Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Read receipts makes Teams unusable on some chats

When the read receipts were introduced, they added so much overhead that frequently the chat just freezes for several seconds. Turning them off improves the situation considerably, hence why I'm blaming it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a bio break button so we can politely step away from a meeting

Sometime I need to make coffee or *** but don't want people calling out my name thinking I'm not paying attention. Add a button for BRB

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The People Need More Emojis!!!

Teams simply needs to have more Emoji diversity. The current emojis are beyond depauperate. They should at a minimum have as many smile face emojis as the Apple products.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Talkie-Walkie Mic during a Conference

Instead of muting our mic everytime due to background noises we can rather have a Talkie-Walkie functionality so when we click and hold on a button we can talk (can listen others simultaneously) and it stops when releasing the button.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Only show team members which have Planner tasks in Charts

Only show team members which have Planner tasks in Charts. It currently also shows Team members which have zero tasks making it difficult to reference in large teams

Referred from: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/planner-charts-show-tasks-per-team-member-only-when-the-member/m-p/1291408

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integrate teams into file explorer

It would be great to have teams available within file explorer in the same way that OneDrive is. This would completely revolutionise the way people use file servers and collaborate with Teams. Saving directly to Teams and pulling files directly from Teams without having to figure out or retrain staff who aren’t very IT literate.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to create a meeting, from channel post

Using menu access for new item in posts tab, be able to create a TEAM meeting from this.
    Attached Pic has better explination.

Usefull when item recieved from channel email address, and needs to be better discussed. Create meeting icon on bottom of screen, allows using subject but does not tie back to original post.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Seperate & Pin Group Chats

Can we seperate group chats or pin specific chats. We often post in specific group chats but have to scroll through lots of individual chats

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Video from my main camera (MS Lifecam Cinema) is dark in MS Teams.

There is no brightness adjustment in settings. There was in Skype! Please implement and or fix the auto brightness so that it works with Microsoft Lifecam Cinema.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. auto completion of participants in meeting notes in One Note

ForTeams Meetings scheduled via MS Outlook, from Outlook meeting window there is a button to take "Meeting Notes". This creates a One Note with details about agenda and participants. It includes a list of invitees, but it does not ticks off whether the invitees are participating in the meeting or not, we have to tick them off manually.
    For Skype meetings via MS Outlook, it actually automatically fills which invitee are participating, but not for Meetings.

The suggestion request is that for Teams Meettings the participation shall be automatically logged in the One Note meeting notes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display scheduled meeting time along with In a call/Meeting banner on any ones profile

I wish to see the time until any one is busy in any pre scheduled meeting. So that when I see their profile I could get information like the person is busy in meeting for next 2 hours something like that instead of showing just "IN A MEETING" or "IN A CALL"
    Example:
    "In a Meeting till 15:30"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Scheduled meetings should be joinable on specified day, date and time.

Dear Teams Team,

Our organization is using Teams to deliver daily/weekly lectures.

When an organizer schedules a meeting(lecture) to take place on a specific day and time and sets its re-occurrence on daily or weekly basis, the team members should not be able to join it on any other day.

Currently teams allows team members to join any of the scheduled meetings irrespective of the actual day as per system clock. This creates problems when students join wrong day meeting, while teacher is delivering in some other day. Members face problem hearing voice, viewing shared screen etc.

Please look into…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Disable student participant cameras

Dealing with student privacy laws teachers are asked to not engage in video conferencing with students in online platforms. We use the video elements to staff meetings regularly but when dealing with students, we need a function just like the audio muting feature but for muting the video as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show upcoming meeting info on main display of Microsoft Teams Room Systems

Rather than just showing the time on the main display of a room system it would be good to show any upcoming meetings like the in room touch panel does. Saves the user having to wake the touchpanel to check an upcoming booking in the room.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show my own thumbnail, activity, and microphone status even when my video is off.

Show my own thumbnail, activity, and microphone status even when my video is off. My own thumbnail should look just like any other user's thumbnail and show voice activity, microphone status, etc.

The attached image shows a video thumbnail, but with video off my thumbnail should show the circle "KF" or my profile image and get the purple "talking" treatment, show microphone status, etc. Just like every other user in chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show the microphone mute state in the local user thumbnail.

The video and avatar thumbnails show microphone mute state for other users. It should display for yourself as well. Attached image shows me muted in the controls, but my video thumbnail shows me as not muted.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams video conference for more than 4 people

We were looking to do a video conference with my team but it looks like only 4 people can display. It would be nice to increase that number now that we have the entire team remote. Not sure this is possible today through configuration or setup but i was told not.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need support for copy and pasting emojis

When you try to copy and paste emojis it looks like **** currently.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Color coding Chat NEW Unread text - to distinguish new messages right away

Color coding Chat NEW Unread text - to distinguish new messages right away

right now all are in the same color with new cods bolted only. Sometimes it is difficult to see the new message in the chat box with white text and dark background

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I want check my face and my background view before I share (on,activate) video to my team.

I want to check my face and my background view before I share (on,activate) video to my team.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base