inactive, but that would be a lower priority.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Graph API app permissions for Shifts

There are number of integrations we'd like to make with Shifts (primarily from schedule planning and time and attendance systems) using the Graph API but we are forced to use Delegated Permissions. Given that we utilize non-user involved process via Azure Functions to call these APIs it's critical for us that these scopes work using App Permissions instead of just Delegated Permissions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stories for xbox

It would be cool if you can be able to put stories on your xbox so people can see your clips or screenshots as a story

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Easier transition with multiple signins

I have two different user ids to sign into teams. Please give me a better option then having to sign in and sign out of each one. I want teams to memorize all my signin.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow a setting or option to allow visibility of individuals status message when viewing contacts.

In skype when I viewed contacts it was easy to identify when someone information to “Set Location” or “Whats Happening Today?” fields. It was useful in my organization to quickly view when someone was online and document that they were involved in a specific activity. It was also quick and easy to update when at lunch and when returning. I did not have to hover or click on the contact to see the message. In teams when I look at a contact I do not see any this message. The only way I see the message is to hover on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.