Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Volume or Sound Management

There is no way to manage volume and sounds for chat windows in TEAMS. It would be nice to add a sound with the banner, when a chat/reply is sent. The simple soft sound of a ping is similar to Skype. Like a default, we should be able to use a specific chime for those of us that work in multiple screens/PC's in order to know that a TEAM CHAT was sent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why doesn't Teams allow you to open functions (chat, files, etc.) in a separate tabs?

It would be so helpful to open a chat in a separate window, while looking through my teams files, and keeping planner open to keep an eye on what I'm working on for the week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix SharePoint List Quick Edit Error

I love the fact that we can add a SharePoint list as a tab in Teams. Unfortunately, a Quick Edit view always freezes and will not let users exit it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bugs in Chat

Cann't copy the last few text of a message because of the more option that comes over the message..This is ridiculous

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Email address for group different if created in desktop client vs. Teams admin center

When a team is created in the Teams client, the Office 365 group email address contains the entire Team name (e.g. MyTeamNameHere@company.com)

When a team is created in the Teams admin center, the Office 365 group email address is truncated to 8 characters (e.g. MyTeamNa@company.com)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adaptive card loosing form data

When submiting a form with some Input.Text items, the card is loosing data in fields.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. comment restauré une équipe supprimer ?

on a supprimer une équipe par erreur , comment pouvons nous la récuppéré?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. To make an app for mods on xbox

To make an app on xbox one that allows people to submit an download mods and for them to work on any game thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share my screen and see their screen (picture in picture) for training

I would like the ability to share my screen (so an employee/client can see my desktop) and be able to see their screen in a smaller window to make sure they are following along as we step through a tutorial. A 1/4 size picture-in-picture in the right-hand corner of my screen would be GREAT! Possibly transparent while not a focused window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Email Notifications

I am receiving an email regarding an unread message even though I have already read the message in chat. I like the email in case I miss a chat, but false positives are becoming annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. content search stopped showing channel name

Content search in office365 portal and powershell used to include the channel name in the subject of the msg file.

this is no longer available and it is impossible to know to which channel a specific conversation belongs to.

it's impossible to review teams data from compliance perspective.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. microsoft poderia bonificar fieis clientes,vence a garantia e destratam a gente.

Prezados,

Sou cliente fiel microsoft aproximadamente a 9 anos,meu primeiro console foi X BOX 360,e na sequência adquirir X BOX ONE,sempre cuidei com zelo do console,e agora depois de uma atualização de maio 2019 meu console começou a travar ,desde então fui até o power e reiniciei ,para minha infelicidade o console não apareceu mais imagem,ficou um barulhinho de plim,e na sequencia desligava sozinho,liguei para suporte microsoft onde o atendente prestou suporte porem não ligou ele disse que poderia ser o cabo de vídeo HDMI,troquei o cabo(novo),não voltou,gostaria que pelo anos de fidelidades comprando produtos, indicando a familiares e amigos…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams Desktop Client Should Auto-Poll for Network Connectivity

Every time I startup my computer, Teams starts up quicker than my network connection is established. When this happens, Teams recognizes that I don't have a network connection and fails to continue the startup process and has a message similar to "Something went wrong", and presents me with a "Try Again" button.

MS Teams should, similarly to almost all modern websites, auto-poll the network connection and automatically perform its own "Try Again" process when it detects that the computer has a network connection so that I, the user, don't have to manually click that button and potentially miss notifications if…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Open the command bar by using CTRL+SHIFT+P like in VSCode

VSCode has CTRL+SHIFT+P as its 'allmighty' shortkey. As a keyboard warrior making my co-workers crazy with my Cherry MX-Blue switches I'd love to keep the consistency, please open the command bar in MS Teams as well with CTRL+SHIFT+P!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Wiki : Feature to add image in personal wiki is not available

Inserting image is available on wiki shared with team.

But not available on personal wiki.

Fix that issue as it will be very helpful on maintaining personal wiki.

**On working with desktop application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. clear activity tab

the activity tab should have an option to select and delete each activity that has been viewed.
    otherwise it will get crowded pretty fast and lose meaning. it will just be a confusion tqb

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Back arrow should go back to where you were in the list, not the bottom

When you click on a link in a message on a channel and then use the back arrow to go back to messages in the channel, it should take you to where you were in the list of messages, not the bottom of it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Push message change

I don't like how the app sends a push message to you when you send an outgoing private message. Makes me think I got messaged by someone else, only to realize belatedly that it was my own message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base