Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Is there a way to show when an idea was posted on this site and when someone from Microsoft responded with an update?

Just a question, not an idea. Is there a way to show when an idea was posted on this site and when someone from Microsoft responded with an update?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Powerbi

The integration with Power BI is a little clunky.
    Adding an embedded PBI Report to a team does not get the members of that team permissions to view the content.
    Instead, even without Pro licences and when using premium capacities, users need to be manually added to the corresponding report workspace.

Could there be a way of assuming view only membership for anyone that is a member of the relevant team instead?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. having Microsoft team for Mac able to follow its own link or link sent from Team for windows

IF somebody send a teams link created from windows, Teams for macOS won't be able to open it.

I first thought is was due to the fact that windows does not encode the link the same way Teams form Mac does it, however teams for Mac is unable to follow its own created link.

When we receive such link in Outlook, teams app shall be opened and followed. teams does not work on a browser on Mac. Only the app is available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams in Apple, bad fuctionality

When I click on a link to a Teams document in an email in outlook mobile it does not open up. Instead it shows a window asking if I want to download the app. Needless to say that I already have the app in my phone

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need the public information about sessions per user and network bandwidth for specific behavior in Microsoft Teams

It would be great if you could provide us specific Microsoft Teams information about sessions or bandwidth. We consider introducing Microsoft Teams; although you announce that sessions or bandwidth for Teams is dependent on users’ environments or usage conditions, so the specific referenceable values are not informed and you recommend to use computation tools in the public information.
    We appreciate if you could provide the information in case of doing group chat or team chat, having a meeting without video function, sharing a desktop view or PowerPoint presentation in the meeting etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Give me access to add external users. Until I can do this this product SUCKS!!!!!

Give me access to add external users. Until I can do this this product SUCKS!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Joining a meeting should NOT auto-mute your microphone!

I use my computer as my VOIP soft phone. When a user screen-shares with me in Teams, I don't want it muting my microphone because I am in the middle of a call - sometimes, i am in the middle of a sentence.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Direct Chat Disappears

Started a direct chat with another user in my organization, but then it disappears. Started a new chat with the same user and it disappears. The user can see my messages, but I cannot see their replies or even any history of our conversation in "recent".

Workaround: We started a group chat with a 3rd person and then had the 3rd person leave the group chat. That is the only way I can chat with this individual now.

If I try to create a new direct chat it shows my new message and immediately vanishes into the ether. This scenario…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams freezing during screen sharing

Screensharing during Teams conference meetings occaisonally causes the sharer's Teams to freeze lately. Have to restart computer to use Teams again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Columns layouts within text formatting for Wiki pages

Columns layouts are missing within text formatting options, useful when:

a) in combination with numbered lists, could bring more space wise overall Wiki layouts when summarizing/ enumerating topics

b) make large paragraphs easier to digest on column sections, more like magazine looking text layouts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sync Active Directory Groups into Teams

Well we already have an entire Active Directory set up where we have split employees by team and division. It seems in MS Teams I have to recreate that structure and add each employee manually. Is there any syncing for group membership?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Move Teams and Office 365 Groups Sharepoint Sites to a spearate Sharepoint Root or allow a hidden prefix in naming

When a Team or Office 365 Group (which a team creates) is created it creates a SharePoint site. The ability to specify the location that these SharePoint Sites are created will reduce or eliminate naming conflicts within SharePoint when using these products.

Another approach would be to add the capability to add a hidden prefix that would remove the potential conflict with SharePoint without cluttering the name of the Team or Group

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. private teams should have option to be hidden from search or not

Users can not search for private rooms to ask for membership approval. They can search for public teams but those can not be member approved by owners.
    We would like to have an option when creating private team whether it is hidden from search or not so users could easily find us and ask for membership.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. UI

Skinnable ui with options to adapt to each company and/or group. Eases for people using multiple team nodes (consultants for example).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Better performance in Firefox

Increase performance in Firefox

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Conditional Access for Microsoft Teams

I would like to be able to limit access to Microsoft Teams without using conditional access in Azure Active Directory.
    For example, I want to be able to control by IP address, etc. in desktop applications and browsers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. flow not working properly in Teams application

Flow is not working properly in Teams application using different credentials than my work account.

In Teams Web application it is working fine, but in desktop application in the tab Flows i didn't see anything neither the sign in screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need to be able to copy the Wiki from one Team Site to another

We've created a number of Wiki Support pages in our Team sites that we'd like to be able to copy from one Team site to another but there is no way of doing this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hide use name in Microsoft Teams chat

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のチャット画面左側に表示がされる ”おすすめ” のユーザーを非表示にすることが可能となるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

Hide use name in Microsoft Teams chat
    Microsoft Teams のチャット画面左側に表示がされる ”おすすめ” に、表示される必要のないユーザーも存在していることがあるため、表示させるユーザーをカスタマイズすることを可能とするか、または、当該項目を非表示とすることが可能となるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

Allow customizing Suggested contacts section in Microsoft Teams chat, or, provide show/hide options for specific users in Suggested contacts as some unwanted user name keeps popping up.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.